Aleksandar Kolarov - LB - Manchester City (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Loan would be great.

But loan deals are different nowadays. It basically means buying the player, just paying in installments, as loan per se is rather expensive and it's a loss if a club decides to skip the deal. This at least goes for 'bigger' players.

Mar 30, 2006
Loan would be great.

But loan deals are different nowadays. It basically means buying the player, just paying in installments, as loan per se is rather expensive and it's a loss if a club decides to skip the deal. This at least goes for 'bigger' players.
It could be fantastic if it is a loan with option to buy, but no obligation to buy. That way he can be integrated in the team to see if he can return to being one of the best LB in the world like he was at Lazio, without us committing to buy him and put him on a long deal. If he can return to the form he was in at Lazio then obviously he would be a great buy, if not .. then enjoy Manchester and ur giant salary Mr. Kolarov.

I remember how I admired him and Lichtsteiner on the flanks for Lazio so I would be happy to see that 1,2 punch back in Italy but playing for us.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Loan would be great.

In this particular case though, our liability for the loan per se is only 1.5m. With a 5.5m (rumoured) buy back. While you're right, that it's just paying an extra instalment to get a purchase, I'm sure the buying club has to have a clause that protects its interests (for eg. The number of appearances the player will make etc) incase the player fails to live upto billing. For eg. What if we had loaned Isla and not co-owned? I'm pretty sure, Udinese wouldn't have a problem if we didn't buy him out of the loan, purely based on his lack of usage and physical conditioning. I mean stipulations along those lines. It maybe a verbal agreement or an unspoken one that will allow the clubs to sit at the table and take a fair call without ruining trade relations.

- - - Updated - - -

Other sources on TJ say Kolarov is close and is also willing to take a payout to pay at Juve and City have agreed loan terms. This deal however will see light of day when City make a move for another LB. Kolarov will then be released.

My personal favourites in order of preference (based on whose available): 1. Coentrao. 2. Kolarov. 3. Zuniga.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
It could be fantastic if it is a loan with option to buy, but no obligation to buy. That way he can be integrated in the team to see if he can return to being one of the best LB in the world like he was at Lazio, without us committing to buy him and put him on a long deal. If he can return to the form he was in at Lazio then obviously he would be a great buy, if not .. then enjoy Manchester and ur giant salary Mr. Kolarov.

I remember how I admired him and Lichtsteiner on the flanks for Lazio so I would be happy to see that 1,2 punch back in Italy but playing for us.
While we are talking about ex/current Lazio fullbacks, I think a healthy Radu would be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)