Alessandro Matri (23 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
How the hell was he treated harshly? Better players came in, its right to sell players who we no longer need.
No it's perfectly okay to sell him now, he wasn't treated well while he was with us, despite better players not arriving. He was benched for the likes of Borriello and Quagliarella FFS.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
What I said. He was having a good season before we decided to bring in Borrigoal, who - despite trolling value - really didn't perform well enough to move Matri out of the way. After that he didn't get a decent run of games.
Do you feel the same about Elia and Krasic ?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
No it's perfectly okay to sell him now, he wasn't treated well while he was with us, despite better players not arriving. He was benched for the likes of Borriello and Quagliarella FFS.
Oh yes, I agree back then he was.

I would've rather we had sold Quag but the offers weren't there as the player was being a fool rejecting them.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Why would I feel the same about two examples which are everything but analogue?
Oh pls.Dont go all sympathetic and defend him just because he's getting sold and not Quagliarella.He dint play because Conte was looking for a different profile of player to lead the attack.Matri dint fit Conte's system.Was quite apparent last season too.Saying he was treated harshly is very silly and unneeded.

He did have a decent brief spell but it was quite clear conte was looking for different qualities.Someone who is good at holdup play which Matri isnt.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
How the hell was he treated harshly? Better players came in, its right to sell players who we no longer need.
Yeah pretty much this.

Thank you Matri for everything you've done for us. I'm thankful to players like Matri and Giacch who won us the first scudetto since calciopoli but we have to move on and so do they. New players are coming in, some have to leave. One thing I won't miss about Matri is his awful first touch which driven me mad a lot of times :D

For 11m it's a very good deal for us. His sale basically fund us Tevez which is unbelievable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)