Alessandro Matri (15 Viewers)

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Regarding everton and norwich's offers, (No offence to everton, sunderland or norwich fans) but since when do players go from Juventus to Norwich?

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, awesome video despite the slightly metrosexual intro. Crossing my fingers you can keep up this volume next season :donedeal:
Oh I will ;)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Talk of Everton and he could be used in a swap for Zuniga with Napoli. I think we're be devaluing Matri if we used him in any deal for Zuniga (an average player in the last year of his contract.)

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
I really dont think he would suit English football.

Quag would be a better fit imo, but i dont want him at Everton either.

Italian footy is my fav, but im not sure the transition from 1 to the other is that easy.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
This is a complete generalisation (and examples may be a bit old) so don't give it too much thought, but i've noticed that when Italian based strikers go to the premier league, they tend to do pretty decently (Vialli, Zola, Henry, Di Canio, Ravanelli etc), and its more the midfielders that seem to suffer (Veron, Aquilani, Behrami).

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
For a club with little money, circa £12 million for a 28 year old striker like Matri, is a massive MASSIVE risk.

Fine for Liverpool, but not for Everton.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
That's why you should give off good words for him to the club.
:D

But I agree that Matri would do better in EPL, as a finisher that is. I mean, it'd be troublesome if they think of him as an Italian SS dribbler :p

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Better as a finisher in the EPL? Do they have bigger goals?:D

One of he or Quag should go. Whichever brings more money needs to head out. I'd rather a youngster fill a slot of one of these two and with their lower wages.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Better as a finisher in the EPL? Do they have bigger goals?:D

One of he or Quag should go. Whichever brings more money needs to head out. I'd rather a youngster fill a slot of one of these two and with their lower wages.
Funny you should say that. For 1 full season, the goal at the Gwladys street at Goodison was a full 1 foot too low!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)