Alessandro Matri (77 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Could you even imagine Matri shushing the fans after he scored his first goal in god knows how long?
Or mouthing off his coach/asst. coach for subbing him?
:sergio:

Please lads, can you not just let this be a nice statement by Matri? Is that possible? So tired of the flaming that goes on here, all of these guys are Juve forwards, and we need all of them if our club is going to bring home some hardware.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:sergio:

Please lads, can you not just let this be a nice statement by Matri? Is that possible? So tired of the flaming that goes on here, all of these guys are Juve forwards, and we need all of them if our club is going to bring home some hardware.
It's hardly a far fetch though, you have Matri who struggled with form and playing time for ages, who was also jeered by the fans. He starts playing better and this is his response. Giovinco on the other hand proceeded to shush the entire Stadium because he scored a goal.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It's hardly a far fetch though, you have Matri who struggled with form and playing time for ages, who was also jeered by the fans. He starts playing better and this is his response. Giovinco on the other hand proceeded to shush the entire Stadium because he scored a goal.
This.

Nothing wrong with pointing this out.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Buddy, everyone is welcome to their own opinion. The point is that it's ridiculously annoying that nearly EVERY thread seems to be inundated with members engaged in these silly little personal fanboy vendettas. Why not just salute a nice gesture by Matri?

Also, I have a feeling that if we scrutinized every action by Matri during the time he was on his duff, we'd probably see a moment or two of frustration that could be blown out of proportion.

Anyway, you're one of the ones saying that the Giovinco bashing is reactive (that type of justification is very silly to me), but here you are initiating some sort of negative engagement. Why not just enjoy the fact that we're in 1st, with one foot in the quarters of the CL?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Being 1st in this stage of the season and being in the quarters of the CL means nothing. We are Juventus, we celebrate when the trophy is in our hands. Until then, my role is to complain.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Matri will be considered world class after this season :D Mark my words, bishes.
:D

Being 1st in this stage of the season and being in the quarters of the CL means nothing. We are Juventus, we celebrate when the trophy is in our hands. Until then, my role is to complain.
Well you do it admirably, sir.

And yeah, I'm glad you've figured out that there's nothing to celebrate until the trophy is won - that's key for people who... you know... play or follow any kind of sports. :p

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Buddy, everyone is welcome to their own opinion. The point is that it's ridiculously annoying that nearly EVERY thread seems to be inundated with members engaged in these silly little personal fanboy vendettas. Why not just salute a nice gesture by Matri?

Also, I have a feeling that if we scrutinized every action by Matri during the time he was on his duff, we'd probably see a moment or two of frustration that could be blown out of proportion.

Anyway, you're one of the ones saying that the Giovinco bashing is reactive (that type of justification is very silly to me), but here you are initiating some sort of negative engagement. Why not just enjoy the fact that we're in 1st, with one foot in the quarters of the CL?
I'm not initiating anything, Matri's comments just seem all that more special in the light of recent happenings at the club. I'm not bashing Giovinco for anything, I didn't even mention him by name. It was a cowardly gesture by him and I'm not pleased with it :)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I'm not initiating anything, Matri's comments just seem all that more special in the light of recent happenings at the club. I'm not bashing Giovinco for anything, I didn't even mention him by name. It was a cowardly gesture by him and I'm not pleased with it :)
Cowardly gesture? Oh, c'mon, NZ. You love the trolling. You didn't mention him by name (YOU coward! :p ) just the specific action he made...

Btw, what are the recent happenings that make this such a special gesture?

Is it Matri finally training hard enough that Conte feels as though he can include him in the first 11 again? :p

I've always supported Matri, that was a joke (even if there's likely some truth in it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)