Alberto Aquilani (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I have not exactly followed Aquilani's game all over this season but i have notice that he does not start all of Roma's game..it seems as if Pizzaro is the first choice ahead of him. But a madrid midfield of Diara and Gago is easy to be over run by anyone,true test will lie against the Man U midfield with Anderson hunting him around. I remember a certain Ranieri interview where he mentioned the 3 most interesting players to him is Sissoko,Aquilani and Diego where he mentioned this 3 is world class. We alredy have one and we are heavily linked with the other two,can Secco pull this off?

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I have not exactly followed Aquilani's game all over this season but i have notice that he does not start all of Roma's game..it seems as if Pizzaro is the first choice ahead of him. But a madrid midfield of Diara and Gago is easy to be over run by anyone,true test will lie against the Man U midfield with Anderson hunting him around. I remember a certain Ranieri interview where he mentioned the 3 most interesting players to him is Sissoko,Aquilani and Diego where he mentioned this 3 is world class. We alredy have one and we are heavily linked with the other two,can Secco pull this off?
I very much doubt it:disagree:

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
don't think both aquilani and diego will arrive. We'd need A LOT OF MONEY for those 2. I'd be happy with either one of those though. very difficult for those two...

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I'd go for Aquilani cos it would allow us to play with attacking wingers without being defensively short in Ranieri's preferred 4-4-2 but in saying this in no way is Aquilani superior to Diego, quite the opposite in fact.. But still there both wondeful players that if we go after will cost us way 2 much

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
we would have to go with the cheaper option remember we still need defenders, although aquilani wont solve our creativity problems. giovinco might

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
we would have to go with the cheaper option remember we still need defenders, although aquilani wont solve our creativity problems. giovinco might
ofcourse the big issue will be the cost involved.. i see plenty of creativty in a midfield consisting of Camo-Sissoko-Aquilani-Giovinco which TBH i think is the more than adequate in terms of everything that should be present in midfield

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
TBH he's been dominant all year, i was suprised at how easy it was for him against Real Madrid but unfortunately it's all just a mere dream
I strongly disagree, he has been inconsistent this season, he's in a good patch of form lately, but overall Pizarro has been the more consistent performer.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I strongly disagree, he has been inconsistent this season, he's in a good patch of form lately, but overall Pizarro has been the more consistent performer.
He started the season all guns blazing and was great untill he picked up his injury, since he comeback i agree he hasnt been too consitant but now he's had an extended run without injury he is back to his form at the beginning of the season which is great

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Not really true.

He wasn`t inconsistent.Aquilani was better so far but the thing is that he was injured a lot.
He had a good start to the season before his injury, ever since his comeback, he has been way too inconsistent, not only this season, even last season, he's second choice to Pizarro for a reason, and rightfully so imo.

He started the season all guns blazing and was great untill he picked up his injury, since he comeback i agree he hasnt been too consitant but now he's had an extended run without injury he is back to his form at the beginning of the season which is great
That i agree with :agree:

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
He had a good start to the season before his injury, ever since his comeback, he has been way too inconsistent, not only this season, even last season, he's second choice to Pizarro for a reason, and rightfully so imo.

That i agree with :agree:
I don't think he's second choice to Pizzarro, Spaletti may prefer to play Pizzarro in some instances as they offer different characteristics but in general i think Aquilani is Spaletti's preferred choice

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
He was good but then got injured.Few matches when came back was not that good but you can`t say he was inconsistent because of that.He lacked fitness and he got it now and already started to play much better.

Spalletti is rotating two of them but not just because Pizarro is better it`s because there are some matches where Aquilani can`t do Pizarro`s job.To slow down a game and adds more creativity.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't think he's second choice to Pizzarro, Spaletti may prefer to play Pizzarro in some instances as they offer different characteristics but in general i think Aquilani is Spaletti's preferred choice
I'm pretty sure Pizarro - De Rossi is the preferred duo to Spaletti, i will check to see if theres any statistics to back up my argument, but from what i've seen, Pizarro has always been favored.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
No, Aquilani is nr1 choise. They've just had many matches this season, Pizarro loves to whine and Aquilani missed a big part of the season due to injury. Come every important game and it's Aquilani that plays, not Pizarro.

Aquilani destroyed Madrid, and it wasn't a special performance at all compared to his usual standard.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No, Aquilani is nr1 choise. They've just had many matches this season, Pizarro loves to whine and Aquilani missed a big part of the season due to injury. Come every important game and it's Aquilani that plays, not Pizarro.
the last game against Milan? the first game against Madrid? Last seasons two games against Man Utd, thats all i remember tbh, but when both are fit, Pizarro is still first choice. Come next week, i'm willing to bet that Pizarro will play ahead of Aquilani in the CL.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Aquilani destroyed Madrid, and it wasn't a special performance at all compared to his usual standard.
:tup:

Too bad he`s sort of injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)