Alessio Secco (18 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Secco surely, certainly, does NOT choose who we sign. The manager does. And its Secco's job to get the man. So if Ranieri told him, Alonso is too slow, I want Poulsen, go get him...and Ciro told him, D'agostino is my main target but if Udinese want to be obtuse, I would be happy with Melo, and Secco goes out and gets these players. Who is to blame? Secco? Or the managers in question?

He is the engineer of sales and purchases, NOT the instigator.
I also believe that coach must have the final say about the transfer, although i don't know what actually happened in our clubs. But before Secco chose to buy a player, he should ask the coach first.. But again, Secco is the one who has the biggest responsibility in technical area including transfer, coach is the one who responsible in training, tactical on the pitch..

As a director of sport he must offer options when a coach express the player they want. He must identifies which area is a must and other that can be compromise, or which the priority. He must offer technical data about all the player with the characteristics we need, like when we need some full back with pace for attack and defense and can make good cross, he need to have scouting data about a player we need.. After all of that it again depend on his ability to negotiate with the other club that have the player we need.. If we can't get him and that can be compromise we can look for another solution that have some characteristic. Like when we need D'Agostino as regista, and we failed and it can be compromise, we can look for another regista (not a destroyer DM)

For all this i see Secco failed. He can't give the right solution. Yes, Melo is a great player (one hell of DM) but again we don't need him technical wise because we have Momo and Pou as destroyer.. He opted to buy him when he fail to buy D'ago and he choose another type of MC.. You can see although Melo is a better player than CZ, we played better with CZ because CZ and Momo complement each other destroyer and passer. He repeat the same mistake in the past for me, he chose Tiago when Ranieri formation is 4-4-2 and Tiago suit 3-man midfield, he bought Almiron when that time we don't have midfield destroyer, he bought Amauri when we already have Trez that are 2nd top scorer and DP the top scorer in Serie A and we already have IQ as sub striker, we bought Andrade when he just has long time injury history.. Secco definitely not do his job identifies a player suit for us..

And or his achievement to bring WC player for us this season. I don't think it's an achievement. We spend a lot for 2 players we bought. Paid 25 mill Euros that is a buy-out clause for Melo is not an achievement, every sporting director can do that, it didn't need negotiation skill.. And 24.5 mill Euros for Diego is good but i think that is a fair price not a bargain price.. Then he can't even persuade our players like Pou, Tiago to change clubs and get a good price for them. And can't sell a player like Moli, DC to Napoli, and negotiate with Udinese not include Gio and Marchi as a part of a transfer.

So i do agree with only-juve here that Secco is not competence for our club now

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
And or his achievement to bring WC player for us this season. I don't think it's an achievement. We spend a lot for 2 players we bought. Paid 25 mill Euros that is a buy-out clause for Melo is not an achievement, every sporting director can do that, it didn't need negotiation skill.. And 24.5 mill Euros for Diego is good but i think that is a fair price not a bargain price.. Then he can't even persuade our players like Pou, Tiago to change clubs and get a good price for them. And can't sell a player like Moli, DC to Napoli, and negotiate with Udinese not include Gio and Marchi as a part of a transfer.

So i do agree with only-juve here that Secco is not competence for our club now
Secco is selling Giovinco and Marchisio to Udinese? (as a part of a package?) Or are you just trying to make a point? If they are selling them, wow...why?

Sorry I'm not up to date with all the transfers going on.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I think he meant the D'Agostino deal. They wanted Marchisio and Giovinco as part of that deal. One of the many reasons that deal fell through.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
icεmαή;2289680 said:
I think he meant the D'Agostino deal. They wanted Marchisio and Giovinco as part of that deal. One of the many reasons that deal fell through.
That is outrageous. Marchisio and Giovinco are Juventus' future. They better never sell them. Come to think about it, my cousin told me that Juve is selling Giovinco (or Giovinco is leaving or something) and that AC Milan is going to pick him up in January, is that true?

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
I don't know why some of you blame Secco. I think his job is only to buy players Ferrara,Blanc,Gigli asked. I dont think he chooses which players to buy
even so, he don't know how to negotiate. he overpaid for all transfers except for diego oddly.

at least if he saved some money on the transfers we would have extra cash to spend.

Dec 31, 2008
That is outrageous. Marchisio and Giovinco are Juventus' future. They better never sell them. Come to think about it, my cousin told me that Juve is selling Giovinco (or Giovinco is leaving or something) and that AC Milan is going to pick him up in January, is that true?
:lol: best piece of BS rumours

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
even so, he don't know how to negotiate. he overpaid for all transfers except for diego oddly.

at least if he saved some money on the transfers we would have extra cash to spend.
Add to that the fact that we spent around 100 million euros on midfielders yet we totally ignored the defence and we were settled for free-buys cheap alternatives in that position (our defenders both starters and the ones on the bench cost 5 mllions euros !! If that is not a joke i don't know what is it called) and we can see the effects of that decision.

The guy can't negotitate deals properly. It takes ages and ages till we sign a player that we originally targeted (and if he fails, he'll 100% make a wrong decision on the alternative because he's under pressure). There are soo many signs that Secco really is bad at whats he's doing, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to see that.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
icεmαή;2289680 said:

This is exactly what i meant, D'Ago deal fell through because Udinese wants one of Gio or Marchi that time. And Secco can't negotiate the deal without including one of them..

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
I dont know why some of you blame Secco. I think his job is only to buy players Ferrara,Blanc,Gigli asked. I dont think he chooses which players to buy
yes it is his job to choose. When moggi was in charge he was the one who identified the players we needed & got them. robably with a little influence from lippi, capello and anchelotti but he was the main decision maker when it came to transfers

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
http://www.juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_newsseriea_15485A9C65D64B64A69E229E4C3E3B0F.asp

27 December 2009
Secco: «Our Champions won’t go away»

Waiting to go back to work after Christmas vacation, Juventus champions keep on being the news’ focus on newspapers. With January market starting soon, some bianconeri players have been linked to important clubs, especially to foreign ones.

But the news is absolutely false. Sport manager Alessio Secco said: «We are used to read of possible interest in our players from other clubs. Like Buffon or Chiellini, just to mention today examples. I want to assert these are totally fake news and I take the occasion to reaffirm that Juventus won’t give its champions away, that we’ll keep on working to archive our targets».

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)