Aleksandr Golovin - MC(L) - CSKA Moscow (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I repeat...You can over pay for proven commodities but not risky young players. Anyway the point is when did this guy become an important transfer? Hes not a starter and would probably be our 5th midfielder for most of the year

Also Im pretty sure we payed a little over 20 but maybe im remembering wrong
20+10 bonuses. and bonuses are always easy as fuck to accomplish in ur transfers (winning Sere A, playing certain amount of games, passing CL group etc.)

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I repeat...You can over pay for proven commodities but not risky young players. Anyway the point is when did this guy become an important transfer? Hes not a starter and would probably be our 5th midfielder for most of the year

Also Im pretty sure we payed a little over 20 but maybe im remembering wrong
Players like Golovin should be AN ABSOLUTE PRIORITY IN THIS TRANSFER WINDOW. Our midfield is average, full of old past-it players or unfulfilled promise with Pjanic the only real world class player. Overpaying for players like Pogba and Milinkovic-Savic is fantasy football, so we should obviously turn our heads towards YOUNG, decent priced players which show obvious promise. Golovin seems talented, is young, has handled himself at a fairly high-level and his price is not inflated.

If we can get a player like Milinkovic-Savic or Pogba and keep our best players, sure, but most likely funding a player like that requires sales. Thus I would rather settle for players like Golovin.

Apr 19, 2007
since hes exactly the kind of player our midfield cries for? funny how you dont want us to overpay here but are perfectly happy with Can getting 5M wages and his agent getting a ridiculous fee
I could turn on that on you as well. You dont want a midfielder coming in extremely cheaply and on 5 mil wages but having a guy thats unproven in the russian league making 3 mil and 30 mil transfer fee is perfectly fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Players like Golovin should be AN ABSOLUTE PRIORITY IN THIS TRANSFER WINDOW. Our midfield is average, full of old past-it players or unfulfilled promise with Pjanic the only real world class player. Overpaying for players like Pogba and Milinkovic-Savic is fantasy football, so we should obviously turn our heads towards YOUNG, decent priced players which show obvious promise. Golovin seems talented, is young, has handled himself at a fairly high-level and his price is not inflated.

If we can get a player like Milinkovic-Savic or Pogba and keep our best players, sure, but most likely funding a player like that requires sales. Thus I would rather settle for players like Golovin.
Players like him should be. Paying more than our valuation of him isnt smart business. We already have Can and we are looking at other options in the midfield which is clearly a priority. This guy isnt something we should be bending over for

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If these are genuine offers being reported then clearly there is some desire on the player's part to want to come here, or else the tiny increments would be pointless.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I could turn on that on you as well. You dont want a midfielder coming in extremely cheaply and on 5 mil wages but having a guy thats unproven in the russian league making 3 mil and 30 mil transfer fee is perfectly fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Players like him should be. Paying more than our valuation of him isnt smart business. We already have Can and we are looking at other options in the midfield which is clearly a priority. This guy isnt something we should be bending over for
Any better young players for a better price spring to mind? 25-30mil for promising young mid in todays market doesn't sound like overpaying imo. Usually with Beppe he's haggling over that last million with players like Draxler or Golovin who are completely fairly priced considering the current marker and then go completely apeshet and overspend over 90 mil on Higgy or 40mil on Cancelo.

However, I know our lord and saviour Beppe works in mysterious ways….

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

extremely cheaply :howler:

1st off, CSKA asked for 25M, that was the latest reported fee. so lets say we pay him 3M a year, which would be 24M gross over 4 years + 25M fee, hed cost us 49M. Can gets 5M net, over 4 years that 40M gross. plus the 16M agent fee, so "free" Emre is still more expensive over 4 years than 25M Golovin. even if Golovin is 30M, Can is still more expensive. but youre completely fine with that, while you dont want to "overpay" for "unproven" Golovin. i wonder what your thoughts were on us paying 40M for unproven Dybala, or 25M for Caldara?

and if you paid attention to Golovin, and saw us play last season, youd realize hes exactly the guy we need, which is why this ridiculous 1M offer raising each time they reject us is beyond stupid

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

1st off, CSKA asked for 25M, that was the latest reported fee. so lets say we pay him 3M a year, which would be 24M gross over 4 years + 25M fee, hed cost us 49M. Can gets 5M net, over 4 years that 40M gross. plus the 16M agent fee, so "free" Emre is still more expensive over 4 years than 25M Golovin. even if Golovin is 30M, Can is still more expensive. but youre completely fine with that, while you dont want to "overpay" for "unproven" Golovin. i wonder what your thoughts were on us paying 40M for unproven Dybala, or 25M for Caldara?

and if you paid attention to Golovin, and saw us play last season, youd realize hes exactly the guy we need, which is why this ridiculous 1M offer raising each time they reject us is beyond stupid
Golovin the new obsession? :D Where did SMS go?

Apr 19, 2007

You are right. PLaying in the Russian league is the exact same as playing for Liverpool or in Seria a. I know you hate Can and thats fine but we got him cheaply per his market value.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
we still need a 2nd starter next to Pjanic and Sergej :numnum:

- - - Updated - - -

You are right. PLaying in the Russian league is the exact same as playing for Liverpool or in Seria a. I know you hate Can and thats fine but we got him cheaply per his market value.
thats the best you come up with? :baus:

Apr 19, 2007
we still need a 2nd starter next to Pjanic and Sergej :numnum:

- - - Updated - - -

thats the best you come up with? :baus:
Bro you think that Golovins experience is the same as Dybalas. Thats what you came up with. Yes the entire world outside of you think that Can is a better player than this kid that had a good game. Can is a starter here. Golovin is a player for maybe a year or two down the road

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt perform well in the world cup. We need a hype guy like the premier league teams. I hope we get both of them and think that we can depending on who we sell. Golovin isnt a guy that will lift us next year but is worth the risk if the price is right. SMS is a guy that can lift this team up in the CL. Golovin would be our 5-6 midfielder as things stand now IMO

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Bro you think that Golovins experience is the same as Dybalas. Thats what you came up with. Yes the entire world outside of you think that Can is a better player than this kid that had a good game. Can is a starter here. Golovin is a player for maybe a year or two down the road
bro, i dont think that, have you read what i wrote above?

Dybala by age 22 had 61 games in Serie A and 16 goals. you were Ok with us paying that kind of money for an unproven kid from Palermo, yes or no? meanwhile, we had a buyback clause of 25M for Berardi, who at the time was a year younger that Dybala, while he had scored 31 goals in same number of games. beat him in assists 17 to 10. who did you prefer at the time? and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)