Alberto Aquilani (80 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
He is the best option for our midfield that we have been linked with imo.

If we could somehow get him i would be overjoyed.

He is young and fantastic in every part of his game.

But i think we have a better chance at signing Lampard or someone ... who i would also be very happy with.

The only bad thing about Aquilani is he seems to get injured alot.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #82
    Roma would prefer not selling him at all, which I beleive is also what will happen. I always considered Aquilani to be next in line, behind De Rossi and Totti as liftetime Roma players.
    Ofcourse Roma's first priority would be to keep him.But he's not rejected moving to a new team altogether.This could be a tactic used by him to speed up the contract process,but if a situation arises where Roma have to sell him,i think they'd prefer doing it to us rather than Inter.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    Ofcourse Roma's first priority would be to keep him.But he's not rejected moving to a new team altogether.This could be a tactic used by him to speed up the contract process,but if a situation arises where Roma have to sell him,i think they'd prefer doing it to us rather than Inter.
    Thats a very optimistic view.. Even if Aquilani wants to go transfer away from Roma, your forgetting the Secco factor who i doubt will pull out the 30million for him

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #85
    Im not saying that Aquilani would come here for sure,all im saying is that Roma might prefer selling him to us than Inter..provided that we are ready to splash out so much cash for him obviously.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    Ok that's our offer:

Palladino
    +Nocerino
    +5m€

The cash could rise up to 10 m €.

Juve: ecco l'offerta per Aquilani
    22/3/2008 - 11:05
    (TORINO) - La Juve fa sul serio per strappare Aquilani alla Roma, i bianconeri hanno pronta l'offerta: Nocerino, Palladino più 5 milioni di euro. Davanti a questa offensiva di mercato la dirigenza della Roma potrebbe vacillare o persino cedere. Dalla Juve fanno sapere che la somma in denaro potrebbe salire fino a 10 milioni di euro.

calciomercatoweb.it

What do you think?

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    Ok that's our offer:

Palladino
    +Nocerino
    +5m€

The cash could rise up to 10 m €.

Juve: ecco l'offerta per Aquilani
    22/3/2008 - 11:05
    (TORINO) - La Juve fa sul serio per strappare Aquilani alla Roma, i bianconeri hanno pronta l'offerta: Nocerino, Palladino più 5 milioni di euro. Davanti a questa offensiva di mercato la dirigenza della Roma potrebbe vacillare o persino cedere. Dalla Juve fanno sapere che la somma in denaro potrebbe salire fino a 10 milioni di euro.

calciomercatoweb.it

What do you think?
    I'd say yes

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
    I think Roma will reject this deal and say no to Noce for more cash at least it will take Palla plus at least 15€ for them to let Aquilani go.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
    i don't know if letting go palla is the right thing to do. He is disappointing atm, but he can do A LOT better, and i thing we will regret it one day. Erikkson (or who was it from the PL?) does not show interest in a player for nothing.
    I don't think they will let aquilani go, because i rate him the same as Totti & De Rossi; they play at roma with all their heart. Now aquilani had some trouble with totti, but still, i don't think he'll go. In more, they'll most probably finish in front of us this season, and their wage cap will be raised one day, when they keep playing CL and play for the scudetto.

I rate aquilani very high, but he's young, and you never really know what you get. Trading him in for palla at THIS moment would not be clever at all. First of all, palla is way below his true market value (a palla in top form could be traded for aquilani without adding money imo). Then, i think that we are not in a position where we have too many strikers. Should Neddy retire, we NEED palla, because atm i can't think of another substitute for neddy.

I would offer rome Nocerino and more cash, but they won't accept that. At this moment, i think nocerino might be the only player who can be considered transfer-worth. Maybe we could add tiago, but i highly doubt he'll move within serie a

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    i don't know if letting go palla is the right thing to do. He is disappointing atm, but he can do A LOT better, and i thing we will regret it one day. Erikkson (or who was it from the PL?) does not show interest in a player for nothing.
    I don't think they will let aquilani go, because i rate him the same as Totti & De Rossi; they play at roma with all their heart. Now aquilani had some trouble with totti, but still, i don't think he'll go. In more, they'll most probably finish in front of us this season, and their wage cap will be raised one day, when they keep playing CL and play for the scudetto.

I rate aquilani very high, but he's young, and you never really know what you get. Trading him in for palla at THIS moment would not be clever at all. First of all, palla is way below his true market value (a palla in top form could be traded for aquilani without adding money imo). Then, i think that we are not in a position where we have too many strikers. Should Neddy retire, we NEED palla, because atm i can't think of another substitute for neddy.

I would offer rome Nocerino and more cash, but they won't accept that. At this moment, i think nocerino might be the only player who can be considered transfer-worth. Maybe we could add tiago, but i highly doubt he'll move within serie a
    Thats a massive call, what has Palladino done to convince u of this, forget the fact the he is young and italian his performances have been unconvincing whenever he has got the oppurtinity, espicially up front in his "natural" position.. I'm sorry but IMO Aquilani is twice as valuable in terms of quality & price.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
    Thats a massive call, what has Palladino done to convince u of this, forget the fact the he is young and italian his performances have been unconvincing whenever he has got the oppurtinity, espicially up front in his "natural" position.. I'm sorry but IMO Aquilani is twice as valuable in terms of quality & price.
    well of course i can't prove my point, but it's a feeling i've got. Palladino screwed some games, i'm not gonna lie to you, but i remember him playing some very good football. I remember his hattrick with us, i remember some games for ita NT. I know very well that he's performing very poor at this time, but i think that's a lack of match practice also. Anyway, i believe that palla can be good for us in future. He's a good age, he needs to find his natural position though, and he needs confidence. I'd say he suits the after-neddy-time. But it's my opinion. I DO believe, that if we give him away (especially inside serie-a) we'll regret it very soon.
    I doubt this is going to happen anyway. Both players are like their respective clubs prospective for the future, and i doubt any team is going to risk a swap beause no one knows who will be more valuable in future. Aquilani for money (/and noce), HELL YES, i'd pay a LOT tog et him. Aquilani for palla? NO

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
    Mar 5, 2006
    well of course i can't prove my point, but it's a feeling i've got. Palladino screwed some games, i'm not gonna lie to you, but i remember him playing some very good football. I remember his hattrick with us, i remember some games for ita NT. I know very well that he's performing very poor at this time, but i think that's a lack of match practice also. Anyway, i believe that palla can be good for us in future. He's a good age, he needs to find his natural position though, and he needs confidence. I'd say he suits the after-neddy-time. But it's my opinion. I DO believe, that if we give him away (especially inside serie-a) we'll regret it very soon.
    I doubt this is going to happen anyway. Both players are like their respective clubs prospective for the future, and i doubt any team is going to risk a swap beause no one knows who will be more valuable in future. Aquilani for money (/and noce), HELL YES, i'd pay a LOT tog et him. Aquilani for palla? NO
    Palladino screwed up almost every game i saw. He had a hat trick back in serie B, scored 2 goals in his debut. And if i got my stats right he has another 4 more goals spreaded out during the time he has played for us. If he cant score goals we expect him to impress in midfield which he had trouble holding the ball, passing it and dribbling. I would'nt take lack of match practice as an excuse. We have given him more than enough chances to change our opinions. I can think of plenty non starters who impresses for the right clubs when given a chance. Sissoko for instance. Note that i said the right club. Thus obviously he doesnt suit us. It is already past after-neddy-time if you hasnt notice. A replacement for Nedved is only something we could dream of at the moment. Nedved at his prime is twice the level of Palladino. Talking about the NT, he played well against Faroe Island sure. But to be honest if you can actually suck against that team, you dont even deserve to play in the serie A. His other game for Italy was just terrible....

Only reason why we should keep him is as long as he doesn't complain for a first team slot and just be happy with whatever treatment he's getting from us (salary and bonus wise). And if he shines one day, we can only wonder what we did to deserve such a blessing

Sep 26, 2007
    I don't think we can make a fair assessment of Palladino anyway its not like we play him in his natural position at Juventus. So lets not say he is a terrible player. We have no real idea.

On the topic of Aquilani, he is not leaving Roma. He is Roman through and through just like De Rossi and Totti. So there is a 1/1000000 chance that he will leave Roma. Plus he is a playboy and a city like Turin will not help him flourish in terms of the ladies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
    Well i respect your opinions. I told you clearly; that's MY opinion, and the only thing I see considering palladino is that IF we should let him go to another serie-a club, I THINK (!) we will regret it one day. To me, palladino is a little to much criatiano-ronaldo-wannabe, with his dribblings and such. IMO he could be a great player in 1-2 seasons. As i said, i can't prove anything, but hailing aquilani and saying he will be godlike is not right either, he wasn't even in the lineup today, so... (dont know if he's injured or sth though).
    In the end, we'll see what happens, just one last thing; a coach like eriksson doesn't make offers to complete bullshit players. I can't remember what amount they offered, but the fact that they did, and the fact that we didn't sell him although we don't need him atm, tell ME that there must be SOMETHING about him.

We'll see. I understand that palladino went beyond the stress-limit for some fans, but considering his age, and considering his play time, i am still convinced he can be good. My opinion, you don't have to agree. I highly doubt this deal will be sealed anyway (even less involving palla)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i doubt Roma would take our offer..palladino rarely plays for us these days and nocerino is hrdly good enough for Roma's midfield.

We'll need to pay through our noses for a young player who is still proving himself.

I still think we can do better than Aquilani.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I don't think we can make a fair assessment of Palladino anyway its not like we play him in his natural position at Juventus. So lets not say he is a terrible player. We have no real idea.

On the topic of Aquilani, he is not leaving Roma. He is Roman through and through just like De Rossi and Totti. So there is a 1/1000000 chance that he will leave Roma. Plus he is a playboy and a city like Turin will not help him flourish in terms of the ladies.
    Yea aren't they all. If Roma wants to pay off some debt, he'll have to.

Apr 19, 2007

Buffon and DP have the ladies :google:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)