Alberto Aquilani (82 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
SKY

"Per volontà della famiglia Sensi, Aquilani è un giocatore incedibile. La Juventus ha provato correttamente a prenderlo, Cobolli Gigli l'ha chiesto ufficialmente a Rosella Sensi, ma il giocatore resterà in giallorosso".

Basically it says the Sensi family consider him untouchable. Juve tried to buy him correctly, Cobolli talked to Rosella but the player will remain with Roma.

bah! They always say that and if he doesn't re-sign with them he'll be gone to Juve or Inter since Roma are their farm team now. :melayyanandmessi:
Juve's Aquilani offer rejected
Sunday 27 July, 2008
Roma have announced that Alberto Aquilani is “not for sale” even though they did receive an offer from Juventus.

For several weeks Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport has reported on the Bianconeri’s interest in the midfielder, but now there is official confirmation.

“Juventus tried to enquire about him in the correct way when Giovanni Cobolli Gigli asked Rosella Sensi, but he’s not going anywhere,” revealed director of sport Daniele Pradé on Sky Italia.

“The Sensi family has made it clear Aquilani is not for sale.”

The Italian international’s contract expires in 2010 and negotiations for an extension have still not reached a conclusion.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
That sucks, ever so slightly. Like you said osman he isn't a complete nessecity but if we don't get him he'll be ripping us a new asshole when he's at inter.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not totally hopeless yet, even sadly I am no counting on us signing him, but its still looks far from him signing a contract with them. The players around him are getting new ones, and with him its a clear stalemate (it doesnt matter saying not for sale if they dont give him a raise).

We are the ONLY club to go for him with extra effort, they might not have much oher options to sell him to for now (we are a rival club, but the other option in Inter arent that tempting to sell to either), or that he appriciates us thinking highly of him and choose us (plus Azzurri players and Chiellini being his best friend).

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
[...]
We are the ONLY club to go for him with extra effort, they might not have much oher options to sell him to for now (we are a rival club, but the other option in Inter arent that tempting to sell to either), or that he appriciates us thinking highly of him and choose us (plus Azzurri players and Chiellini being his best friend).
Well, we gotta be careful with these "best friend"-things and all. We're risking to fall for the goal.com-facts. I heard de rossi was his best friend for example, but i don't even care, i mean it's about money, it's about working, and it's about football. In the end, he won't go where his friends play, but where he gets what he wants. If he only wants money, he'll get to a team which offers that. If he wants 100% playing time, he'll find another team (can WE even provide playing time for him, i don't know really where we can put him). If he wants his Roma, he'll stay where he is and get his freakin contract signed. All this what chiellini or buffon said doesn't mean anything in the end. If Roma don't want to sell, they won't.

We'll see. Roma are looking for a forward, and we all know the forwards a team like roma has to go for don't come cheap. They'll need thoe ~20millions to spend, and i really think that if someone else comes, aquilani will go. And there are a few reasons for that; first of all, the salary roma are paying will be too much for them to stand. If Aquilani even accepts their max-salary, they'll have too many players with this amount, and remember, aquilani is not even a starter for them... Plus, everyone says they have financial securities, but i highly doubt that... Everything we can do is wait and see. As far as i'm concerned, i won't make any bets about him; I don't want to have him at any cost. We're settled in midfield, and he would be a hot prospect to partner with giovinco. If we don't get him for a reasonable price, well then he can stay at roma and keep rotting on the bench with his low salary. If he comes, it will be a nice surprise! That's it.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
at least it if the rumours are true, then we haven't given up on bringing in a quality creative midfielder before the transfer window closes!!

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
We won't get him this season but there's a possibility of next season, I guess we just have to keep him interested untill the time comes when Roma will ultimately be forced into selling him if he keeps rejecting their contract renewals because without this predicament for Roma there isn't the slightest chance of us tabling a bid high enough for Rosella to seriously consider. Keep the rumours happening though, it'll get him thinking of a move more and more

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
at least it if the rumours are true, then we haven't given up on bringing in a quality creative midfielder before the transfer window closes!!
that is all we can hope for:xfinger:

@Rollie-my point was not so much that they were trying to flog him but more the fact that if you were to inquire about,say de rossi,you would be met with a stone wall, roma would be all over the papers saying he was unsaleable and no amount of money could prize him away. if aquilani is really the hot prospect for roma's future i would have expected the same response, the fact that they were willing to even listen to our offer(and perhaps leave the door open for a future transfer) confuses me as surely a player of that quality,with the club in his heart, would be someone to build a team around

mondo1

May 14, 2006
guys just give up we won't sign anyone ... i think we will see that it is a mistake after the first rounds of cl but its too late than... i hope for a good mercato next year :D

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
that is all we can hope for:xfinger:

@Rollie-my point was not so much that they were trying to flog him but more the fact that if you were to inquire about,say de rossi,you would be met with a stone wall, roma would be all over the papers saying he was unsaleable and no amount of money could prize him away. if aquilani is really the hot prospect for roma's future i would have expected the same response, the fact that they were willing to even listen to our offer(and perhaps leave the door open for a future transfer) confuses me as surely a player of that quality,with the club in his heart, would be someone to build a team around
By all accounts, Aquilani isn't nearly as loyal as De Rossi and I think Roma are starting to cotton on to this and if they don't before you know it they will have to sell him purely for economic reasons, I just hope they don't be bitches and continue to feed Inter with superb talents in their final year of their contract

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
guys just give up we won't sign anyone ... i think we will see that it is a mistake after the first rounds of cl but its too late than... i hope for a good mercato next year :D
I'm not talking about this year but rather this time next year will be the real deal when it comes to Aquilani

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
i don't really care if we get aquilani or xabio or vdv next year
i think we need a wc defender now
We've needed a world class defender for 2 years and we haven't got one, I dont think it's gonna happen in the next month before the window shuts

mondo1

May 14, 2006
We've needed a world class defender for 2 years and we haven't got one, I dont think it's gonna happen in the next month before the window shuts
yes u r right
i also don't think that we gonna buy a defender but i don't know why the hell r we just linked with midfielders when we clearly need a defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)