Alessandro Matri (76 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Matri has been the overall better player during his time at the club. More decisive too, contributing in some absolutely crucial games.
Lol wut?! Quag's last season and a half was pretty much a write off due to injury, but the half season before that he pretty much carried the attacking line. And was one of our more effective forwards last season, despite facing the same handicap Matri faced. (being lower down the pecking order)

Funny, I recollect his equalizer against Milan coming a bit later than that? Or his assist when we beat Lazio away? Crucial goals against Udinese and Viola when we needed it the most? Assists against Inter away when Marchisio and Vucinic scored? How about even last season, when he popped up out of nowhere against Cagliari to bring home the crucial points or when he settled Inter-Juve, or scored an important winner against Chievo?

Yes, Quag also scored against some of those teams, Chievo and Inter for instance, and I agree that his Chelsea goal was his finest moment, but it's not like Matri didn't contribute in the CL either.

These are just some examples.

Last season, fine, we got the most we could out of Quag, but it's definitely time to sell. Let's just cash in while we can.
sorry bro, but I'd have to say Quag has been more decisive than both Gio and Matri. Has faced more odds than both of them, fighting injury, his way back into the team, and up the ranks while being benched for long periods of the season while Gio was being given chance after chance, and continued to fail.

I don't see how and why it's definitely time to sell Quag. And i don't think the club does either. Simply because he offers them more value than the 8-10m would get them in the mercato at this point in time. Quag is the more adaptable of the two forwards and has proven it.

that's it, I'm just gonna watch whoscored now, fuck games.
I wonder if you'd maintain that comment if the stats were in favour of Matri. But whatever.

I concur, Matri comments are so useless for such a useless player.
Hes not so useless. But he's definitely not as good as Quag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)