Albin Ekdal (8 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
so time to win back some swedish fans ;)

btw. Is he good??
I'm pretty sure foreign Juve fans know him better then average swedish football fan. He is totally unknown here in Sweden as a player. He has been a little hyped in the media occasionally, but virtually no one knows much about him as a player.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah he can be, the few swedish football experts who seen him say he is quite a top class talent in basic qualities. So even if it may not work out, he wont be just another primavera, but prolly be connected to the A team a bit, or loaned out to a Serie A club.

We will probably see him in emirates cup for the first time.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Even if he's good, if this deal will be accompanied by the return of that idiot Hakayuku to these forums, then I'm against signing him...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Who is that idiot, was he one of the many retarded Zlatanist "juventini"? You are talking about someone on a forum, I had to face them in person all the time in Sweden. And I say that despite being a fan of Zlatan. He attracted retards.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Some media outside Sweden compare him to Zlatan, thats bullshit.

I have seen him play several times. It's hard to compare him with someone. But he plays very mature for his age. He has good passes and is good at defending.

I saw him in a u-21 match between his team and a team from my city. It's was easy to see that he was very talented. He owned the midfield;).

A agent here in Sweden ( don't remember his name) said in a newspaper that Albin Ekdal was on of the most promising talents he ever seen. He also said he has seen C.Ronaldo in a tournement when he was 16, He said the top the talents for him was C.ronaldo,Owen,Ekdal (that he has seen live).

The negative thing about him is that they say he is a overclass snobb that think he is so special.
He is famous in girly magezines for his look, and a magezine here in sweden rated him as Swedens sexiest man.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
At least they took a chance. Who knows, he could turn out to be like Montolivo or on the other hand a Blanchard. Who cares anyway, he cost 0.6m €.

:tup:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If we keep him and Giovinco, would than mean we are willing to adopt a more offensive formation??
That would make this transfer more important than Amauri's!!
Can Akdel play as a winger, Ljungberg like?

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
If we keep him and Giovinco, would than mean we are willing to adopt a more offensive formation??
That would make this transfer more important than Amauri's!!
Can Akdel play as a winger, Ljungberg like?
No... he is not even a typical offensive player. He is more of a two-way midfielder that operates from the centre of the field. I don't see him on the flank, no.
And besides, "keeping" Ekdal in the first team for this season is completely out of the question, imo. He won't be seeing first team football for Juve for at least one year, and he would have to surprise everyone massively in that year to even be considered. I mean, at the point where he is now, I would be surprised if he was a star at Primavera.

BUT! The talent is surely there and he would be further in his career already if he wasn't so unlucky with injuries. Let's hope he makes the most of his talent and that he turns out a great player in a few years.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
It is said by Albin's agent Martin Klette that he is guaranteed to train with the first team but play with the Primavera during his first year at the club. After that year, he is too old for Primavera and it is then that Juve will make the decision to either loan him out or keep him.

Albin will join Juventus pre season at the 4:th of July.

source: http://fotbollskanalen.se/1.472951/2008/05/23/ekdal_skrev_pa_for_juventus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)