Alberto Aquilani (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
I really think he's got huge potential but I'd prefer Veloso, Lucho, Xabi and Deco as they'd be cheaper then him, but as good or better than him now. As said before we have pretty much the same kind of player in Marchisio who we should give a chance (not saying their on the same level but Marchisio is a bit younger).

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
people still talk of him as a 19 year old with all this promising potential rubbish, well if he was really Italy's next best midfielder, he should have got on with it by now.

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
you know he's older than de rossi and people still talk of him as a 19 year old with all this promising potential rubbish, well if he was really Italy's next best midfielder, he should have got on with it by now.
actually de rossi is almost a year older. but i see your point. he should have gotten past pizarro if he was really that good.

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
whether u all wanna accept it or not THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT AQUILANI. Shit the guy isnt even "young" anymore in present day football context. He is so damn nrmal its not even funny...in fact i would much rather keep Tiago than play with him. and i am not basing my judgement on his miserable Euro showing...apart from a couple long distance shots and 5 yard passes he's really nothing. Really now, how often have u seen him take on a player and create space and chances with any skill? hmmm lets be realistic and honest here...Aquilani (even if he was available) is far from being the solution to our midfield

zann

SG Juventino!
May 30, 2004
man that dudes just not confident. i mean he was thrown into the deep straightaway and its his first major intl competition.
i say his club form is more impt for now to judge him.
:)

for now, Xabi is the better solution for our midfield. and immediate solution. lol.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
whether u all wanna accept it or not THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT AQUILANI. Shit the guy isnt even "young" anymore in present day football context. He is so damn nrmal its not even funny...in fact i would much rather keep Tiago than play with him. and i am not basing my judgement on his miserable Euro showing...apart from a couple long distance shots and 5 yard passes he's really nothing. Really now, how often have u seen him take on a player and create space and chances with any skill? hmmm lets be realistic and honest here...Aquilani (even if he was available) is far from being the solution to our midfield

:lol2:

So is being quite young and Italian not enough to make someone a top player anymore?

Amazing how all the anti-Aquilani folk have only appeared after his average performance v Spain.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Nothing new here. People changing opinions after just 1 game in which all the Italians were below par (except a few) but nobody bothered enough to mention that. Not to mention he nevered played in a big tournament so far and doesn't have any chemistry within the team, barring De Rossi and Perrotta, who played in his unusual position.

Same with Nocerino. As some guy pointed earlier this month (or last month), in Nocerino's thread / 1st page he is the new, improved Gattuso and in 50th page he is the poor man's Blasi.

Usually I am not the type of guy who hypes young players too much and especially young Italians (as the majority do) but Aquiliani is really something special and I hope he will be able to show that. In Juventus he can vastly improve if he was a 1st team starter.

You people (and I don't mean exactly ALL of you) really have a lack of character.....

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
there aree just two downsizes in the Aquilani deal that scares me, first his price if Roma were willing to sell him and he is injuryprone. other than that i just want everyone to watch the Realmadrid Vs Roma match in the Cl he was amazing

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
there aree just two downsizes in the Aquilani deal that scares me, first his price if Roma were willing to sell him and he is injuryprone. other than that i just want everyone to watch the Realmadrid Vs Roma match in the Cl he was amazing
we can't use one match to judge how good or bad a player was, but he did play well in that real madrid match. i still have xabi as my first choice. he's a quality player with a lot more experience than aquilani. and if we get aquilani, what are we telling marchisio who's just 2 years younger?

May 19, 2007
we can't use one match to judge how good or bad a player was, but he did play well in that real madrid match. i still have xabi as my first choice. he's a quality player with a lot more experience than aquilani. and if we get aquilani, what are we telling marchisio who's just 2 years younger?
thats right

we have our own Aquilani, Marchisio

he will be better than AQ in 2 years than AQ is right now

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
:lol2:

So is being quite young and Italian not enough to make someone a top player anymore?

Amazing how all the anti-Aquilani folk have only appeared after his average performance v Spain.
actually i have never been blown away by Aquilani's talent...people look at the guy as if he's young, referring to him as "promising" and whatever...the guy is already 24 for crying out loud. As Isaid...he's grossly normal and nowhere near to the type of player that we need. The Tiago part was just to show how pointless Aquilani's transfer to Juve would be

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We'll have to disagree then.

While Aquilani may have not been great this season, partly due to injury, I fully expect him to become a top class midfielder.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
I would take him 100% over Stankovič...

My foture Juve:
4-3-1-2
Buffon

De Silvestri - Zapata - Chiellini - De Ceglie

Sissoko
Marchisio - Aquilani

Giovinco

Amauri - Forestieri​

PS: Siena is our second club, and Genoa could let him (Forestieri) go if we sell them Palla...He is in co-ownership...

Butt you can go from 4-3-1-2 to 3-4-2-1...

Buffon

De Silvestri - Zapata - Chiellini

Sissoko
Marchisio - Aquilani - De Ceglie

Giovinco - Forestieri

Amauri

Nov 1, 2002
nobody can blame Aquilani for one match spacially against spain because donadoni didnt play him before so he didnt believe in him to give anything extra than his starting 11.

so when he enter him in the spain match is like expecting him to perform better than all or... thats what in Aquilani's head anyway after being snubbed in all the matches then ask him to perform the absent of 2 starting players
he was in full pressure so we cant judge him for it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
For those with short memories, before his injury early on in the season, do you remember the first month and half of the season?

For those doubting his talent as a topclass player, he was easily one of the best players in the league in that period with his form. Scoring great goals and dominating in general. His core abilities is there for everyone to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)