Alex Sandro (17 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Saw an Arsenal Fan Tv video where the fan claimed Mkhtaryan and Aubamayang would be great buys since they won the bundesliga with Dortmund and led them to a CL final.............
Neither Aubamayang or Mkhitaryan were part of the team that won the league... or reached the CL final. :D

That was the team of Lewandowski and Reus (a fantastic player ruined by injuries).

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 23, 2013
Lol, that's pathetic. However, I think they're really good players if they have the right managers, though I'm not convinced they'll do well under Arsene Wenger.
Honestly they are pretty much exchanging Sanchez for Mkhtaryan and Aubumayang, thats an upgrade if you ask me. An attack of Auba, Laca, Ozil, and Mikhi is really good. The one thing holding Arsenal back from being a pretty good team is their horrid defense.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither Aubamayang or Mkhitaryan were part of the team that won the league... or reached the CL final. :D

That was the team of Lewandowski and Reus (a fantastic player ruined by injuries).
Its not like it we're talking about Porto 2005 its Dortmund of only 5 years ago who were super popular. That Lewa, Gotze, and Reus trio was really fun to watch in the CL. Too bad that trio lasted only for one year and Gotze was "injured" before the final.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Honestly they are pretty much exchanging Sanchez for Mkhtaryan and Aubumayang, thats an upgrade if you ask me. An attack of Auba, Laca, Ozil, and Mikhi is really good. The one thing holding Arsenal back from being a pretty good team is their horrid defense.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not like it we're talking about Porto 2005 its Dortmund of only 5 years ago who were super popular. That Lewa, Gotze, and Reus trio was really fun to watch in the CL. Too bad that trio lasted only for one year and Gotze was "injured" before the final.
Dortmund had a really good attack back then, decent midfield and defence as well - until we decided to tear it apart :shifty: First 4 min or so of the video is what matters the other doesent matter much

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yep, Bayern just fucks up their BL competition. take an example of Juve, we helped Napoli by taking useless Higgy and giving them a chance to rejuvenate the team - they much better now. Roma needed money for the FFP, so we paid Pjanic clause, who would otherwise end up at Bayern for 25M or something like that. then we try helping Milan by giving them Bonucci, but they just suck so much that it was futile. plus all the loanees out in other Serie A clubs, such as Atalanta, the Veronas, Torino, Benevento etc

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
yep, Bayern just $#@!s up their BL competition. take an example of Juve, we helped Napoli by taking useless Higgy and giving them a chance to rejuvenate the team - they much better now. Roma needed money for the FFP, so we paid Pjanic clause, who would otherwise end up at Bayern for 25M or something like that. then we try helping Milan by giving them Bonucci, but they just suck so much that it was futile. plus all the loanees out in other Serie A clubs, such as Atalanta, the Veronas, Torino, Benevento etc
I know youre ironic for most of the post, but Dortmund would have been teared apart anyway :boh: They dont have the financial strength to hold on to their players, so would have been just as shitty if they went to PL or La Liga imo. And Bayern actually saved Dortmund financially in 2004 if im right :p

May 23, 2013
Dortmund had a really good attack back then, decent midfield and defence as well - until we decided to tear it apart :shifty: First 4 min or so of the video is what matters the other doesent matter much

Im not sure how smart of a decision it was from Bayern to weaken Dortmund like that. Sure pretty much fully guaranteed the title but by raping their talent it kinda makes the league seem less attractive than it potentially could have had Dortmund stayed strong.

Dortmund constantly pounding Madrid was definitely the most memorable part of that team <3

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Im not sure how smart of a decision it was from Bayern to weaken Dortmund like that. Sure pretty much fully guaranteed the title but by raping their talent it kinda makes the league seem less attractive than it potentially could have had Dortmund stayed strong.

Dortmund constantly pounding Madrid was definitely the most memorable part of that team <3
Like my post above to zizinho: The players would have gone anyway. Dortmund is a big club, but they cant hold on to their star players. So imo its better many of them stayed in Bundesliga instead of going to PL or La Liga.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well, the 2 week vaca did ABSOLUTELY nothing for this guy.

What.The.Fuck.

You literally have an army (Mario and Matuidi) in front of you doing the dirty work and pretty much your only responsibility is providing in attack because there was no threat today on your side.

We will be lucky to get 40m from him at this rate. What a slippery slop he is on. You know he has been cack when there is more talk about EPL & BL in his thread instead of him.

May 23, 2013
Like my post above to zizinho: The players would have gone anyway. Dortmund is a big club, but they cant hold on to their star players. So imo its better many of them stayed in Bundesliga instead of going to PL or La Liga.
Good point. And its not like they didnt replace them with great players like Mikhi, Aubamayang, Dembele etc. Just couldnt get to the level of that 2013 team.

- - - Updated - - -

Alex Sandro has never been a great defender. Now that he is currently useless going forward aswell Asa should def start.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Good point. And its not like they didnt replace them with great players like Mikhi, Aubamayang, Dembele etc. Just couldnt get to the level of that 2013 team.
Yes thats it. Dortmund made some good sales from their stars, but they couldnt keep it up. I would like them to get closer to Bayern financially if it means a closer title race. Hopefully big clubs like HSV (yeah I said it lol), Werder and Schalke can get back to their best. Imo Bundesliga got everything it takes to become the most exciting league in the world (its already great), but sadly enough for both Bundesliga and Serie A the money is in England.

Even though Bundesliga got a 85 percent better TV-deal it still not close to the crazy money they throw after english football.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/bundesliga-tv-rights/

- - - Updated - - -

Offosos topicos @Mark
Sorry. Is it possible to move the posts to Bundesliga thread?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes thats it. Dortmund made some good sales from their stars, but they couldnt keep it up. I would like them to get closer to Bayern financially if it means a closer title race. Hopefully big clubs like HSV (yeah I said it lol), Werder and Schalke can get back to their best. Imo Bundesliga got everything it takes to become the most exciting league in the world (its already great), but sadly enough for both Bundesliga and Serie A the money is in England.

Even though Bundesliga got a 90 percent better TV-deal it still not close to the crazy money they throw after english football.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/bundesliga-tv-rights/

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. Is it possible to move the posts to Bundesliga thread?
Let's see :D
@GordoDeCentral @Salvo

Some moderating is needed. :numnum:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I know youre ironic for most of the post, but Dortmund would have been teared apart anyway :boh: They dont have the financial strength to hold on to their players, so would have been just as shitty if they went to PL or La Liga imo. And Bayern actually saved Dortmund financially in 2004 if im right :p
Dortmund were stupid kinda. low clauses and letting players walk away for free, instead of selling big hile they still could, then reinvesting money

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Dortmund were stupid kinda. low clauses and letting players walk away for free, instead of selling big hile they still could, then reinvesting money
Keeping hold of Lewa was the right thing to do though. He's had a good last season with Dortmund.

The point in keepig Worldclass players til their contract runs out, instead of cashing in, is that a team like (let's say) Dortmund might not be able to replace a leaving worldclass player with a new worldclass player, because they either lack money, appeal, or both. So they keep hold on guaranteed quality as long as possible, instead of cashing in and gambling on a new talent that might or might not work out well for them.

An extra season with a Worldclass player in your squad can be well worth missing out on €20m (last year of contract) if you intend to go all the way - this goes for all clubs, not just clubs like Dortmund.

Btw. I still refuse to believe Alex Sandro is playing bad on purpose. Lot's of players went through a few months of bad form without intent. It's not an abnormality. Maybe he knows he's in bad form, and combined with the transfer talk going on (he's reading the newspapers too after all) things are getting to his head. He tries to prove his doubters wrong and tries to force things. Who knows. I haven't given up on him yet.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The point in keepig Worldclass players til their contract runs out, instead of cashing in, is that a team like (let's say) Dortmund might not be able to replace a leaving worldclass player with a new worldclass player, because they either lack money, appeal, or both. So they keep hold on guaranteed quality as long as possible, instead of cashing in and gambling on a new talent that might or might not work out well for them.
It's funny to think that we had 3 more years with Pogba but chose to exchange him for 75% of a Higuain ::lol3::

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)