Alessandro Matri (11 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
You all talk like he is Amauri or Iaquinta. 8 goals in 10 starts (12 subs) isn't really all that bad. Yes we all know he isn't the greatest by any means, but I don't get the hate for him.
Which is why I love you dearly, @AFL_ITALIA

Hustini's Amauri-comparisons still make me laugh. Matri is nothing like Amauri. Matri has done a lot for this club, and it's evident for those who are willing to sit down and have a look at the numbers. Not to mention in which games it happened.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Which is why I love you dearly, @<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=15603" target="_blank">AFL_ITALIA</a>

Hustini's Amauri-comparisons still make me laugh. Matri is nothing like Amauri. Matri has done a lot for this club, and it's evident for those who are willing to sit down and have a look at the numbers. Not to mention in which games it happened.
It's ridiculous how quickly people forget, isn't it?

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
You all talk like he is Amauri or Iaquinta. 8 goals in 10 starts (12 subs) isn't really all that bad. Yes we all know he isn't the greatest by any means, but I don't get the hate for him.
Dude there is no hate. It's just that we need more room. For the ambitions that this club has, the likes of Matri and Quag are not good enough.
You like watching him sit on the bench a whole season and yet get a considerable pay check?
Besides we need his sale money for investment, so in a way it will be his last great contribution to this club. :D

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Well...I'm not a fanboy of any player, I'm a Juve fan, so if a good offer comes, to me it won't matter which one is being sold. They're all frustrating in their own way. Selling 2 would be perfect, 1 should stay as a backup though.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's amazing this guy gets any hate whatsoever. What do you people expect him to do if he is on the bench for no fault of his? I don't want to hear that he is on the bench for a reason nonsense, coz by that logic Boriello was ahead of him last season and we know he's better than Borriello. The guy has always kept his mouth shut and done his job whenever it was asked of him, and while I can understand that some maybe sold to raise cash, it is extremely disrespectful to celebrate a possible sale of a player whose market value doesn't come close to the value that he has represented in his time here. Matri may eventually be sold but please avoid any Amauri like comparisons coz he is a country mile above the likes of those mentioned. And to be honest, Matri shouldn't be going anywhere, Giovinco is the one whose exit will hurt us the least.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Yeah but that midget only has 1 year left on his contract, we won't get the right amount of money for him now and we can't force him to sign a new contract and be sold immediately.

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
If Llorente and Tevez are the only forwards we sign, then Matri has to stay. Only pure poacher and prima punta in the squad (besides Llorente) - Quag is the obvious candidate to be sold (Giovinco too).
I understand you logic very well, but we can't forget about skills of these attackers. With our ambitions we can't leave Matri here. We will handle Serie A race with him on the bench, but I we mustn't let this piece of wood run in important Champions League matches. Quag problem is his not rly defined role in the attack, when - how you said - Matri is designed poacher. If only reason to sell Quag (I am not big fan of him) instead of Matri is because it's look better on paper when players have defnined jobs, then it's a problem for me. What worse, he don't realize he is not a star. How many times he tried tricks he completly don't know how to do, how many times he tried dribble 4 or 5 players ahead of him and stoping at first one. And I should also mention his terrible postioning a'la Osvaldo what makes refree whistle becauese it's another offside. Almost everything on that we saw in the match against Bayern. But in this match we were angry about other weakness of Matri - passing. He has the WORST pass succes percentage (67.6) in this season of all our players, just check WhoScored if you don't beliefe me. And in his match against Bayern - glorious 46%. Quag had 75%. We aim better results at CL? Sell this bloody Pinokio.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
soccermagazine.it said:
Alessandro Matri non sarà più un attaccante della Juventus. Il centravanti di Sant’Angelo Lodigiano, infatti, è in procinto di cambiare maglia.

Stando ad informazioni esclusive giunte a Soccermagazine da organi vicino alla dirigenza bianconera, l’ex Cagliari sarebbe già stato ceduto. La notizia non sarebbe ancora arrivata ai grandi media, ma l’attendibilità della fonte, in ogni caso, è certificata, in quanto aveva reso possibile anche l’anticipazione di diversi dettagli dell’affare “Tévez”, tra cui l’assegnazione della maglia numero 10 all’Apache. L’unica certezza che si ha finora, però, è solo che il giocatore non sarà più a disposizione di Conte e non è chiaro quale sia il nuovo club al quale l’abbia destinato la “Vecchia Signora”. Tuttavia, le indiscrezioni parlano di un’alta possibilità che si tratti del Milan piuttosto che della Lazio.
google translate said:
Alessandro Matri will no longer be a Juventus striker . The center of Sant'Angelo Lodi, in fact, is about to change shirt.

According to exclusive information come to Soccermagazine to organs near the Juventus management, the former Cagliari would have already been sold. The news is not yet arrived to the big media, but the reliability of the source, in any case, is certified, as it had made &#8203;&#8203;possible the anticipation of many details of the deal "Tévez" , including the allocation of the mesh all'Apache number 10. The only certainty that we have so far, however, it's just that the player will no longer be available to Conte and it is not clear what the new club to which he intended the "Old Lady." However, the rumors speak of a high possibility that it is the Milan rather than Lazio .
Apparently this site was the first one to report Tevez will get #10, so this Matri story can be true.

Jul 20, 2012
Matri is the type of player like Giach, Padoin, Caceres, and pepe. They dont complain of the game time they receive. Obviously they want more time but that is what makes them so important for Juve. Juve should try to retain Matri. He can score goals and maybe hes not the most skilled or technical, he scores in some very important times and can still score while not getting any game time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)