Alberto Aquilani (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Aquilani would be the perfect signing for us. He's young, has Serie A experience while playing for a top team, but I'd rather take the risk and pay 18m E for Xabi Alonso. It's better than spend all our transfer budget on Aquilani.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Aquilani would be the perfect signing for us. He's young, has Serie A experience while playing for a top team, but I'd rather take the risk and pay 18m E for Xabi Alonso. It's better than spend all our transfer budget on Aquilani.
I'd see if and how aquilani himself is interested in joining our project. If he plays his roma-fanboy (which would be understandable, with all due respect), he can stay where he is! But if there's a chance to convince him of our ambitions, i'd splash A LOT of cash for him. He's a great player, and above all very young and serie-a proven. The Italy-game has shown again what he's worth. I'd keep some cash for maybe another LB, all the remaining positions are ok. I'd give all the rest for aquilani, even iaquinta! A gio-aquilani-camo midfield with sisso behind would be like a dream!

it all depends on aquilani's will, and tbh, out of his recent interviews, i don't see a totti/de rossi - like roma fanboy there. He states that he has a contract and so on, but i don't see it that impossible

Jul 24, 2006
no disrespect fellas but did you actually ever see tacchi play when he was aquilani's age?

before zidane came and our system changed he was quite a promising player, an international etc. not the immobile hack he became in later years..

obv every player comparison is dubious I grant you that ;-)

my point is xabi is more of a true playmaker in comparison to aquilani.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
no disrespect fellas but did you actually ever see tacchi play when he was aquilani's age?

before zidane came and our system changed he was quite a promising player, an international etc. not the immobile hack he became in later years..

obv every player comparison is dubious I grant you that ;-)

my point is xabi is more of a true playmaker in comparison to aquilani.
I agree Tacchinardi was very promising BUT I ALSO DISAGREE as you can`t seriously compare the two of them Tacchinardi is defensive minded and Aquilani is attacking minded

Aquilani is a lot better than the "young Tacchinardi" in everything except for defending!
Aquilani has great passes some wicked shots he is a great team player he is bound to be world class
as for Tacchinardi he was very promising but he always lacked something
I always liked him and thought he was underated but he is no near Aquilani

By the way the "better passing" thing could be the difference between a medicore player to a great one as passing is one of the most important things especially for an attacking minded midfielder

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I agree Tacchinardi was very promising BUT I ALSO DISAGREE as you can`t seriously compare the two of them Tacchinardi is defensive minded and Aquilani is attacking minded

Aquilani is a lot better than the "young Tacchinardi" in everything except for defending!
Aquilani has great passes some wicked shots he is a great team player he is bound to be world class
as for Tacchinardi he was very promising but he always lacked something
I always liked him and thought he was underated but he is no near Aquilani

By the way the "better passing" thing could be the difference between a medicore player to a great one as passing is one of the most important things especially for an attacking minded midfielder
Exactly, and yes i've seen the young tacchinardi and he's no way as good as aquilani sorry but thats what i think of him.......

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
according to tuttosport Aquilani has given Roma an ultimatium.
But then again its just tuttosport so it could be complete BS

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I don't know if it has already been pointed out in the Aquilani/Xabi discussion but since, most probably, there will be the fifa-rule for not having more than 5 strangers on the pitch, aquilani might in the end be the better solution. This rule should be active for the 2010 season. We don't know of course which stranger will be in our swuad by then, but it's clear that the price of italian players will be sky high (just look at inter, they'll need to rebuy their whole squad literally).

But of course, this whole discussion is senseless if aquilani himself wants to stay at roma, and with the performance he's bringing in the NT right now, i really doubt roma will fail to convince him

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I don't know if it has already been pointed out in the Aquilani/Xabi discussion but since, most probably, there will be the fifa-rule for not having more than 5 strangers on the pitch, aquilani might in the end be the better solution. This rule should be active for the 2010 season. We don't know of course which stranger will be in our swuad by then, but it's clear that the price of italian players will be sky high (just look at inter, they'll need to rebuy their whole squad literally).

But of course, this whole discussion is senseless if aquilani himself wants to stay at roma, and with the performance he's bringing in the NT right now, i really doubt roma will fail to convince him
1 - The new ruling has not yet been approved by UEFA
2 - It would take effect in the 2012/2013 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)