Alessandro Matri (19 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We need a backup for Llorente and Matri would be the closest option that we have for that.

He had a good second half of the season and seems willing to sit on the bench at a low cost.

Unless we get a decent offer I would keep him.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
We need a backup for Llorente and Matri would be the closest option that we have for that.

He had a good second half of the season and seems willing to sit on the bench at a low cost.

But Quag scored in the CL against big teams. I can't see Matree, with his technique, doing well in the CL.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
But Quag scored in the CL against big teams. I can't see Matree, with his technique, doing well in the CL.
He scored a few against Celtic in the knockouts.

Neither Matri nor Quag will be a starter and I would rate both at a similar level. However, it is probably a better option to have a like for like backup for Llorente.

One should go and I guess it depends on what offers come in.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

I'd say that Vucinic, when told to play as a genuine centre-forward, probably has as least as much in common with Llorente as Matri.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I like the physical presence of Matri, he wins a lot of headers.

I am not convinced Mirko would offer the same.
Matri would win more headers, but Vucinic would, in general, link the play more.

Ideally Juve would keep Matri for his ability/willingness to stretch defences out with his running off the ball, as none of the other forwards really do that.

Tevez does to some extent, but I think it'd be better for him to be the player profiting from that space being opened rather than being the one doing the thankless running.

Hard to see Matri still being a Juve player at the end of this transfer window, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)