Alberto Aquilani (94 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I cant understand why they wouldnt buy Diego with that kind of money either. Seriously, it'll be a much easier deal. And in this case I dont think either of them come with guarantees. Diego with his Bundesliga experience and Aquilani, who I consider to be highly overrated and overhyped in this forum. I think all things covered, Diego definitely seems like a more exciting prospect. Unfortunately, I dont know if that would clash with Giovinco's interests at Juventus.
well, the reason we're not buying diego is the same why we're not buying messi, aguero, or some other wonderkid. They're not for sale. And that's it. 'Easier to get'??? I think you're dreaming. He has a contract for another 2 or even 3 years, and werder are not even thinking about selling him. And guess what; once they are, there will be other wallets waiting. You have to see it that way; Diego is Brazil's Giovinco (and even more proven). Why would any team want to sell such a prospect. I'm not even sure Diego himself wants to leave, it was a lot of media-talks in that period where he was linked with us.
I agree with you, Diego would be the better player, but they're playing different positions. And we're only being linked with aquilani because he SEEMS (!) unhappy at roma. we won't get either in the end, everyone knows it, and yet they have to write some shit about it. If Real really was interested in him, you can expect prices far OVER 20m. and we all know, if real want a player, they get him.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Nice to see you back here, Pingo. It's more likely Stankovic joining than Aquiliani though, unfortunatly.
you're right, stankovic is more probable. BUT i don't know which one is the better option. Of course, aquilani is younger, he's italian, he's the more technically skilled, he's the more promising, BUT he's also the more expensive (more than double stankovic's price) and the LESS NEEDED. I honestly don't really want stankovic but i think every objective person should see that stankovic's versatility on LM/CM is more needed than aquilani's CM/AM. I mean, we have one CM (Tiago) and we want to get rid of him... says enough about our policy with pure CMs right?!

Aquilani is the better player, but Stankovic is the better deal.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
you're right, stankovic is more probable. BUT i don't know which one is the better option. Of course, aquilani is younger, he's italian, he's the more technically skilled, he's the more promising, BUT he's also the more expensive (more than double stankovic's price) and the LESS NEEDED. I honestly don't really want stankovic but i think every objective person should see that stankovic's versatility on LM/CM is more needed than aquilani's CM/AM. I mean, we have one CM (Tiago) and we want to get rid of him... says enough about our policy with pure CMs right?!

It couldn't have been said better.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006

exactly. it will be hard to see stank in a juve shirt, but i cant deny that he will be useful and he is a good player. and if he does come i will have respect for him as he has been a man and stepped up despite making comments about us.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

I agree, imo stankovic suits our needs perfectly here. Someone who experienced, versatile and a difference maker. Also if we can get the best out of him he can be a very consistent player over the season, someone who we could rely on.

Aquilani is too hot and cold for me, and the injuries should just drop his value.

Erminy

Jul 2, 2008
aquilani is a great player. but, i just dont see why would juve sign another center midfielder. we signed poulsen, ekdal has shown some quality in the role and amrchisio could use the space. Aquilani is defently welcome since i think he will become one of the best in the world but, he is not what juve are most needing.

we could invest that money much better in a central defender , a fullback or a versatile midfielder like shweinstiger or rakitic ( stankovic is not welcomed by me).

shweini would be a dream.

Feb 7, 2007
we must purchase an amc ... with 4 dms already in our squad we are wery defensive .... we need a charismatic amc not like aquilani but perharps like ronaldinho like vdv like diego and more players similar to them

ClassiCo14

Mar 9, 2007
aquilani is a great player. but, i just dont see why would juve sign another center midfielder. we signed poulsen, ekdal has shown some quality in the role and amrchisio could use the space. Aquilani is defently welcome since i think he will become one of the best in the world but, he is not what juve are most needing.

we could invest that money much better in a central defender , a fullback or a versatile midfielder like shweinstiger or rakitic ( stankovic is not welcomed by me).

shweini would be a dream.

Well, the BOARD can see as it this way that we shouldn't loan out Ekdal but let him play in the primavera and give him some chances in the Coppa or against regalating fighting teams in SERIE A..we can then use money for Aquilani or Marchionni as part a the deal to pay less(he has skill and fast but injury is a disease and its all over him) but then that leads to Tiago because now it seems that we will give him a second chance...so that can lead to some confusion but, IF the Aquilani deal goes thru and we use Marchionni as bait that means we might have to look for a WINGER to have at least a player behind Camo..

i see pros and cons with this move...WE buy Aquilani give Roma Marchionni sale Tiago, Ekdal goes to the primavera = a new Winger?(any suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)