Alberto Aquilani (82 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
I don't know if it has already been pointed out in the Aquilani/Xabi discussion but since, most probably, there will be the fifa-rule for not having more than 5 strangers on the pitch, aquilani might in the end be the better solution. This rule should be active for the 2010 season. We don't know of course which stranger will be in our swuad by then, but it's clear that the price of italian players will be sky high (just look at inter, they'll need to rebuy their whole squad literally).

But of course, this whole discussion is senseless if aquilani himself wants to stay at roma, and with the performance he's bringing in the NT right now, i really doubt roma will fail to convince him
Dont worry, we have enough Italians... and Amauri

David01

Aug 20, 2006
this has been approved by fifa but I doubt the EU will, it goes against their policy of free trade cuz rhis way citizens of EU or in this case players would have restictions where they can play solely based on nationality
EU will never approve

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
As much as it goes into our favour as Inter going to be in big damage while Milan might have problems themselves and we are known to rarely use a non EU player
I hate this rule since I think that every club should do their best to improve their squad and it doesn`t matter how many non EU players they have
NON EU PLAYERS are players that came out of europe not from out of earth!!!
They have 2 legs 2 hands and one head they have great players and bad ones as much as every EU national have

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
6 = 6 players that are eligible to play for the national team of the league

so even if u have a European passport, there will still be problems

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Ok so what it basically means is lets lower the level of football
Or show the right identity of teams.......U can't call a team like Inter an italian team when they have only one italian player that starts their games (sometime not even one)........Best decision ever by uefa (hopefully they'll implement it)......

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Or show the right identity of teams.......U can't call a team like Inter an italian team when they have only one italian player that starts their games (sometime not even one)........Best decision ever by uefa (hopefully they'll implement it)......
Inter is a single case but overall it will weaken the level of football

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ok so what it basically means is lets lower the level of football
its not lowering the level of football its giving italian youth a chance to prove their worth. inter dont do that, milan barely do. i like this idea because teams like real, inter, or even milan will have to change drastically. look at the bundesliga, all teams are 90 to 95 percent german and german players most always stay in germany. they have a great atmosphere.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
its not lowering the level of football its giving italian youth a chance to prove their worth. inter dont do that, milan barely do. i like this idea because teams like real, inter, or even milan will have to change drastically. look at the bundesliga, all teams are 90 to 95 percent german and german players most always stay in germany. they have a great atmosphere.
and they are all also crap

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
and they are all also crap

to an extent i agree with you. yes most german teams dont fair well outside of the bundesliga. I am not saying that 90-95 percent of juve should be italians. I just dont want to end up like inter. Bayern has a lot of germans in their squad and they are good as well. They are just far superior in terms of financial power in germany. It is nice seeing young italians blossoming just like aquilani has and soon giovinco. I would hate to see us bring in a foreign attacking mid and have giovinco warming the bench b/c he isnt a national team player yet. Italian clubs wait too long to get their youth started. I dont know, Italy did win the world cup so maybe I am completely wrong.

anyways, Juve has been better w/ incorporating their own youth projects, so whomever we decide between xabi or aquilani does not matter to me. Each would bring their quality to the team, I would be excited either way. I still prefer diego in any case:weee:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:D

He will either want more money, or more money spent on the team.

Just normal stuff to say when negotiating a new contract.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
thats absolutely not true, i just did a short research and i got to the conclusion that the qoute of foreigners in the german leaque is 49,5%.
are you looking at the first division? i dont know if i said it but i mean starting 11. good research if you are right...touché...i guess i will have to admit defeat:frown:

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
there are exactly 260 foreigners in the Bundesliga which makes a percentage of 49,4%
Serie A has 213 foreigners which is 38,6 %
La Liga: 194 (33,7 %)
EPL 396: (62,0 %)

Just for the info
[/OFFTOPIC]

Now can we please get aquilani! :) (just dreamin'...... i'd love to hear some sort of statement though; either aquilani saying he's a true romanista, or juve saying that they're after him or not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)