Alberto Aquilani (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I like Marchisio, but Aquilani would be great for our midfield.

Giovinco Aquilani Sissoko Camoranesi

Nedved Zanetti Poulsen Marchionni + Sali and Marchisio?

Not to mention trident options or changing the shape of the midfield, which is very doable with players like Aquilani, Nedved and Camo.

This midfield can compete with anyone's.

Besides, we need quality players to carry this team after DP, Nedved, Trez and Camo's era.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
who doesn't like this?? Giovinco Aquilani Sissoko Camoranesi

But what are we going to do with the rest of midfielders? pay them for nothing?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
In Holland rumours are that Roma wants Affelay because Aquilani would be clsoe to joining us, don't know if it is true but who knows.
Source: A PSV fan at my work.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Fact is; if he came, he'll cost us 20 millions... Don't know if that is a wise deal...
As much as i'd love to have him, it would mean to bench one of sissoko or poulsen. It would actually improve our starting IX, but it would make us bench a 10million guy.

Out of logic, it's not completely out of this world. Ranieri always preaches that for every outgoing transfer, we make at least one incoming... Tiago and Almiron are our only CMs and they're on their way out...

I like Aquilani. He may be a little overrated and all, but he's an italian international, and he's considered one of the most promising midfielders in italy, and it would send a clear message to everyone as to what juventus is aiming at; the future of italian football.

Of course, aquilani's arrival would mean that marchisio is going away (on loan) but seriously, i could live with that. I prefer having someone like marchisio ready to get back instead of rotting on the bench (because i don't see him start serie-a or cl games)

Well i don't know. I'm torn between the hype of that italian talent and the little overpriced price-tag on him. If he came as a 'gift' of blanc (or whoever) as some people stated, it would be fabulous... otherwise, i believe the money is not well invested.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
zanetti's out again (he won't play CL-qualification). That means, with Tiago gone, we're left with NO real CM. This is indeed worrying in my opinion. How should we play 'like a chameleon', to say it with the mister's words, if we can't change our central midfield... Aquilani would be my dream-signing, and i'm not giving up yet...

My formation (as posted in another thread):
___________ Amauri ______________
__ Giovinco _________ Camoranesi __
____________ Aquilani _____________
_____ Sissoko ______ Poulsen _______
Molinaro _ Chiellini _ Mellberg _ Grygera

I believe this to be one of the strongest formations we could field with a CM. Zannetti could fill that role too, but he's injury prone, and also a bit more defending than aquilani.

So i'd be all for buying aquilani. It would make our mercato a hell lot better in my opinion. Latest rumours are that it is indeed possible, more information should be available after the CL-games. There are several insiders confirming heavy talks at the moment, some giving it for done, others denying it - as usual. As far as i'm concerned, i'll sit back and wait :)

Aug 7, 2008
zanetti's out again (he won't play CL-qualification). That means, with Tiago gone, we're left with NO real CM. This is indeed worrying in my opinion. How should we play 'like a chameleon', to say it with the mister's words, if we can't change our central midfield... Aquilani would be my dream-signing, and i'm not giving up yet...

I believe this to be one of the strongest formations we could field with a CM. Zannetti could fill that role too, but he's injury prone, and also a bit more defending than aquilani.

So i'd be all for buying aquilani. It would make our mercato a hell lot better in my opinion. Latest rumours are that it is indeed possible, more information should be available after the CL-games. There are several insiders confirming heavy talks at the moment, some giving it for done, others denying it - as usual. As far as i'm concerned, i'll sit back and wait :)
I agree, but wat about the serie a leading scorer del piero?

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
I don't like 4-3-2-1. It reminds me of Ancelotti's Milan failing badly last season and Donadoni's awkward Azzurri. In addition, there's no a classical support-striker spot, so it doesn't suit well Del Piero, who is no more a trequartista or too slow to play as a winger. This formation seems to be "creative", but can turn out to be less effective than Ranieri's typical 4-4-2, being a very similar formation in fact.
Let's see...
________Del Piero_ Amauri _________

You've just exchanged a support striker with a CM, which isn't a remedy for Juventus in my opinion. I'd rather keep Camoranesi in the midfield because he can defend also, instead of buing Aquilani and sacrificing a striker form the starting XI which would diminish our striking force, being crucial for the team last season. However, Aquilani instead of one of Sissoko or Poulsen in 4-4-2 is a good idea.

Aug 7, 2008
that is better... this would work to...
____AMauri_____

________________________Del Piero___
______Giovinco_________________________Camoranesi __

I think that takes up more space in the middle and it gives del piero more options, he can send it up to amauri, send it wide, or have a crack

Aug 7, 2008
that is better,, this would work also....
_________ Amauri__________
_________ Del Piero_________
__Giovinco______________Camoranesi __

This takes up more space in the middle and it gives players like Del Piero more options, send it to Amauri, send wide to camo or gio, or have a shot. and we can work trezegol and iaquinta into the rotation with Del Piero and Amauri

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
well yes. The formation i posted is of course ONE possibility, but with a CM, we actually have way more possibilities, because poulsen and sissoko are pretty much stuck to where they are. And the formation without CM has practically no central midfield. That could be very dangerous, once giovinco and camoranesi get some good defender at their feet. Long balls to the strikers would be the consequence.

And i haven't forgotten Del Piero and Trez of course, but we slowly need to think of the 'after-del piero'. I agree that right now, there's no need for worries, but he's not out of the game. Exchange one of poulsen/sissoko with DP, and we have a 4-4-2. What i like about my initial formation is that in can change on-the-fly, from a 4-3-2-1 to a 4-3-3, depending on where camo and giovinco are moving. Plus, we could take out one of camo/gio and insert another striker, and we could play gio/camo as trequartista...
What i want to say is the same thing i kept saying when we were linked with xabi; a CM gives us more possibilities to completely change our formation with 1 or even without substitution.

By the way, i remember ranieri saying that he wants at least one sub for every position...
Del Piero/Iaquinta
Trez/Amauri
Nedved/Giovinco
Camo/Marchionni
Sissoko/Poulsen
Zanetti/??

Of course, it's useless to predict anything now. I expect tiago to leave, ekdal to play primavera/be loaned out, and marchisio loaned out also. Now we coud argue whether marchisio would meet the requirements more than aquilani, and i must say that i prefer a NT-regular over a U23-bench-player any time... Marchisio is not ready for the big stage in my opinion...

Well, as i said, i hope we'll be told something soon... It's not as impossible as it seemed at the beginning, aquilani doesn't get along with totti, he demands a more important role, a higher salary... but in the end, we'll only know when official statements are made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)