Alberto Aquilani (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So neverending story continues?Aquilani said he would stay if Roma offers him 2.5mln/year but it seems they won't give more then 1.6 :shocked: Media BS?But same problems happened before and they lost many good players.Anyway I still think he's a Romanista and that he's going to stay.

Now,Inter is ready to offer :money: + co-ownership of Adriano for Aquilani.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
So neverending story continues?Aquilani said he would stay if Roma offers him 2.5mln/year but it seems they won't give more then 1.6 :shocked: Media BS?But same problems happened before and they lost many good players.Anyway I still think he's a Romanista and that he's going to stay.

Now,Inter is ready to offer :money: + co-ownership of Adriano for Aquilani.
Good deal for roma......

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i just hope he does not sign a new contract, but i don't want im in juve neither ...

i would like to see how he plays this coming season and if he can stay healthy ... if he does not get injuried until next season and he plays well for roma (and not only as sub) then we could think about him. by this time we will have more money from the champions league and could sign him if marchisio failed for us ...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Unless its silly 30m or so figures, if Aquilani is available, he must really be bought. It would be a big coup for our team. No mistaking it. Chances like this came extremely rarely.

If we dont get him, Inter will for sure, and then you will regret your pragmatic comments of "we dont need him right now, we have Poulsen" etc.
But Aquilani will ruin Marchisio's progress and we don't have the money to spend on such high profile starlets. Fuck this guy we don't need him we have Marchisio and enough creativity already...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I was thinking you were serious, until that last sentence, hehe, well played Andy, your sarcasm doesnt usually fool me.

Nah, rest assured, if he gets put on the market, we WILL go after him. The board has made that clear enough. And heck, they must get atleast ONE player Buffon pimps up :lol: The poor guy has mentionned so many quality players, they should get one just for his mental healths sake.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I was thinking you were serious, until that last sentence, hehe, well played Andy, your sarcasm doesnt usually fool me.

Nah, rest assured, if he gets put on the market, we WILL go after him. The board has made that clear enough. And heck, they must get atleast ONE player Buffon pimps up :lol: The poor guy has mentionned so many quality players, they should get one just for his mental healths sake.
As much as I don't really like Aquilani and think he's vastly overrated, anybody who can add fluidity to our attack is welcome.

Andy, I have a serious question. Do you want creativity to create chances or to play show football?
Juventus will never play show football, or the stuff you despise. For me, it's more about breaking down defenses and actually also becoming more efficient with the ball through midfield. For show football you need creative players in basically every position, we barely have creative players in three positions, so no need to worry about that stuff.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Andy, I have a serious question. Do you want creativity to create chances or to play show football?
No one here wants us to be like Barcelona, Jack, especially not Andy so I really don't get this beef with the two of you's. Screw show football and dancing the samba with the ball, I want a "Mozart" in the center o the pitch. A Zidane or a Pirlo. Someone who you could always give the ball to and you'd know it will find it's way to an attacker with a simple and effective pass. Simply someone to connect the ranks. I'm sick of forcing every attack through Nedved runs or Camo's cross, or worse the dreaded long balls across the whole pitch. We lack a playmaker in the middle for a long time and it's painfuly obvious.

It's all about watching Juve not struggle while we have the ball at our feet and making intelligent passes between defenses. Fuck, had Zidane stayed in Juventus till the end of his career, Trez would be over 200 goals about now. This way we're hardly using his anticiaption and off the ball movement like we should.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
No one here wants us to be like Barcelona, Jack, especially not Andy so I really don't get this beef with the two of you's. Screw show football and dancing the samba with the ball, I want a "Mozart" in the center o the pitch. A Zidane or a Pirlo. Someone who you could always give the ball to and you'd know it will find it's way to an attacker with a simple and effective pass. Simply someone to connect the ranks. I'm sick of forcing every attack through Nedved runs or Camo's cross, or worse the dreaded long balls across the whole pitch. We lack a playmaker in the middle for a long time and it's painfuly obvious.

It's all about watching Juve not struggle while we have the ball at our feet and making intelligent passes between defenses. Fuck, had Zidane stayed in Juventus till the end of his career, Trez would be over 200 goals about now. This way we're hardly using his anticiaption and off the ball movement like we should.
:tup:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

I think its all gradual improvement imo. The squad is not bad in it's current state and we are gradually integrating both Amauri and Giovinco. A lot of faith has been put in both of them especially Gio, but we need to be careful as he is still young and too much pressure could simply break him.

I agree with you that we are not in optimal shape from a creativity point of view but the way we closed off last season and starting this season things look good as the squad has gelled very well. Things are not perfect but they are not that bad. We have exciting youngsters to come who will add a lot to the team.

Andy was joking about Marchisio and Aquilani but for me, i hope he gets a chance and i dont see it happening with Aquilani coming in.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I think its all gradual improvement imo. The squad is not bad in it's current state and we are gradually integrating both Amauri and Giovinco. A lot of faith has been put in both of them especially Gio, but we need to be careful as he is still young and too much pressure could simply break him.

I agree with you that we are not in optimal shape from a creativity point of view but the way we closed off last season and starting this season things look good as the squad has gelled very well. Things are not perfect but they are not that bad. We have exciting youngsters to come who will add a lot to the team.

Andy was joking about Marchisio and Aquilani but for me, i hope he gets a chance and i dont see it happening with Aquilani coming in.
No one said the squad is bad but we're still missing that something we missed ever since Zizou left. I pray to God Giovinco will be the revelation we all want him to be, but I must admit I'm sceptical, mainly because in a 4-4-2 which Ranieri will insist on, there's no place for Giovinco's natural position.

Marchisio? I don't know either...Again with the classic 4-4-2 he has 3 central midfielders ahead of him, include Tiago and that's 4. He's talented but how much playing time he'll get is debatable.

All things considered I believe Aquillani would be the most valuable addition we could have made this year. But we went for Poulsen. Now we have 3 rock solid DMs and still lack that spark in the middle. With Aquilani we would have so much more balance and versatility in the central midfield.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
No one said the squad is bad but we're still missing that something we missed ever since Zizou left. I pray to God Giovinco will be the revelation we all want him to be, but I must admit I'm sceptical, mainly because in a 4-4-2 which Ranieri will insist on, there's no place for Giovinco's natural position.

Marchisio? I don't know either...Again with the classic 4-4-2 he has 3 central midfielders ahead of him, include Tiago and that's 4. He's talented but how much playing time he'll get is debatable.

All things considered I believe Aquillani would be the most valuable addition we could have made this year. But we went for Poulsen. Now we have 3 rock solid DMs and still lack that spark in the middle. With Aquilani we would have so much more balance and versatility in the central midfield.
Many players have been overlooked just because we have Giovinco and we would like to give him all those chances to shine.So its all us fans that hope Giovinco would be the player we expect him to be and the management.

The 442 that Ranieri employs gives a lot of freedom to the attacking midfield players, so even though it looks like they are playing on the wing you would see them playing behind the strikers more often than we expect.

Also i would have thought if the 442 would be an issue for any player it would be for Aquilani. I have never seen him playing in that formation and he always had cover for him in the Azzuri, roma and even the Azzurini (if am not mistaken).

We don't know what are the plans for the midfield players. We don't see anything about Tiago or Almiron or even Marchisio. But i am hoping that he gets the chance to prove himself. One of the positives of calciopoli was that we were going to give those kids a chance more than before. He is a player that i have high hopes for because he a lot of qualities that could compliment this midfield both mentally and technically.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
let aquilani go to inter in exchange for adriano, so he will be benched all the time and see how nice it is when you're all for the money ...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i bet that if aquilani did not do that one rabona everbody remembers against milan only half the members here would want him here...

to speak in youtube-member terms

i would go for giovincos elastico and not aquilanis rabona ...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Woot woot! :drill:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)