Jul 23, 2008
Don't let Inter get Aquilani
Why Roma always give Inter cheap price for their key players
but make it hard for Juve to buy their players
Chivu only 14 mill Euros, Mancini only 12 mill Euros
and now Aquilani for Adriano??

An exchange for Italian hot prospect with a drunk master
What a bizarre!!

like when Secco sell Ibra for only 26 mil Euros to Inter although there is Madrid and Chelsea
I would prefer to sell Ibra half price to another club than Inter...
I still don't get Secco idea!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Any of you mofos saying we shouldnt get Aquilani if he is available, I am I as sure as I can ever be you mofos will cry blood when you see him being great for Inter or such, and will threaten to kill Secco or cliche crap like that for not getting him.

Sep 1, 2002
The problem here, as with numerous over the last few year, is we all crave something that in football is incredably rare, a traquartista. And when we think of this position we remember Zizou: well he was the player of his generation and we we were lucky to have him, but there hasn't been and won't be another. There are some fine players but oh too few creative midfielders (most shine for just a season or two, think Tiago). To get one is rare and to bring one through the ranks rarer.
Sometimes you have to play the cards available.

Nov 28, 2006
First of all, to get a Traquarista, you need a coach who plays the right formation to field one.

Ranieri likes the 4-4-2 with 2 DM and 2 wingers like capello.
The other formation is the 4-3-3.

With those formations we cannot field a Traquarista.
Which means, Giovinco will play on the wings most of the times, chasing defenders...

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
How is Marchisio compare to Aquilani?
If Roma will lose Aquilani, may be they will search for a new midfield
and i feel if Juve interested in Aquilani, there is possibility that Roma wants Juve include Marchisio as player exchange

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
The problem here, as with numerous over the last few year, is we all crave something that in football is incredably rare, a traquartista. And when we think of this position we remember Zizou: well he was the player of his generation and we we were lucky to have him, but there hasn't been and won't be another. There are some fine players but oh too few creative midfielders (most shine for just a season or two, think Tiago). To get one is rare and to bring one through the ranks rarer.
Sometimes you have to play the cards available.
but there are players with those characterisitcs out there...Diego being a prime example...just depends on what SecCo. have in mind

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Reports suggest that Roma have offered midfield ace Alberto Aquilani a lucrative contract extension.

The homegrown talent has been a target for several of Europe’s top sides, including Arsenal, Juventus and Inter.

Aquilani’s reluctance to sign a new deal has led to frenzied speculation that he could jump ship and regular reports that Juve have him in their sights.

But according to Il Messaggero, the rumours will soon be silenced as the Azzurri man has been won over by the Giallorossi’s show of faith.

Reports suggest that Roma are willing to offer a deal worth just under £2m per season until 2013 and that Aquilani will put pen to paper within the next week.

The 24-year-old rose through Roma’s youth system and has made 88 appearances for the Lupi since making his debut back in 2002.

Channel 4 Football Italia - 31 7 2008

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
apparently he has signed a contract of 2.something million euros per year. Well, at least, we achieved that roma pays heavy (for their standards) for their talent! :) and since roma's salary problem is undoubted, i think that 2 million weigh rather heavy on them and maybe it will influence their signing of a forward (latest rumours say not baptista, not reyes, but cissé - lol).

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
apparently he has signed a contract of 2.something million euros per year. Well, at least, we achieved that roma pays heavy (for their standards) for their talent! :) and since roma's salary problem is undoubted, i think that 2 million weigh rather heavy on them and maybe it will influence their signing of a forward (latest rumours say not baptista, not reyes, but cissé - lol).
but doesn't he already earn 1,6m ? or was that just their latest offer ....

i guess this is the best possible way for us. aquilani can show if he is the player everyone wants him to be and eventually shine with roma ... then some day he will realizie that he wont win anything with roma and by that day we got enough money to buy him

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
the report on channel4 says a contract worth 2 million pounds, so whatever that comes out to in euros i am sure is much more than the 1.5 they were offering which should put his salary right around 2.5 mill that he was asking for right? still shy of the 3.2 that juve offered...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not 2.5, the pound has weakend in correlation to the euro. But yeah, around 2.3m euro per year I would think. And why wouldnt he want to take it, he is earning below 1m, and they only wanted to give him 1.6m or such, while he wanted 2.5m. Reasonable comprimise if true.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not as weak as I thought, but not too strong still.

Any idea what Aquilanis demands were? Maybe he wanted De Rossi type deal (earns 3.5 or 4 I think).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Not as weak as I thought, but not too strong still.

Any idea what Aquilanis demands were? Maybe he wanted De Rossi type deal (earns 3.5 or 4 I think).
I don't know what he asked for.
Personally, i think he wanted at least 2.5m eur but his agent asked for more than 2.5m in order to get the wanted ammount at the end.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
ok, a little update to the aquilani-case. It's not news really but i thought i'd post anyway, because i find it interesting.

I read on vecchiasignora just today, that it has been confirmed (and i believe it because it's been told by a wind-director, sponsor of roma) that aquilani was for sale. Spalletti has no use for him really, because of the alternatives he has in midfield, and spalletti himself was willing to give him away. Aquilani would have joined us, but roma wanted 20million euros (take it or leave it). We turned that offer down as we all know, but it's now confirmed that it wasn't just rumours. Roma actually put a price tag on aquilani...

My personal opinion is that we did the right thing. I'd love to have aquilani, but 20 million is a lot of money, considering that the likes of vdv cost less. 20 million is in the region of ronaldinho, and i think roma are exagerating. Still, it doesn't change aquilani's position in the team. he demanded more playing time, and it doesn't seem he'll get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)