Alessandro Matri (24 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Not a bad stat for Matri, plus it's "much" easier for attackers to score in Spain than Italy. I remember Vieri was hardly scoring with Juve (scored around 9 goals in a season back then), went to Spain and in his first season there with atletico scored something like 25 goals in 25 games !!

Anyways saying that I can't deny that I'm myself a huguain fan for years now but as Baggio said in his post we should replace players like Pepe first who hardly create anything in our games before replacing a decent attacker like Matri.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Matri tipped to strike back
By Football Italia staff

Pierpaolo Bisoli has defended struggling Juventus striker Alessandro Matri from mounting criticism.

The centre-forward is the club’s top scorer this season with 10 League strikes, but his last came in the 1-1 draw at Milan in late February.

“He’ll soon return to scoring ways,” Bisoli, who briefly bossed the player at Cagliari, told Tutto Juve in an interview.

“When a player joins a big club then they ask a lot from you, they quickly forget the positive things done in the past.

“Matri is having an excellent campaign. He works hard for the team and that may be affecting his composure in front of goal.

“As a result there could be dips in his form, but you can’t doubt the quality of the player. These things happen and Matri remains an important guy for the national team too.”

The Gazzetta dello Sport is today reporting that Matri, who started against Inter, may be benched for Sunday’s tie with Napoli.

Boss Antonio Conte is apparently considering a 3-5-2 formation that could see Mirko Vucinic and Marco Borriello start in attack.

:sergio: No Boriello please.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Screw that, I want to see Del Piero next to Vucinic when I'm there if we're going to opt for a 352, which we probably will, to 'mirror' Napoli.

pati78

Jun 3, 2011
Matri tipped to strike back
By Football Italia staff

Pierpaolo Bisoli has defended struggling Juventus striker Alessandro Matri from mounting criticism.

The centre-forward is the club’s top scorer this season with 10 League strikes, but his last came in the 1-1 draw at Milan in late February.

“He’ll soon return to scoring ways,” Bisoli, who briefly bossed the player at Cagliari, told Tutto Juve in an interview.

“When a player joins a big club then they ask a lot from you, they quickly forget the positive things done in the past.

“Matri is having an excellent campaign. He works hard for the team and that may be affecting his composure in front of goal.

“As a result there could be dips in his form, but you can’t doubt the quality of the player. These things happen and Matri remains an important guy for the national team too.”

The Gazzetta dello Sport is today reporting that Matri, who started against Inter, may be benched for Sunday’s tie with Napoli.

Boss Antonio Conte is apparently considering a 3-5-2 formation that could see Mirko Vucinic and Marco Borriello start in attack.

:sergio: No Boriello please.
Borriello wtf. No Boriello PLEASE MR. CONTE

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Conte needs to forget about borrielo. Is not worth the time wasted on him. Just let him return from where he cam and lets look at other forwards. A simple as that.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Really strange timing to make him sign an extension. It's a good sign though, even though he's been benched, they are showing faith in him. Quag next?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)