Alberto Aquilani (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #441
    Iaquinta isnt that old though.I think we should wait till the Amauri deal gets concluded before we decide on Amauri's future.If we get Amauri,then it would be better for us,and for his own carrer,that he leaves Juventus.Regardless of wether we end up with Aquilani or not,i think Iaquinta should be sold when we sign Amauri.He's not really a first team regular right now,and the addition of a new striker would mean that he drops further down the pecking order.I love Iaquinta and the energy he gave us this season,but Amauri owns him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Durden

May 11, 2006
    Maybe Roma hate Inter more right now and that could mean we could sneak a deal through without them going to beserk. I dont know how highly they rate Aquilani in Rome but I see him as a player with a great future and I really hope we have a chance of getting him. And although I have becomed a fan of Iaquinta, I would still see it as a great move if we could trade him plus some cash for Aquilani.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    i see your point, and you're really pointed out what could go wrong. Well done; It's a gamble really - Will aquilani develop the way everyone wants him to? Will palladino finally grow (player-wise)? Will roma accept a deal to give away aquilani? Is iaquinta really not worth holding on to? I can't really give yes or no answers here...

You're right with the deco-thing, but i'm kind of worried if we're really pointing at him, what will happen next. It's clear that deco is a great player, but he's just that tiny bit too old imo. If i'm not wrong he's 30, and with amauri already coming, i'd prefer someone fresh, promising and serie-a-proven. But you're right; the deco-deal would involve MUCH less risks. Surely the better solution in short-term.

What needs to be considered too is that IF aquilani will move away from roma, then NOW. I don't see him leaving afterwards, when he's got his fixed place inside the squad. The only hope i have to get him is that Roma's system does not suit him. That would be the only explanation i have why he's playing so little time, and why he would maybe want to be transferred. Anyone else maybe knows why aquilani had this arguments with totti on the pitch, or why he's so unhappy (or is said to be)

I think Roma definately need someone like iaquinta. Let's not underestimate them, by giving them iaquinta, we surely strengthen them too, it's not only us who would profit there...

As for Lampard and Diego... i've given up on them really. Diego really is getting out of our reach, he'll stay in Werder, i'm pretty sure of that. As for lampard, i think we simply can't afford him. There is once again the problem of his salary...

I think a CM should be first priority, with giovinco coming up, neddy having signed for another year, and camo/marchionni on the right, we're pretty settled on the wings. A CM/AM just like deco or aquilani would really be what we need in midfield. By the way, i'd keep tiago too. It can't be wrong to have a backup because with noce probably leaving, we definately need some depth there. Anyway, a CM should be ready for next season, there needs to be someone sissoko can pass the ball to :)
    Exactly what i had in mind!!

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    none of them will be 4th choice. Iaquinta, Amauri and Trez all have had injury issues in the past. That will mean all of them get plenty of playing time.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    none of them will be 4th choice. Iaquinta, Amauri and Trez all have had injury issues in the past. That will mean all of them get plenty of playing time.
    That isnt really a safe assumption, what if they were lucky with injuries??

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)