Alessandro Matri (6 Viewers)

Nov 17, 2012
Gonna miss that celebration... :(

Thanks Matri! Good luck at that sh!thole of a club, milan!
I don't think we'll ever be able to fully recover from the loss of Federica Nagri though! :(
Oh well, at least it isn't Inter! Simple solution though, get Nargi to dump Mitra Matri and date Quags, problem fixed! :tup:

Well he got that long coveted Milan #9, Pippo turned that thing into a legendary specimen of the modern game. Matri is back at his roots and is worthy of it in that sense, I hope he does well for Milan (except against us!).

:tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

:agree:
Where ever he plays, forza Matri! I've always liked Matri, he seems to have a good temperament and appears to be a decent bloke on and off the pitch. For all of his technical deficiencies I do appreciate that he was very useful to us in the 1st year of his stay here, I'm just that we stupidly, and unnecessarily brought Borriello here, stupidly dropped an in form Matri from the starting lineup (and act by Conte that I think forever shattered Matri's overall confidence here) and really hasn't been the same striker since. Though, I will never forget how he was one of a few you stood up for us during the dark days of Del Neri... Along with Del Piero, Toni, Pepe, Chiellini and Buffon, Matri stood tall and delivered when the chips were down and almost the entire squad was disintegrating around him, I will always remain grateful for his efforts at those times. As for the remainder, although I consider him inferior to Quag in most facets (and particularly after his purple patch), I still value his workmanlike contributions to our 2 scudetti, it would be callous and unfair on my part to express my gratitude for his role in all our recent triumphs to date. Although I am saddened to see him go, I was always hoping he's go before Quag, I really do consider Quag more dependable, more adaptable, more proven and by possessing much greater self-belief, I consider Quag to be more effective in big games and coming off the bench as an impact player. All said and done, we should all show a little respect to Matri, whether we like him or not, I do, and so I appreciate his efforts and wish him well for the future, it's only right and it's entirely justified.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He may not have been the best in the world by any stretch, but he always gave his all and conducted himself excellently while here, never complaining or causing problems even when benched by Borriello. He was an instrumental player in our back-to-back Scudetti, the first of which being perhaps the most significant in the club's history. Thank you, Matri.

:matri:

That being said, we did get a pretty good price for him considering he was 4th choice even though I would have preferred him staying, good work by Marotta.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh SWEET LORD JESUS

:tuttosport:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Me too, this is terrible. Just so sad right now...

Llorente better not flop, cause if he does we'll have no real CF. From a technical standpoint, it's a very poor sale (which is also how Conte sees it, confirmed at today's press conference). I will also miss him as a man, the way I perceived his personality ever since he joined. A fantastic guy, highly sympathetic and a central piece of the comradery within the squad. Was always seen with Pirlo in pics, so I'm sure il professore will miss him alot.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Me too, this is terrible. Just so sad right now...

Llorente better not flop, cause if he does we'll have no real CF. From a technical standpoint, it's a very poor sale (which is also how Conte sees it, confirmed at today's press conference). I will also miss him as a man, the way I perceived his personality ever since he joined. A fantastic guy, highly sympathetic and a central piece of the comradery within the squad. Was always seen with Pirlo in pics, so I'm sure il professore will miss him alot.
What if Llorente explodes and becomes a integral part of the team? Remember Matri was benched by Boriello and the only thing that guys could score was STDs. Even last season there was nothing shown by Conte that suggested that he highly rated Matri or Quag. Both of them were treated like bit part players. You seem to forget that Conte preferred playing Vucinic and Giovinco together for a good part of the season even with the natural CF dusting the benches. Tevez is better than both of them down the middle and if Llorente flops we'll see Tevez play as the CF. Also, Quag had his best time at Juve when he partnered Capitano in his first six months here. So worse case scenario we have Quag and Tevez playing which is at least on par with the Vuci+Giovinco partnership. I'd have been glad if Giovinco was sold, but that was never going to happen. One of Matri and Quag had to go and we sold the one who brought in the most $$$. That said, I'm sorry to see to sad :dule:

People do realise that they can still post pictures of Federica's ass even with Matri gone. It's not like she's leaving the internet :shifty:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What if we sign a youngster as a 5th choice striker that scores just as many goals?

Will people still be heart broken?

Whether a tactical mistake or not..or strengthening a rival or not...you simply just don't pass up 12m for a guy that's already peaked his career.

Time for an upgrade. Nothing wrong with this sale. 12m is a lot and can be used now or in winter.

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore we paid way too much for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)