Alex Sandro (39 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Key moment during the match. Apart from that one match against Fiorentina where he was terrible, he's been amazing this far this season.
Well, situation with his father might have influenced this one game, we will never know, but apart from that he is a gladiator this season. Solid as fuck in defense and delivers in attack too.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Very undeserved yellow, he didnt even see that the merda player already got another ball and was about to throw it in without waiting for him to return to the pitch, like they usually do.

Ref made a few errors, one was giving him a yellow so early in the game, very harsh decision, rest are not booking Shitniar for his absurd tackles, how he finished the game without being booked is beyond me, also Barella probably deserved one too, earlier than the 91st minute when he finally saw the yellow... Some merda players made very very harsh/rude fouls and their first yellow was at 88th minute. Ridiculous...

Solid game of course, lest wait another several weeks and if they maintain that level of performances, Sandro and Cuads can easily be considered as THE leading fullback pair in world football, both are da bomb, just stay healthy please...

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
The 2019-20 version of Alex Sandro is certainly one of the top three best and most complete leftbacks in the world. The script about Sandro must be re-written. He is no longer the bomber, gettin forward constantly; however, he occasionally can get forward with great effect and often delivers a great cross into the box. Defensively, he is an absolute rock. Always well positioned and hardly ever getting beat.
The one thing I must say about CR7 making his way to Turin, is that guys like AS, who were constantly rumored to go to other clubs, are no longer looking to leave. Juve is now seen as a destination club and not a stepping stone.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He is playing as well defensively as I ever seen him. In this setup, he may not be afforded as many opportunities to just burst down the left flank and get more involved in the attack, as someone has to cover for CR7 when the latter is allover the pitch

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
As impressive as he is defensively, I still think his first two years with us were even better. Maybe it's just me but it looks like he just doesn't take on players anymore. Gets the ball and then either plays a one-two with Matuidi or turns around and looks for a different option. Not hating on him, just an observation. But I sure miss him sprinting past players and crossing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well, situation with his father might have influenced this one game, we will never know, but apart from that he is a gladiator this season. Solid as fuck in defense and delivers in attack too.
How long was his father's illness? Could have explained a lot of his form last year, that shit is not easy. Kicking a ball around suddenly becomes unimportant, no matter what you are paid.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
As impressive as he is defensively, I still think his first two years with us were even better. Maybe it's just me but it looks like he just doesn't take on players anymore. Gets the ball and then either plays a one-two with Matuidi or turns around and looks for a different option. Not hating on him, just an observation. But I sure miss him sprinting past players and crossing.
May be Sarri's instructions though, since he likes playing asymmetrically with one attacking and one defensive fullback. If Cuadrado keeps up his good performances he could be the choice for the more attacking role.

Against Conte's 3-5-2, Sarri set up to nullify Inter's central threat and force them wide, so it was more important for both of our fullbacks to cover the flanks rather than look to get in behind and cross.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think he just had more responsibility to attack. Nowadays we have Ronaldo so he has to pass there when Ronaldo is on the corner of the box.

Back when he first arrived, we had no one on that flank. Also yes, I think he was more of a phenomenon back then as well. But I still think he could be dangerous right now if he had more responsibility, maybe not as dangerous in the past though.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I don't think he can bomb forward like he used to because him and Matuidi are defending for Ronaldo, if he pushes too far up and we lose the ball then the opposition can switch to our left and our slow cb's might struggle making up for it. Now he has to pick his moments, but he has certainly excellent defensively, sad thing is our rb is expected to be more attacking now, so Sandro is stuck back defending whilst MDS and Danilo are pushed up attacking. (Hopefully Cuads is fixing this)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)