Alessio Romagnoli - CB - AC Milan (1 Viewer)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Romagnoli is better then Demiral.
Demiral is also 3 years younger.

I'd rather bet on someone who has upside over someone who probably won't be any better than he currently is.

Besides, I also mentioned that if we're replacing Demiral, I'd rather we replaced him with a more physical CB.

ElApache

Mar 19, 2015
I was very impressed by his performances in the season when they had Bonucci. He truly outperformed Leo.
They say he hasn't been the same since an injury last summer. I looked up stats and it backed it up. He has become super slow and it seems to have affected his confidence and concentration for the worse.

If he can recover then we got ourselves a great Italian defender. If not, then he will be another Rugani.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Swap Brendski with a defender better than Demiral and then go and sell Demiral. Yes, the scenario seems too good to be true.
Sounds like good business for every party involved. Milan gets a better player than Saelemakers, Hauge, Castillejo, and whatever random player they have been trying on the wings. Beranrdeschi gets a much needed change of environment. We release a poor performer, improve our defense, and get money. I guess for Demiral it would depend on which team he joins. Should join Liverpool imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Demiral is also 3 years younger.

I'd rather bet on someone who has upside over someone who probably won't be any better than he currently is.

Besides, I also mentioned that if we're replacing Demiral, I'd rather we replaced him with a more physical CB.
It's a CB that just turned 26. A player before his prime (in theory) that already showed a very high level before this season.

The question of physicality is a good one. He isn't a soft CB like Rugani, well rounded profile like Barzagli. A De Ligt-Romagnoli partnership going forward looks very well rounded. Both can play the ball and both are quite balanced. Maybe their style is too similar?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What if we're selling De Ligt? :scared: :sergio: :wallbang:
we're not. his clause is valid for next summer though.

as for romagnoli, i liked him 2-3 seasons ago as he looked very mature and composed for a young cb. too bad he didn't make any progress ever since, and if the rumors are true, amd milan are really considering to swap him for berna is a good enough indication that we should look elsewhere.

as a swap deal just to balance the books it makes sense though. it's certainly better than a spina-pellegrini kinda swap when we ended up with practically nothing but some amortization. romagnoli is better than rugani, and has different skills to demiral. at least romagnoli can pass.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
we're not. his clause is valid for next summer though.

as for romagnoli, i liked him 2-3 seasons ago as he looked very mature and composed for a young cb. too bad he didn't make any progress ever since, and if the rumors are true, amd milan are really considering to swap him for berna is a good enough indication that we should look elsewhere.

as a swap deal just to balance the books it makes sense though. it's certainly better than a spina-pellegrini kinda swap when we ended up with practically nothing but some amortization. romagnoli is better than rugani, and has different skills to demiral. at least romagnoli can pass.
You have to take into consideration that Milan has issues with renewing his contract as well. So the bad indicator isn't actually the player himself, it's Raiola asking for a big payrise.

It's comparable to our own Dybala case I guess. A player that you would like to keep and have some faith in, but a contract that is running out is a big issue.

Also, as mentioned I above: I'm pretty sure this means Demiral will be sold. Romagnoli will take away a big chunk of playing time, which wasn't the case with Chiellini. If we renew Dragusin, then the easiest one to sell is Demiral. Tici will love this, Berna and Demiral giving some much needed plusvalenza.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You have to take into consideration that Milan has issues with renewing his contract as well. So the bad indicator isn't actually the player himself, it's Raiola asking for a big payrise.

It's comparable to our own Dybala case I guess. A player that you would like to keep and have some faith in, but a contract that is running out is a big issue.

Also, as mentioned I above: I'm pretty sure this means Demiral will be sold. Romagnoli will take away a big chunk of playing time, which wasn't the case with Chiellini. If we renew Dragusin, then the easiest one to sell is Demiral. Tici will love this, Berna and Demiral giving some much needed plusvalenza.
Fuck Tootsie. He shouldn't be here come July. Both he and Bozo should fuck off and take Pirlol and his thesis with them.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

This. Milan would like to, and is trying to, renew Romagnoli, Calhanoglu and Donnarumma. Three key players for them. Raiola has other plans though.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Fuck Tootsie. He shouldn't be here come July. Both he and Bozo should fuck off and take Pirlol and his thesis with them.
You're missing the point here tho. Any DS would do that in this situation. Juve's unsustainable wage bill and dropping revenues forces the club to look for sales, even if doing it for the sake of it - aka - I need a replacement of the sold player right here, right now.

What did they report? 200m in red? It's a borderline disaster, so regardless of who we blame for and what, it needs to be done. The real question is: will the club learn from this or not?

I don't know how much Milan on their end is in red but I guess it's not a small sum either.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Sounds like good business for every party involved. Milan gets a better player than Saelemakers, Hauge, Castillejo, and whatever random player they have been trying on the wings. Beranrdeschi gets a much needed change of environment. We release a poor performer, improve our defense, and get money. I guess for Demiral it would depend on which team he joins. Should join Liverpool imo.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a CB that just turned 26. A player before his prime (in theory) that already showed a very high level before this season.

The question of physicality is a good one. He isn't a soft CB like Rugani, well rounded profile like Barzagli. A De Ligt-Romagnoli partnership going forward looks very well rounded. Both can play the ball and both are quite balanced. Maybe their style is too similar?
I'm really not sure how much he would improve. Maybe if we had a prime Chiellini, then he would have been a good compliment I guess. Besides if Bonucci wasn't still here, then I would've been okay with this move but Bonucci is on a contract until 2024 and probably still has maybe two seasons in him as a starter.
This is why I feel it is better to bet on a young-ish CB like Demiral. I know you guys want to can him asap but I still have hope that he'll come good.
This move would be kinda similar to how we degraded our midfield, replacing physically imposing players with comparitively soft and unathletic midfielders.

- - - Updated - - -

If he's coming as 3rd, 4th backup, then fine I guess.

But I believe he's here to start plenty so I can't say I'm a fan.
He will be behind Bonucci and De Ligt in the pecking order. But I guess he'll still start a lot of games. We could also potentially see the nightmarish CB partnership of Bonucci-Romagnoli in some games, god forbid not in big games.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm really not sure how much he would improve. Maybe if we had a prime Chiellini, then he would have been a good compliment I guess. Besides if Bonucci wasn't still here, then I would've been okay with this move but Bonucci is on a contract until 2024 and probably still has maybe two seasons in him as a starter.
This is why I feel it is better to bet on a young-ish CB like Demiral. I know you guys want to can him asap but I still have hope that he'll come good.
This move would be kinda similar to how we degraded our midfield, replacing physically imposing players with comparitively soft and unathletic midfielders.

- - - Updated - - -

He will be behind Bonucci and De Ligt in the pecking order. But I guess he'll still start a lot of games. We could also potentially see the nightmarish CB partnership of Bonucci-Romagnoli in some games, god forbid not in big games.
I hope we're not seeling De Ligt this or next summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)