Alessio Secco (3 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Juventus chief Secco: Buffon staying

Juventus chief Alessio Secco is adamant goalkeeper Gigi Buffon is staying with the club.
Secco said today: "He's a player of Juve and will stay with us over a long time span. Of course, talk from other clubs about him does annoy us, even if everyone is free to dream."
Check the source: Tribalfootball

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Gladstone deal was before Secco's time.

Edit: I like Secco, but i'm not liking how he seemingly has shelved those ideas for a young juventus for the future and instead is creating an experienced (old) team to immediately challenge for the prizes next season.
It is not as square as saying we need to build either a team full of talents for the future or buliding a team full of experienced stars. There is a middle way and that is the road we are taking now.

The team will consist of stars, talents and good players.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

Some ppl have posted a lot of Secco interviews on Youtube :D

Couldn't understand everything, but some of it. He seems fairly determined.

Jul 5, 2005
It is not as square as saying we need to build either a team full of talents for the future or buliding a team full of experienced stars. There is a middle way and that is the road we are taking now.

The team will consist of stars, talents and good players.
If they are talented and good players they will be stars. But also is good to be low-aged if we want to look with more confidence in the future.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Now is his time to shine. If he manages to pick up one or two central defenders on a free (*cough* Metzelder *cough*) and a hard-working midfielder, then he'll have my trust.

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
Juve "dream of Gerrard"

Juventus director Alessio Secco has confirmed Steven Gerrard is a prime target, but warned Liverpool would not release him easily.

The Bianconeri have been heavily linked with the England midfielder for some months, but hit the headlines all over again when Secco and transfer consultant Roberto Bettega were pictured on British soil.

“We have been in London since the day before yesterday, but we are not here to buy,” assured Secco in 'Tuttosport.’

“A club must also look after its rapport with other sides. Gerrard is a phenomenon, but I doubt Liverpool would be so crazy as to sell him. I consider him a dream signing.”

Nonetheless, this would be the right time for Juve to lay the groundwork for a summer bid, as this week the club increased the capital to the tune of £70m – news that was greeted with a round of applause from the squad.

“It is a strong signal from both sides. Those who perhaps had a few doubts on whether to stay or not will now have less, or even none at all,” continued Secco.

“I’m not just referring to Gianluigi Buffon, but also David Trezeguet, Mauro Camoranesi, Alessandro Del Piero, Jonathan Zebina, Pavel Nedved and basically everybody. It is important that our top class players stay and are joined by other great stars that can help us raise the quality of this team.”

However, the sporting director confirmed that Trezeguet is unlikely to change his mind after seven years in Turin.

“We are working on finding a centre-forward up to his standard, even if it is not at all easy to replace someone like David. Our preference, not only for the striker role, is to go for Italian players. Luca Toni will not come, though. He said he’s happy in Florence and we respect his wishes.”

Juventus also need to reinforce their defence after some worrying performances at the back this season and have been linked with Porto’s Brazilian man Pepe.

“Pepe is one of the most talented out there and we like him a lot. Luisao isn’t bad either, but he gives away a few too many free kicks. The advantage there is that we still have to resolve Fabrizio Miccoli’s position with Benfica,” he noted of the Italian international on loan.

“The German path has been blocked off, so Christoph Metzelder and Per Mertesacker are no longer on the agenda. Andrea Barzagli is the best Italian alternative, although Walter Samuel was purely a rumour invented by the Press.”

channel4

So it seems like Trezeguet's departure has been all but confirmed. I hope we get some decent money for him, considering overall poor form this season. If not Toni though, then who? Klose?

Speaking more generally, why does Secco talk so much? I like to know what's going on as much as anyone else does, but surely it can't be strategic on the mercato to let everyone know what Juve is planning.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Maybe feels the need to let the players know what is going on, would have thought that could be done in private though.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Maybe feels the need to let the players know what is going on, would have thought that could be done in private though.
He could told them in private though!
So it seems like Trezeguet's departure has been all but confirmed. I hope we get some decent money for him, considering overall poor form this season. If not Toni though, then who? Klose?

Speaking more generally, why does Secco talk so much? I like to know what's going on as much as anyone else does, but surely it can't be strategic on the mercato to let everyone know what Juve is planning.
:agree: exactly thats not good for our mercato plans. for example trezeguet, i think now we wont get money as if secco didnt say that he is unlikely to stay!!!! :tdown:
I think Secco lacks the needed experience to such a job!

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
He could told them in private though!

:agree: exactly thats not good for our mercato plans. for example trezeguet, i think now we wont get money as if secco didnt say that he is unlikely to stay!!!! :tdown:
I think Secco lacks the needed experience to such a job!

He need to let go his mobile phone(s), and start using Skype immediately :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Hes been getting smarter in his statements and interviews.Keeping almost everything but mentioning some names mybe to divert attention away from the real targets.From that interview there wasn't any mention of Gilberto and he is a target for us.

So am expecting a few surprises from the young "guru" come the summer transfer period.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Dream of Gerrard, yeah, at the momment it would be easier to sign Ronaldinho it seems.

Gerrard, Lampard. All this is saying is that we're going to put in money into the center midfield.
I don't think Gilberto is enough of an improvement to challange for scudetto

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Juventus have insisted that they were only in England this week to negotiate the sale of players this summer.

Top Juve officials Alessio Secco (pictured) and Roberto Bettega travelled to London this week and one of their meetings was with Steve Kutner - who amongst his clients boasts Frank Lampard.

Lampard is now being strongly linked with a move to Juve - who are on course to return to Serie A, after being demoted in the summer.

Lampard's Chelsea future is in doubt, as contract talks appear to have stalled - and Barcelona are known to be keeping a close eye on the situation.

Now Juve are reported to have checked on Lampard's situation with a view to making an offer in the summer.

However, Secco - sporting director with the Bianconeri - insists they held talks with Premiership clubs Bolton, Middlesbrough and Portsmouth, with a view to selling some of their current squad.

"Our mission in England was with the aim to open contacts with medium-small clubs like Middlesbrough, Bolton and Portsmouth," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We want to open a relationship with view to possible sales."

Italian sources claim Fabrizio Miccoli - on loan at Benfica, Marcelo Zalayeta, and Robert Kovac are amongst the players being offered for sale.

Skysports.com
I think Secco is doing a good job so far in creating different news :D

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
If Secco manages to get us a top center back(ex: Pepe, Samuel, Mexès...), center mid(Gerrard, Lampard, Frings, Gilberto...) and a striker to replace Trez(Huntelaar, Toni, Klose...) WITHOUT selling Buffon(he can sell Trez and Camo) then we can call him the real transfer guru. :tup:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If Secco manages to get us a top center back(ex: Pepe, Samuel, Mexès...), center mid(Gerrard, Lampard, Frings, Gilberto...) and a striker to replace Trez(Huntelaar, Toni, Klose...) WITHOUT selling Buffon(he can sell Trez and Camo) then we can call him the real transfer guru. :tup:
mark you have set the bar and the expectations :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)