Alessandro Matri (35 Viewers)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
sell him... he is a striker that needs to start week in week out. or he will lose his confidence and won't score even when the goal is empty.
quag is a better squad player than matri.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Do we have any offers? I don't think we will sell him unless we get an offer of over 20 mil since we just extended his contract. IMO we should sell him for any offer between 15-20 mil, if we dont then its not a complete disaster only IF he is not a starter next season. I hope to have at least 2 players ahead of him in the pecking order (Vucinic/Quag already being one of the two)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The possibility of a sale would arise if we get 18m from Zenit, and negotiate a cheaper buy out for Borriello. In which case, the proceeds from this sale would go to buying a big name like Van Pwrsie or Cavani or Suarez, with Borriello then becoming 4th or 5th place as a sub.

We could then be looking at Vucinic, Quag, Suarez/Cavani/RvP, Destro and Borriello. It's decent but would be a lot more lethal if we had Matri there instead of Borriello. I also feel, our summer budget and transfer listed players anyway have enough worth to contribute to the required big signing. So to keep things simple, let's just send Borriello back, retain Quag, Matri, Vucinic and lets buy a big name and a nice young upcoming talent. As much as I'd love Alex to stay it's pretty obvious the inept crew will not allow it.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Matri sold or not, dead or alive, there is no way we should sign borrifag. Let's not forget we still own Vinny and i would have him back for free rather than sign bori for anything at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)