Alex Sandro (137 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
United would be desperate enough to bid huge for him, maybe PSG as well. Selling him shouldnt be a problem, it never was for us.
Actually selling is a big problem for us. We got fucked in the Pogba deal because 1/3 of the fee had to go to Raiola, we got fucked in the Morata deal because of a buyback option, we got fucked in the Vidal deal, we got fucked in the Bonucci deal, we got fucked in the Tevez deal.. In theory Sandro should fetch us a nice sum and I hope he does, but somehow reality always turns out a little bit worse

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Actually selling is a big problem for us. We got fucked in the Pogba deal because 1/3 of the fee had to go to Raiola, we got fucked in the Morata deal because of a buyback option, we got fucked in the Vidal deal, we got fucked in the Bonucci deal, we got fucked in the Tevez deal.. In theory Sandro should fetch us a nice sum and I hope he does, but somehow reality always turns out a little bit worse
We let every player chose where to go, could have got more for most of them. But where do you see AS going if he leaves? PSG and ManU, i dont see a 3rd option tbh. Maybe Bayern? Point is, his potential clubs are rich enough for us to get a good sum

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
We let every player chose where to go, could have got more for most of them. But where do you see AS going if he leaves? PSG and ManU, i dont see a 3rd option tbh. Maybe Bayern? Point is, his potential clubs are rich enough for us to get a good sum
If that's your argument I might agree, Sandro seems to be looking for a paycheck. I just felt obliged to argue against "selling was never a problem for us" :D

Apr 19, 2007
If that's your argument I might agree, Sandro seems to be looking for a paycheck. I just felt obliged to argue against "selling was never a problem for us" :D
I dont think its that selling isnt a problem as much as selling was somewhat necessary in some cases for long term success. We are arounf 10 in money and yet we are punching above our weight. We have grown 125% since the Conte takeover/80 million or whatever investment

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I dont think its that selling isnt a problem as much as selling was somewhat necessary in some cases for long term success. We are arounf 10 in money and yet we are punching above our weight. We have grown 125% since the Conte takeover/80 million or whatever investment
Yeah, but that team was built by not selling anyone, the only meaningful players we sold during Conte era were Matri, Giacch and Esti, our growth all these years had a lot to do with a stable backbone that was created in our formative Conte years. That backbone is almost gone now.

Selling the way we do cannot bring a long term success, we're doing a lot of charity in a free agent market hoping that it'll make us uber desirable, yet its always about wages and the trophies before its about club culture. Look at RM, they've been modest in their spending for almost a decade now, they're abusing everyone trying to shop in Madrid and they never care about individuals. Does it stop youngsters from going there?

Apr 19, 2007
Yeah, but that team was built by not selling anyone, the only meaningful players we sold during Conte era were Matri, Giacch and Esti, our growth all these years had a lot to do with a stable backbone that was created in our formative Conte years. That backbone is almost gone now.

Selling the way we do cannot bring a long term success, we're doing a lot of charity in a free agent market hoping that it'll make us uber desirable, yet its always about wages and the trophies before its about club culture. Look at RM, they've been modest in their spending for almost a decade now, they're abusing everyone trying to shop in Madrid and they never care about individuals. Does it stop youngsters from going there?
I understand we didnt sell stars but part of our strategy back then and honestly still is to buy young talent and make a profit so we can buy more and have a more complete team.
Also real Madrid do not hold back in their spending.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Well its real fucking madrid. They'll be more attractive even if they molested players

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Didn't they buy Bale for 100m 5 years ago?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I just recalled they bought an 18 year old for £40.5m for next season. Let's also remember James was signed for £67m in 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

lol when was the last time RM was modest in their spending over any period of time?
PSG and EPL clubs have given a new meaning to that term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)