Alberto Aquilani (66 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
I think it's more about how Roma see him. If they consider him as valuable as Totti and De Rossi (to my knowledge the only ones who have salaries exceeding the cap). Also how does Aquilani see himself treated in Roma. Finally I don't think there would ever be a major transferwar for him because the teams capable of buying him can be counted in fingers and I seriously don't see ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Barca or Inter buying him (that leaves Milan, Real and us).

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 24, 2006
Report: Juve To Beat Inter To Aquilani

According to Tuttosport, Juventus are set to beat Inter to the signature of Italy international Alberto Aquilani, who is looking increasingly likely to leave Roma following the breakdown of contract talks.

Despite being Roma through-and-through, Aquilani’s chances of leaving the Giallorossi are increasing by the day as talks to renew his current contract, which runs out in 2010, have seemingly hit a point of no return.

The promising youngster, who played for Italy at Euro 2008, has been asking for around €2.5m in wages per year, but the highest Roma have been willing to offer is €1.6m.

Aquilani has attracted the interest of a host of top European clubs, all of whom have promised to meet, and even surpass, his wage demands.

Tuttosport claims that Juventus and Inter are now set for a straight fight for the 24-year-old. The Bianconeri had announced that they would be signing no more outfield players following the capture of Christian Poulsen, but they are prepared to reverse this decision for Aquilani.

Inter, meanwhile, are well known to be in the market for a top class centre midfielder, and are exploring other alternatives given their difficulties in snapping up primary target Frank Lampard.

Juve are being tipped to beat Inter in the race for Aquilani, mainly thanks to the great friendship that the midfielder has with defender Giorgio Chiellini. Aquilani also gets on well with Gianluigi Buffon and Alex Del Piero, who encouraged him to join Juve during the recent Euros.

goal.com

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Again Aquilani in the papers... it's getting boring. I won't ever believe Aquilani will join us... I'll even have my problems believing it when i see it on juventus.com. :)
He won't come. Let's not give in to this shit-reporting. He's a romanista, and he, totti, de rossi, everyone says he will renew... Roma offered something around 1,5 mio per year which is quite a ridiculous offer. He demands something around 2,5 mio, and i'm pretty sure he'll get what he wants. It's all about the wages. Aquilani himself never said anything about leaving. And even IF he wanted to leave... Roma will want way over 20 mio for him, and it would be silly to spend that much on him when we have that many midfielders already and don't plan to play with a CM at all.

May 21, 2008
Again Aquilani in the papers... it's getting boring. I won't ever believe Aquilani will join us... I'll even have my problems believing it when i see it on juventus.com. :)
He won't come. Let's not give in to this shit-reporting. He's a romanista, and he, totti, de rossi, everyone says he will renew... Roma offered something around 1,5 mio per year which is quite a ridiculous offer. He demands something around 2,5 mio, and i'm pretty sure he'll get what he wants. It's all about the wages. Aquilani himself never said anything about leaving. And even IF he wanted to leave... Roma will want way over 20 mio for him, and it would be silly to spend that much on him when we have that many midfielders already and don't plan to play with a CM at all.
i agree with you that he will never leave roma but we can easily give then tiago + cash and that will be good for both

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If he is on the market, we should do everything possible for us to get him. Its that simple. You dont miss out opportunities like this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seedorf >>>>>>>>>>>> Aquillani
They're different players though. I agree, Seedorf's the better player right now, but Aquilani's a lot younger and fits perfectly in our team. The only problem is that he's simply a Romanista. I have to say that's what I like about Roma. Yes, they're all scum, but Totti, De Rossi and Aquilani really love the team they play for and it shows.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
They're different players though. I agree, Seedorf's the better player right now, but Aquilani's a lot younger and fits perfectly in our team. The only problem is that he's simply a Romanista. I have to say that's what I like about Roma. Yes, they're all scum, but Totti, De Rossi and Aquilani really love the team they play for and it shows.
True to that. I wish there were more players like them in the game.

NERKO

Apr 26, 2006
I just hope that's true,but Goal.com write some stupid and funny articles like: ''Van der Vaart is set to join Juve'', same thing for Diego, Quaresma, Veloso, Muntari, and Xabi Alonso. Anybody see one of these player with juve shirt? I don't think so. Anyway, we need some fantasista in our middfield.
FORZA JUVE,BOSNIA and HERZEGOVINA loves you
:flag3:

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
i agree with you that he will never leave roma but we can easily give then tiago + cash and that will be good for both
i highly doubt they'll take a tiago, who was disappointing so far, and who plays pretty much the same position as aquilani. About the same wages... roma would be dumb if they did that. Won't happen. But that would be nice, i agree. Tiago + (max) 8-9mio.

I agree. I envy roma for that. They've come so far that (apart from aquilani) they're players are not even linked with other teams. People just KNOW that totti/de rossi won't ever change team. Aquilani is not yet there i think. He IS a romanista, and he definately loves roma, but if he really was the same as de rossi or totti, he'd have just stated that he doesn't want to change clubs. What he does is using the media to get the salary he wants. Legitimate, but it's something a de rossi or totti would never have done....

Anyway.. Since our 'transfer market is closed' we can easily lay back and see what happens. But don't get your hopes up people. aquilani in a juve shirt is HIGHLY improbable.

As for the seedorf-thing; i think aquilani is the better player. Maybe not at this moment, but in 1 or 2 seasons for sure. Seedorf always was a great player, but i have to say that in the last season(s), one could clearly see that he's not on his peak anymore. Aquilani will be the next best thing i'd say.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I would think it should be mandatory that all of you would choose to sign Aquilani over Seedorf, even if Seedorf is all class. And not only because there is a decade between the players, even that is a hugely important factor.

And regarding Aquilani, even if I like him for sure, I dont know why we are only zoning on him if we want a quality young italian player. Montolivo is just as good, more versatile, dynamic and creative then he is. Not to mention, he isnt a local boy of a big rival of ours. Instead he is Bergamo local who plays for La Viola, and doesnt have any strong link with them except being just another professional player who has been there for a couple of seasons.

And most importantly, Viola as a club is considerably smaller then Roma (even if they are a rival club too, they are less important one), and financially poorer. Meaning Montolivo earns less then 1m, heck non of their players earn 2m even, 1.5m at the most. So enticing him would be way more doable then Aquilani due to all of these factors. Even if he plays in a team with a good project, and he like most of them, adores Prandelli (easy solution, promise him we will eventually get Prandelli ;)).

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Hamsik is better than all of them.
and pirlo is even better. so what?
Doesn't matter anyway because Hamsik is just as much out of reach as Aquilani i'd say.

I like the idea of montolivo, because i think he's a decent player, and underrated so far. BUT he won't come here either, because we'll have to dig deep in our pockets to get him. useless investment, considering we have a tiago, who is very similar. Easiest (and less risky) thing to do is to keep tiago for another year, and then reevaluate all of our possibilities, including xabi, aquilani (maybe he won't have signed either next year, and we can deal with roma on a realistic sum), montolivo, and all those who come to surface next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)