Alessandro Matri (10 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
A pattern with Conte is that he rewards the striker who scored in the last game no matter what. I therefore expected Gio to get the nod, but it's a damn shame.

Hopefully this comment will blow right back in my face, though, with Gio getting on the scoresheet. But I have my doubts, and I really believe we could've needed Matri's contribution tonight. We need a team player upfront, someone who works hard for the team, moves well and creates space for our other players to score. And considering his current form, I believe he could get on the scoresheet himself.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 2, 2006
A pattern with Conte is that he rewards the striker who scored in the last game no matter what. I therefore expected Gio to get the nod, but it's a damn shame.
Damn shame indeed to have a Marotta in charge. Look at the situation ''Great Man'' put Conte in. Scoring is such an unusual thing for our so-called strikers, so he feels like he has to reward them.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Damn shame indeed to have a Marotta in charge. Look at the situation ''Great Man'' put Conte in. Scoring is such an unusual thing for our so-called strikers, so he feels like he has to reward them.
Don't have any problems with Conte rewarding a striker like that, but the key phrase is "no matter what". I get the feeling that it's all on autopilot: if you score in the last match, you start the next, regardless of how you really played. We all saw how poor Giovinco was apart from the goal-incident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)