Alex Sandro (19 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The question is, at what price will the board be willing to sell? If Chelsea offer 80 million, will they cave in and urge the player to accept?

For me, it doesn't matter what the price/offer is! If we sell Sandro, it clearly sends the wrong message, and tells other top clubs that we aren't at their level, and that for the right amount of money any of our players are available and dispensable.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We are as much of a top team as Liverpool is, I don't care to make the final, id rather lose in the first round than make it to the final only to go lose over and over.
It is your right to prefer that as a fan, but absolutely no coach, no management, no player, and no ownership/board agrees with you. Everyone in the sport would prefer to be fighting to very end.

Secondly, Liverpool? That's one of the more absurd things you have ever said on here. They haven't won a single league title in 27 years (1990). We have won 13 league titles in that time.

Taking the CL final loss hard is one thing, but placing on a level with Liverpool is laughable. And entirely disrespectful to the legends of this club and the absolute glut of trophies they have won for us fans.

May 23, 2013
TBH, I do envy Liverpool's 5 CL crowns, as opposed to our measly return of 2 :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he's gone, at least not yet. $#@! Conte indeed, but $#@! our board even more if they allow him to leave (citing the overused and abused "player wanted to leave" mantra bs).
When was the last time a player of ours was linked this hard and didn't leave?

Conte is constantly fighting tooth and nail for our players. Including legends like Marchisio and Bonucci if this deal goes through (really hope it doesnt) hes no longer a legend of this club.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It is your right to prefer that as a fan, but absolutely no coach, no management, no player, and no ownership/board agrees with you. Everyone in the sport would prefer to be fighting to very end.

Secondly, Liverpool? That's one of the more absurd things you have ever said on here. They haven't won a single league title in 27 years (1990). We have won 13 league titles in that time.

Taking the CL final loss hard is one thing, but placing on a level with Liverpool is laughable. And entirely disrespectful to the legends of this club and the absolute glut of trophies they have won for us fans.
Id take a cl over 10 scudetti, liverpool has won it last, no one cares how many league titles porto, psg or bayern wins.

Also your settling for second place is a bigger insult to the club and what it stands for.

Stop trying to psychoanalyze me or past players, there is not taking it hard we have failed, do you understand the ramifications of the word? This failure is compounded by the fact we keep going the same way about things, so if you don't like that facts and prefer to bask in second place mediocrity do so but stop replying to me with your cooler than thou BS

- - - Updated - - -

When was the last time a player of ours was linked this hard and didn't leave?

Conte is constantly fighting tooth and nail for our players. Including legends like Marchisio and Bonucci if this deal goes through (really hope it doesnt) hes no longer a legend of this club.
Lol ok

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
TBH, I do envy Liverpool's 5 CL crowns, as opposed to our measly return of 2 :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he's gone, at least not yet. Fuck Conte indeed, but fuck our board even more if they allow him to leave (citing the overused and abused "player wanted to leave" mantra bs).
As do I. It sucks we haven't won more. But it's no excuse to disrespect this club and the huge number of trophies it has won. Even in Europe, where we have 11 UEFA trophies, 4th most behind Madrid, Milan, Barca. We won 3 UEFA Cups in the era where it was a big deal to win that cup because top teams actually played in it (CL being only 1st place team from each league), one you should remember very well with Baggio, which kicked off the 90s era return to strength for Juventus.

I'm sick and tired of people not appreciating what this club has won, it's disrespectful to the legends who won those trophies for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Id take a cl over 10 scudetti, liverpool has won it last, no one cares how many league titles porto, psg or bayern wins.

Also your settling for second place is a bigger insult to the club and what it stands for.

Stop trying to psychoanalyze me or past players, there is not taking it hard we have failed, do you understand the ramifications of the word? This failure is compounded by the fact we keep going the same way about things, so if you don't like that facts and prefer to bask in second place mediocrity do so but stop replying to me with your cooler than thou BS

- - - Updated - - -

Lol ok
Who is settling for second place? I want to win the CL as much as anyone else, but I'm not going to sell this club short, nor it's achievements in both Italy and Europe.

10 scudetti for 1 CL. Yeah. That's an entirely millennial phenomena.

Sorry, absolutely pathetic to compare us to a club that hasn't won a league title in almost 30 years, and has 1 CL title in the last 35 years.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure Buffon would trade all 10 of his scudetti for 1 CL. :sergio:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
In the last 20 years, without googling, how many league titles has porto won? And how many CLs have they won?
Serie A is a mile better than the Portuguese League.

We clearly don't see eye to eye. I apologize for calling your opinion ridiculous. It is what it is, obviously you can think and value what you want. And likewise, I have my own opinions.

No sense in discussing this further.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:cry: :dule: :sad:

I agree with both of you, somehow. I don't want to undermine the club and its achievements, but can't help but feel we have hugely underachieved in Europe. I do remember the UEFA Cup wins. Good times, meaningful trophy, and Baggio :heart: :touched:

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
People seriously need to cheer up. The pessimism around here is getting paralyzing. Calling our management spineless pussies while pissing in your own pants over every rumor seems like an odd combination. Could it be that some around here might themselves need to man up a bit.
And what did you expect? Seriously? Another final lost and now rumors that we might sell one of the best players in our squad. It's not a rumor that Chelsea made a bid for Alex Sandro and Marotta just said well if he wants to leave then yeah no problem.

I am still pissed about the final and now another summer that we might let go a top player. We have every right to be upset and discuss about it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let's just wait and see what happens :D

And no, I'm not hoping he leaves like some retards who might endorse this shit just to enjoy the ensuing meltdown, even at the expense of weakening our squad ffs :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)