Alessio Secco speaks...we listen (2 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
@white rabbit

mate considering our position,although we should've got more money but he did well.We sold 4 players to teams out of italy and considering the players, by the time we get to the CL then they wont cause us any problems possibly except for zambro.
The problem with Viera is that Intermerda offered him the best contract and apparently offered us better than barca,and Man U who werent ready to offer that much.

Buy on AliExpress.com

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
mark77 said:
Article on Tuttosport, man what a difference between him and Moggi. :eyebrows:

1. Vieira was sold to Inter realizing a loss but with the player's age, demands and wage(Juve's highest) he was sold.

2. They forced Barca to take Thuram in the Zambrotta deal. Without Thuram(old and high wages) Zambrotta would have gone to...Milan. :shocked: :D

3. He wanted Canna to stay. For the fans he was something special and Juve would have made a sacrifice in keeping him(age+wages).

4. Buffon is staying. He would have gone to Milan but the deal fell off when Abbiati got loaned to Torino. After that, Buffon called Juve and said he wanted to stay. So he's definately staying and if DP stays, Neddy stays and Buffon stays then the rest will want to do so.

5. Lyon's offer for Camo is too low so he should stop thinking about leaving and honor is contract till 2009.

6. Lucarelli...with all respect: We're working to keep Trez and Ibra.

7. We're looking for a young CB but at a good price. Givet is an option.

8. Didn't talk to Moggi after this whole sh*t. He talks to Bettega once in a while. He's a consultant now.
Everything is great except that ibra part.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
he doesn't want,we don't want,his teammates don't want=noone wants him in juve.

even capello doesn't want him in general anymore.
IMAGINE

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Lilianna said:

IMAGINE
So why are we keeping that idiot anyway?I really can't understand it.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Lilianna said:

IMAGINE
to tell you the truth, capello spoiled the brat..

Aug 1, 2006
Unfortunately, so very true :(

You go Secco, you really should reconsider this thing about Ibra, and i think you should find the most reasonable thing to sell him for a decent price, plz do it...

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
DeadCode said:
Unfortunately, so very true :(

You go Secco, you really should reconsider this thing about Ibra, and i think you should find the most reasonable thing to sell him for a decent price, plz do it...
100% true.

Palladino

Jul 24, 2006
about Ibra,

I think our manager will sell him if he bring a good $$$ cuz he is a young and have a good skills, so if we sell him with little money we will be a loser

we should to wait for a good offer then we will say" bye bye Ibra"

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Palladino said:
about Ibra,

I think our manager will sell him if he bring a good $$$ cuz he is a young and have a good skills, so if we sell him with little money we will be a loser

we should to wait for a good offer then we will say" bye bye Ibra"
And what is the good offer?
What if the good offer doesn't come,we would be stuck with the guy that doesn't want to be part of the Juventus.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
Jem83 said:
I'm not so sure about the numbers as they could be a bit off but I agree with everything you say. Most of the players we've offloaded are fairly old and I think Secco has done well in his dealings. I'm delighted that we've reduced our wage bills significantly because, as you say, it's money made for us.
thanx man, and the figure part is the one that i missed but im pretty sure it's around that region

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
white_rabbit said:
you tell me that 19m for zambro and thuram when they performed very well with juve and the national team is equivelant to 16m for nestelrooy while he was out of shape last year , also is not young..... i dont think so.... unless he just wanted to get rid of the wages

as i said ... he can prove that he can nagotiate if he sell Ibra for 28m
1. Thuram is 34 years of age, were you expecting 20 million for him? And he is on a decline, regardless of having a good WC campaign, he is definitely declining.

2. zambrotta is a left back, he would never fetch a trasnfer fee mathcing that of a striker, especially a name like RVN who even after an average season for his standards, is still capable of scoing loads for Real.

3. Keep in mind Zambrotta will be 30 next Feb, therefore he isnt a spring chicken either.

4. The club was in no position to demand more when these players wanted to join leave and join barca. Financially it could have been worse IMO!

5. Other transfers such as Emerson, Cannavaro and Vieira have got rid of high wages also, and the money is well needed to stay out of the red.

6. Work out the average age of the big name players thus far, and you'll realise that the club has done well in terms of money received for them. thuram 34, cannavaro 33 next month, Zambrotta 30 next Feb, Vieira turned 30 in june, Emerson turned 31 earlier this year. These players will not give the club any money in the coming seasons when they leave for peanuts compared to what they are leaving for now.

Secco has done very well in my opinion.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
sateeh said:
@white rabbit

mate considering our position, although we should've got more money but he did well.We sold 4 players to teams out of Italy and considering the players, by the time we get to the CL then they wont cause us any problems possibly except for zambro.
The problem with Viera is that Intermerda offered him the best contract and apparently offered us better than barca,and Man U who weren’t ready to offer that much.
Problems???? do you mean by playing against us.. I haven’t even considered that. even if we did it shouldn’t be a problem

now people will say that im against secco but im not. im convinced that he lacks experience in the transfer market but then again we are in a tough spot and its difficult for us to have an upper hand in negotiation and I believe that in a different circumstances he would have been more patient

@Adrian

is i said hw did a great job of getting rid of the high wages . but i still believe that they could have got a better deal for the players.

maybe im wrong.. specially if the players insisted on which club to join. maybe madrid gave a better offer for zambro but he wanted barca ????

( dont forget that he stated that there will not be any paycuts for the remaining players plus he offered ibra 3.5m per year instead of 1.6m )

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Adrian said:
1. Thuram is 34 years of age, were you expecting 20 million for him? And he is on a decline, regardless of having a good WC campaign, he is definitely declining.

2. zambrotta is a left back, he would never fetch a trasnfer fee mathcing that of a striker, especially a name like RVN who even after an average season for his standards, is still capable of scoing loads for Real.

3. Keep in mind Zambrotta will be 30 next Feb, therefore he isnt a spring chicken either.

4. The club was in no position to demand more when these players wanted to join leave and join barca. Financially it could have been worse IMO!

5. Other transfers such as Emerson, Cannavaro and Vieira have got rid of high wages also, and the money is well needed to stay out of the red.

6. Work out the average age of the big name players thus far, and you'll realise that the club has done well in terms of money received for them. thuram 34, cannavaro 33 next month, Zambrotta 30 next Feb, Vieira turned 30 in june, Emerson turned 31 earlier this year. These players will not give the club any money in the coming seasons when they leave for peanuts compared to what they are leaving for now.

Secco has done very well in my opinion.
agreed:agree:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
white_rabbit said:
Problems???? do you mean by playing against us.. I haven’t even considered that. even if we did it shouldn’t be a problem

now people will say that im against secco but im not. im convinced that he lacks experience in the transfer market but then again we are in a tough spot and its difficult for us to have an upper hand in negotiation and I believe that in a different circumstances he would have been more patient

@Adrian

is i said hw did a great job of getting rid of the high wages . but i still believe that they could have got a better deal for the players.

maybe im wrong.. specially if the players insisted on which club to join. maybe madrid gave a better offer for zambro but he wanted barca ????

( dont forget that he stated that there will not be any paycuts for the remaining players plus he offered ibra 3.5m per year instead of 1.6m )
yeah by playing against us, i know it shouldnt be a problem but it an advantage for us NOT to help the other teams in the same country or mybe league.

I didnt say ur against secco am just saying considering the circumstances, he is doing well.And he is being helped by Bettega so we know there is an experienced head next to him to provide some assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)