Albin Ekdal (67 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I don't think I've seen Tiago perform as well as Ekdal did today, in Italy. Always chasing the balls and was very "box to box" minded, Sneijder was notably frustrated on occasions.

My concern is that he'll just be benched (or put in the reserves) if he returns, while it seems like his time at Siena is helping quite a bit.
yeah, let him stay there for at least one more season so he can gather valuable experience he would not get here ...

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What surprised me was how he matched inter's players physically. He's really athletic- good strength and quick.

I say let him stay the rest of the season at least, no use bringing him back now. Wouldn't help our cause too much and at least he's gaining confidence there.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Well, I guess he has shown that he can show up during the big games which is a great characteristic. He was good against us and now Inter.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
What surprised me was how he matched inter's players physically. He's really athletic- good strength and quick.

I say let him stay the rest of the season at least, no use bringing him back now. Wouldn't help our cause too much and at least he's gaining confidence there.
lord knows he won't do that here with the 1-2 sucker punch of our youth policy in teh first team and our overall performances (or lack there or) lately

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

Good point M.G.. He also doesn't shy going forward with the ball on his feet and has a sense of vision ( not like Xavi or so) but better than our present MC like Poulsen

And the confidence he get by playing match after match in every week this season can help his development.. I hope we won't call him back this January.. We already full of MC and we still have Marrone from Primavera.. Better to call Iago because we need attacking minded midfield who can play also in winger - like the rumor said that we in need for AM and has the idea to loan Foggia and call Lanzafame

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Pieces of an Ekdal interview with Aftonbladet, made after the Inter game:

- I'm surprised over how damn poor Inter were.

- The result is very difficult to swallow. And completely unfair.

- We were better than Inter. They didn't have a single chance in the second half. Sneijder's FK was wrongly awarded too... though I don't want to blame the referee.

What surprised you the most?

- They were really poor and their defence gave away every second pass.

- It's damn fun to have scored my first goal, but I'd rather have won the game.

Was it hard seeing Mourinho celebrate after the game?

- He should be disappointed, they were outplayed by the last-placed team.

Next week, Siena and Ekdal return to San Siro to play Milan.

- I feel I will start in that game. But right now, I'm just really pissed off.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
let him have the rest of the season, its going well for him he is playing every week, bring him back at the end of the season or maybe in the summer.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
There is a bigger interview with Albin in the same newspaper where he talks about a lot of things. A few things:

- He took over one of Ciro Ferrara's apartment after him, his mom and Pessotto went looking for apartments in the beginning.

- He used to go out on the clubs with Sissoko and Trezeguet

- He thinks that the young Italian players are overrated and thinks one of his buddies in the Swedish Allsvenskan is 10 times better than Ariaudo for example. He isn't saying that they are bad, but just that they have the benefit of being Italian and therefor they get overrated.

- He could have joined Bari but his agent told him to choose Siena cuz in Bari the accent is hard to understand and the city is more chaotic then in Siena.

- He wants to come back to Juventus.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
- He thinks that the young Italian players are overrated and thinks one of his buddies in the Swedish Allsvenskan is 10 times better than Ariaudo for example. He isn't saying that they are bad, but just that they have the benefit of being Italian and therefor they get overrated.
The kid is a genius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)