Alberto Aquilani (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
considering that roma did not want iaquinta plus money (i assume that offer was real actually, because iaquinta was only confirmed afterwards, and all the hype was coming after that media-thing), I do not even see why he's even taken into consideration. I think it's clear that we're nowhere capable to offer 20 or even 30 millions for a player who does not GUARANTEE immediate impact and success. Roma won't sell him for cheap, that's for sure, and we cannot go beyond 10 or maybe 15 millions. The deal is simply impossible! full stop. Maybe he won't renew and we can talk about it again next year, for a reasonable sum.

Jul 2, 2006
Juventus: 4 mosse per arrivare a Aquilani

09:00 del 23 luglio

Quattro mosse per Aquilani alla Juve:

1. Mutu: il suo acquisto potrebbe indurre la Roma a cedere il centrocampista.
2. Famiglia: John Elkann non si tirerà indietro di fronte alla possibilità di rinforzare ulteriormente la squadra.
3. Tifosi: insoddisfatti del mercato bianconero, preparano una marcia di protesta.
4. Champions: sarà decisivo il passaggio del turno preliminare.

(Tuttosport)

whatever,here is my translation(predict) :D

it's saying Roma need money to get Mutu.John Elkann wants to improve squad.Juventini are angry because of transfers.We need champion players.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
it's interesting how they are willing to get mutu at the risk of loosing aquilani, maybe they think the contract negotiations are a lost cause.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
It's awesome how Tuttosport journalists can invent fresh news about Aquilani day by day and don't repeat any.
agreed. Tuttosport is killing me each and every day. Nothing but shit. I saw a comment on calciomercato once, of someone who took notes about every player tuttosport has linked us with. It's a list of about 80 people i think (in 3 years)

it's interesting how they are willing to get mutu at the risk of loosing aquilani, maybe they think the contract negotiations are a lost cause.
It would be interesting for every other team, but roma's case is different. They supposedly have 300 mio euros of debts, yet they buy new players over and over. It's fishy, but it's reality. I don't know from where they would take the money, but if they sign mutu, i don't think they risk aquilani. Let's get over this.

He'll probably end up at inter after performing well this season... Dacourt, Chivu, Mancini, aaaand.... Aquilani... Moratti's probably blackmailing the romans - One player per season or he'll publish the negative numbers roma has been making for years which he got while wiretapping them

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
well ... all of this news is rumor ?
yes, and pretty much only coming from tuttosport, who want to sell their papers to juventini of course. If you look at it, it's clear that all the 'news' are coming from them. Goal.com and all the others are just copying them (look at their sources). Plus, a normal article stating the FACTS and not the POSSIBILITIES is nowhere to be seen. It's all 'If' and 'maybe' at tuttosport, and it's actually quite impossible. Even more now that it seems mutu is not heading to roma.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juventus Plan €25m Bid For Aquilani

Juventus are ready to launch a €25m bid for Roma star Alberto Aquilani as the old Lady plans one final assault for the midfielder according to Sportmediaset.

The Bianconeri have been after a top-class middle man all summer but they have so far been unable to clinch a deal for their target.

Liverpool’s Xabi Alonso was on Claudio Ranieri’s wish list but his name was soon chalked off after he declared he was happy with life at Anfield.

Aquilani has been the alternative but Juve had previous bids for the Italian international turned down. The Old Lady is now ready to reach a little deeper into her pockets and find €25m which should be enough to convince the Giallorossi to part company with their player.

According to Sportmediaset, Aquilani is earning €900,000 per season at the Olimpico and his contract expires in 2010.

The midiflder is asking for €2.5m a year but Roma are refusing to bow down to the player’s demands leading to speculation he will leave.

Reports around the peninsula claim the Bianconeri are willing to offer Aquilani a mega €3.2m per season package in order to lure him to Turin but first they will need to convince Roma to sell.

goal.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I cant understand why they wouldnt buy Diego with that kind of money either. Seriously, it'll be a much easier deal. And in this case I dont think either of them come with guarantees. Diego with his Bundesliga experience and Aquilani, who I consider to be highly overrated and overhyped in this forum. I think all things covered, Diego definitely seems like a more exciting prospect. Unfortunately, I dont know if that would clash with Giovinco's interests at Juventus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)