Alberto Aquilani (44 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
lets see how marchisio works out.
Even if we were to purchase a top class CM next year, i think Marchisio would get sufficient playing time provided he be first choice back up.. In my view, the juventus base formation will be with a 3 man midfield which would allow Marchisio far greater playing time.. TBH, I think geniune wingers are a dying breed as most are more comfortable as wing backs or playing wide in a trident these days

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yes, but then you'd have no left flank. Either way, it would not work.
so what? most italian teams play without wingers, i think he was referring to juve playing a diamond formation without wingers, but then of course you'd need your fullbacks to provide the width. Molinaro and Zebina arent those type of fullbacks, so imo it wont work.

May 4, 2004
I we get Aquilani, Ranieri will start his 4-4-2..

And then when we have the ball and are attacking our
midfield will look like this and this in times..
------- Sissoko - Aquilani
Camo ------------------------Giovinco

or

Giovinco just under the strikers..

etc.........

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
so what? most italian teams play without wingers, i think he was referring to juve playing a diamond formation without wingers, but then of course you'd need your fullbacks to provide the width. Molinaro and Zebina arent those type of fullbacks, so imo it wont work.
I think a formation without wingers is an attractive option for us next year, it'll sure give Giovinco every oppurtunity to shine and in any case i hope we have competent fullbacks (not Molinaro) who'll provide that width we so much need

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Inter doesn't play with wingers so why should we? :)
But Inter have two very good and attacking fullbacks in Maicon and Maxwell to provide the width.

so what? most italian teams play without wingers, i think he was referring to juve playing a diamond formation without wingers,
Not in the traditional sense perhaps, but most teams that play without wingplay often find themselves in trouble creating chances in tight games.

but then of course you'd need your fullbacks to provide the width. Molinaro and Zebina arent those type of fullbacks, so imo it wont work.
Exactly.

About Aquilani, this type of player needs to be in the centre of things to be effective. He's the kind of player that's the axis of his team, He sends the wingers into space, he spreads the play, but this can only be done if there are actually wide men to spread the play to. Sticking Aquilani even somewhat on the left inhibits his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)