Alberto Aquilani (81 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Fred, the reason why i said Aquilani is preferred is mainly due to the fact he tends to play more in the important games.. I dont have any statistics but i'm pretty sure of this if i remember correctly
i kind of agree with what your saying here.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fred, the reason why i said Aquilani is preferred is mainly due to the fact he tends to play more in the important games.. I dont have any statistics but i'm pretty sure of this if i remember correctly
Well we'll see about that in the CL against Manure, if Aquilani does really play ahead of Pizarro, i will admit i'm wrong ;)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
the last game against Milan? the first game against Madrid? Last seasons two games against Man Utd, thats all i remember tbh, but when both are fit, Pizarro is still first choice. Come next week, i'm willing to bet that Pizarro will play ahead of Aquilani in the CL.
deal:p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
the last game against Milan? the first game against Madrid? Last seasons two games against Man Utd, thats all i remember tbh, but when both are fit, Pizarro is still first choice. Come next week, i'm willing to bet that Pizarro will play ahead of Aquilani in the CL.
Spalletti is rotating two of them but not just because Pizarro is better it`s because there are some matches where Aquilani can`t do Pizarro`s job.To slow down a game and adds more creativity.
Like I said.

But I don`t remember if Aquilani was fit back then.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
:tup:

Too bad he`s sort of injury prone.
Yes, that's been his biggest problem. He would've been even better today, if he hadn't missed so much of this and last season.

the last game against Milan?
Same week as the Madrid game, where Aquilani started.

the first game against Madrid?
The second game against Madrid? :p

Last seasons two games against Man Utd, thats all i remember tbh, but when both are fit, Pizarro is still first choice.
That was last season ;). If I remember correctly, Aquilani missed even more of last season due to an injury. I think he was out for a really long time. When both are fully fit, Pizarro as a player has nothing on Aquilani.

Come next week, i'm willing to bet that Pizarro will play ahead of Aquilani in the CL.
I don't think so, it would be a BIG mistake though. Pizarro is a nice player, but Aquilani is something special. Aquilani will make an immediate impact, whereas Pizarro is just another link in Spaletti's system. A lot will depend on how Spalleti sees his chances of getting the scudetto and wether to concentrate on either the CL or scudetto.

I do reckon Spaletti is being more protective of Aquilani recently, wants to prevent from him being out for a longtime yet again and thus exposes him less.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Bah, comparing Pizarro and Aquilani is like comparing Marchionni to Camoranesi. And there were plenty of fools on here who thought Marchionni would replace Camo.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That was last season ;). If I remember correctly, Aquilani missed even more of last season due to an injury. I think he was out for a really long time. When both are fully fit, Pizarro as a player has nothing on Aquilani.
True.

The matches this February against Juve and Inter ? :D
Aquilani came as a sub for Pizarro in both these matches.
Aquilani was injured for few months.He lacked fitness.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Bah, comparing Pizarro and Aquilani is like comparing Marchionni to Camoranesi. And there were plenty of fools on here who thought Marchionni would replace Camo.
Nah, this is a big underestimation of Pizarro.
The only things Pizarro has on Aquilani atm are experience, decission making and vision (the Chilean is imo #1 in serie A if we talk about this aspect of the game. He always knows where all 10 players from his team are on the pitch, that's why he's always among top 3 assisters in the league) but Aquilani is the better player overall, on this i agree.
Still, at this moment at least, the difference isn't as big as you make it look.

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
Mar 5, 2006
Somehow i still find Aquilani a gamble. Taking into consideration our rivalry with Roma he will not come cheap. And with that amount of money I'd seriously much prefer Diego. What we are lacking currently is someone who can make a difference. In short a player who can rise to the occasion, save our ass and bring us some trophies. I'm talking about a future Ballon D' Or winner or perhaps a Fifa Player Of The Year. We definitely need one. Nedved and Del Piero are no longer at that state. Buffon is a goalie. Every champion needs a player that can single handedly turn the tables around.
If we are losing 2-0 to whoever. I dont see Aquilani being the one who would rise to the occasion and help us score 3 goals. Gerrard, Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka are all in different teams whom are capable of "brilliant football". Thats what we need.
Even if Aquilani is good, his injuries still worry me. I hope he's not another Tudor we are talking about. Afterall i used to like Tudor very much but we cant afford such fragile glass to be in our first team squad

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Pizarro always has many assists per season but sometimes it takes too much for Pizarro to make a decision in middle and he looks confident like no one can take the ball from him and this costs Roma points.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Nah, this is a big underestimation of Pizarro.
The only things Pizarro has on Aquilani atm are experience, decission making and vision (the Chilean is imo #1 in serie A if we talk about this aspect of the game. He always knows where all 10 players from his team are on the pitch, that's why he's always among top 3 assisters in the league) but Aquilani is the better player overall, on this i agree.
Still, at this moment at least, the difference isn't as big as you make it look.
Making a point sometimes has to go at the expense of nuance. At the moment the difference between Pizarro and Aquilani isnt that big, because as you point Pizarro has a certain maturity in his game that Aquilani hasnt' yet(which is also a big difference between De Rossi and Aquilani's game right now), but talentwise Aquilani wins it.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
IMO aquilani is pretty overrated and injury-prone. Also he is a true Romanista, so it's not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)