Alex Sandro (91 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
And you think we could get a better LB for 60m? Please...
If Spina could be our starter LB then yea sure, such sums are fine. But untill Spina proves himself to have that starter quality, you can't just go and sell your main LB - aswell the guy who played the most minutes of all players this season iirc
Our "main LB" has been shit for almost 18 months now.

We literally have a better LB at the club right now. And yes you can find a dozen better LBs for less than 60m and on waaaay less wages.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
And you think we could get a better LB for 60m? Please...
If Spina could be our starter LB then yea sure, such sums are fine. But untill Spina proves himself to have that starter quality, you can't just go and sell your main LB - aswell the guy who played the most minutes of all players this season iirc
Hello max is that you ? Prove himself? he proved it by being better than sandro every time he got a chance to step on the field this season including are best played game this year vs madrid.Then he was dropped for the robot sandro once again.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Our "main LB" has been shit for almost 18 months now.

We literally have a better LB at the club right now. And yes you can find a dozen better LBs for less than 60m and on waaaay less wages.
I'll say it again - minus all brain farts which almost every single player had this season - AS is solid, he's the best fullback currently we have at the club, and I don't see how and why the board or Max would want to get rid of him. We don't need more issues for fixing, and as much as I like Spina, he yet neither did show that he has the starter quality, neither that he is better than AS

Obviously if you want your fullback just to run forward, dribble and cross, then I understand if you rate him better than AS, otherwise his qualities would suit a LM or Winger much more than a LB - I could be wrong, I'm just saying that Spina defensively didn't show anything to prove himself yet (not that he had the opportunities)

- - - Updated - - -

Hello max is that you ? Prove himself? he proved it by being better than sandro every time he got a chance to step on the field this season including are best played game this year vs madrid.Then he was dropped for the robot sandro once again.
Yes he palyed well in that match against Atletico, and that's a solid reason aswell why I trust our coach (doesn't matter that it's Max in this case) and the board that there are reasons for not playing him more instead of AS. Wtf, we're not benevento - at least someone from the board would already do something and talk with Max about AS/Spina if Spina was so much better

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
I'll say it again - minus all brain farts which almost every single player had this season - AS is solid, he's the best fullback currently we have at the club, and I don't see how and why the board or Max would want to get rid of him. We don't need more issues for fixing, and as much as I like Spina, he yet neither did show that he has the starter quality, neither that he is better than AS

Obviously if you want your fullback just to run forward, dribble and cross, then I understand if you rate him better than AS, otherwise his qualities would suit a LM or Winger much more than a LB - I could be wrong, I'm just saying that Spina defensively didn't show anything to prove himself yet (not that he had the opportunities)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes he palyed well in that match against Atletico, and that's a solid reason aswell why I trust our coach (doesn't matter that it's Max in this case) and the board that there are reasons for not playing him more instead of AS. Wtf, we're not benevento - at least someone from the board would already do something and talk with Max about AS/Spina if Spina was so much better
Ya the reason they pick Sandro over Spina and/or Mario/Dybala over Keane is because those are the safe picks...it's Max's M-O. What's the point in starting two safe picks in MdS and Sandro? What i want to see in my fullbacks are dynamic runs. All i see Sandro doing now-a-days is just stopping and laying the ball off to someone else...what happened to the dynamo we all use to love?

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
let spina play for a whole season and he will make a lot more mistakes, too.

sandro is one of 4 players who played more than 3000 minutes this season. only szczesny, cr and bonucci played more than him. until spina got back, he didn't have any backups. considering the playtime he gets, he's very reliable. i'd find it hard to replace him if he's really gone in the summer.

btw spina is a natural wingback, and can be almost as useful in attack as cancelo, while being a less error prone defender. i'd love to see max experiment with a 4-4-2 with sandy+spina on the left, mds+cancelo or cancelo+berna on the right.
More mistakes? Perhaps... it’s hard to prove a counterfactual, but what I can assuredly tell you is this, Spinna would man more positive moments than Sandro. Just the fact that he has two functional feet to kick a ball with is reason enough to know that. Throw in the fact that the few times we saw Spinna play, he took up positions and made runs that we just don’t see from Sandro anymore. Sandro is a very simple a, b, c player for the last two years.

The one argument you can make in favor of AS, is if you want to tell me playing one two’s with the most limited midfielder in the world is what is bringing his level down? Ok. I agree, Matuidi offers less than nothing, but you would need to prove that point.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
as with every potential sale, let's list replacements too.

just to be clear, for me sandro is one of our smallest problems.
He is not a problem. Very good player, but because he is not as dominant in attack as a couple of years ago, everybody seems to have turned on him. What they dont notice is that he improved a lot defensively, to a degree were Allegri feels comfortable using him in a back three.
We should keep the fullbacks as is. We have enough to do trying to rebuild the midfield and ad another CB.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
why can't he go back to the player he was in his first 2 years at Juventus? he was simply outstanding.
Dunno what happened but all started with our denial to sell him to Chelsea

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
why can't he go back to the player he was in his first 2 years at Juventus? he was simply outstanding.
Dunno what happened but all started without denial to sell him to Chelsea
I think he wanted out then. But, why sign a new contract if that was the case?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 85)