Alberta Tampona Aquilani (2 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I just heard a deal is struck for 8 mln. Not so good sources yet. Stay tuned.
What?? For Aquilani?? Impossible since they have turned down 12mil already, just a couple of weeks ago.

If we are to make about 15mil from Melo's sale, them it wouldnt make sense to prefer Aquilani's purchase for 14-18mil.
as Melo is less injury prone and seems more determined to fight for our cause.

Generally, if we sell Melo for 15mil, we lose 10 mil, so if if we plan to sell Melo (-25+15= -10) and Sissoko (-11+5=-6) , to get Aquilani (-18) and Inler (-15) it will cost us about 50mil total and i dont think that the Inler+Aquilani duo is worthy of 50mil more than the Melo+Sissoko one.

Esp as long as we have Pirlo, Marchisio and Pazienza to rotate with. We have other priorities, so we should better spend our cash elsewhere and stop overpaing and then selling off, we lose millions we cant afford in the process!
8, not 18.

Decent price if you ask me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
What?? For Aquilani?? Impossible since they have turned down 12mil already, just a couple of weeks ago.

If we are to make about 15mil from Melo's sale, them it wouldnt make sense to prefer Aquilani's purchase for 14-18mil.
as Melo is less injury prone and seems more determined to fight for our cause.

Generally, if we sell Melo for 15mil, we lose 10 mil, so if if we plan to sell Melo (-25+15= -10) and Sissoko (-11+5=-6) , to get Aquilani (-18) and Inler (-15) it will cost us about 50mil total and i dont think that the Inler+Aquilani duo is worthy of 50mil more than the Melo+Sissoko one.

Esp as long as we have Pirlo, Marchisio and Pazienza to rotate with. We have other priorities, so we should better spend our cash elsewhere and stop overpaing and then selling off, we lose millions we cant afford in the process!
Even your knowledge of math and business is secondary to your panic and depression. You bought Aquilani for an impossible 18 million and sold Sissoko for 5 million. Even with those ridiculous fees, how exactly do we pay 50 million more for Inler and Aquilani than we did for Melo and Sissoko? Or make a loss of 50 million?

Wow.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Even your knowledge of math and business is secondary to your panic and depression. You bought Aquilani for an impossible 18 million and sold Sissoko for 5 million. Even with those ridiculous fees, how exactly do we pay 50 million more for Inler and Aquilani than we did for Melo and Sissoko? Or make a loss of 50 million?
Wow.
Before you start insulting people and try to be a smart-ass, make some research pls and come back.
Liverpool asked for 18mil, we offered 12, they refused to give him for that amount, that means that we have to offer more.
So when i wrote 14-18, i was pretty accurate, we have already failed to negociate his acquisition for 12, what makes you think they will accept 8, wishful thinking?

As for Sissoko, that was the only offer we got and considering he came from a terrible season => worst possible moment to sell and our inability to sell anyone near his value, its safe to conclude thats a realistic sum.
Also the reported fee on Melo is 15mil, so i ve calculated the sums we are about to lose, if we sell them, considering their price tag.

And i have explained how these sums will cost us a total loss of 50mil, not in 50mil cash paid this year, of course,
but money lost from selling off players way cheaper, than the value we have bought them and overpaying for new ones.
Do the math again and you will see that replacing the same players every year, is a really expensive hobby, it was our point of criticism for Moratti's Inter over his dark years, where he was apparently using this transfer strategy as money laundry, unfortunately, in our case, its just incompetence...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Cron, Aquilani had a 16m eur set price. When we got him it was loan+rights to buy for 16m eur.
Did Liverpool make it 18m after we failed to materialize our right to buy him until May 15?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
No, the thing is that the media mistake all the time between pounds and euros.
But then it wouldn't be 18, since a pound is more than an euro. I think Cronios just came up with the 18. 8 million could be realistic since he doesn't really belong in Liverpool as far as what he has to offer and his performances haven't left many clubs wanting him.

IlPrincipino

Aug 28, 2010
But then it wouldn't be 18, since a pound is more than an euro. I think Cronios just came up with the 18. 8 million could be realistic since he doesn't really belong in Liverpool as far as what he has to offer and his performances haven't left many clubs wanting him.
I think that it was agreed a 16m pounds buy-out clause (18m euros). Anyway, now it doesnt matter because the option expired. About Liverpool, last season he didnt played much because Rafa was taking him slowly, so he could recover from his injury, but when he played he was amazing. Any Liverpool fan will tell you that the only good thing about that season was Aquilani, he changed Liverpool completely when he was playing, i think he ended with 6 assists and 2 goals in 9 starts or something like that. But he didnt played the same role in Liverpool than here. In Liverpool he was used as an advanced playmaker, which I think is by far his best role.
Well, then we all know that happened. The manager that took him to Liverpool was sacked and replaced by Roy Hodgson, a guy that makes look Delnieri a top manager.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think that it was agreed a 16m pounds buy-out clause (18m euros). Anyway, now it doesnt matter because the option expired. About Liverpool, last season he didnt played much because Rafa was taking him slowly, so he could recover from his injury, but when he played he was amazing. Any Liverpool fan will tell you that the only good thing about that season was Aquilani, he changed Liverpool completely when he was playing, i think he ended with 6 assists and 2 goals in 9 starts or something like that. But he didnt played the same role in Liverpool than here. In Liverpool he was used as an advanced playmaker, which I think is by far his best role.
Well, then we all know that happened. The manager that took him to Liverpool was sacked and replaced by Roy Hodgson, a guy that makes look Delnieri a top manager.

I'd love to get him for a lower price and see if he changes under a different manager. Delneri does stiffle creative talent so you might have a point there.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
did i came up with that article as well?
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...-alberto-aquilani-to-make-permanent-move-from
it says 18mil euros, 16 mil pounds, ppl are really paranoid and go really really far when they want to bash someone, some times...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This article is older and less accurate, the 16mil pound clause has been repeated many many times since his loan.
At any case though, it is well within my 14-18 mil assessment on the matter and only proves my point,
rather than the unrealistic 8mil figure ( i wonder who came up with that) of the wishful thinkers that are too hurry and happy to bash me...

We do lose about 48-50 mil by replacing the Melo - Sissoko duo with the Inler-Aquilani one.
If Marotta puuls some Moggi cards and sell Melo-Sissoko near their value and buys the Inler-Aquilani cheap, then i m all for it!
But unrealistically it aint happening.

And most important, we should not forget that we still have Marchisio, Pazienza and Pirlo, so wasting 50 mil to upgrade Melo+Sissoko to Inler+Aquilani really seems absurd as long as in other places, we still have the likes of Motta, Grygera, DC, Grosso and Martinez as starters and back up and we are also likely to spend 35 mil to sign Quaq+Matri, or someone who would appease the masses like Pastore...

Thats why i m saying its unwise!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I wasn't trying to bash you. Apparently different sources have different numbers so you can understand my confusion.
I know man, i was referring to Sadomin and my other... "fans", your post made sense and i ve used it, to point out my argumentation on the matter.

IlPrincipino

Aug 28, 2010
This article is older and less accurate, the 16mil pound clause has been repeated many many times since his loan.
At any case though, it is well within my 14-18 mil assessment on the matter and only proves my point,
rather than the unrealistic 8mil figure ( i wonder who came up with that) of the wishful thinkers that are too hurry and happy to bash me...

We do lose about 48-50 mil by replacing the Melo - Sissoko duo with the Inler-Aquilani one.
If Marotta puuls some Moggi cards and sell Melo-Sissoko near their value and buys the Inler-Aquilani cheap, then i m all for it!
But unrealistically it aint happening.

And most important, we should not forget that we still have Marchisio, Pazienza and Pirlo, so wasting 50 mil to upgrade Melo+Sissoko to Inler+Aquilani really seems absurd as long as in other places, we still have the likes of Motta, Grygera, DC, Grosso and Martinez as starters and back up and we are also likely to spend 35 mil to sign Quaq+Matri, or someone who would appease the masses like Pastore...

Thats why i m saying its unwise!
You are confusing things. Im going to try to explain it the best I can, it is difficult because english is not my natural language and I dont know the particular words.
But in business when you make a rational decision, you dont have to look backwards and see how much you paid for an asset. You have to look at the present and the future. The fact that we overpaid Melo and Sissoko shouldnt matter when we decide which is going to be our midfield. If we can generate for example 20 M for the sale of both players and then Aquilani and Inler would cost both something around 30M, then the cost of changing our midfield with those players is 10M, and not 50M as you said.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
You are confusing things. Im going to try to explain it the best I can, it is difficult because english is not my natural language and I dont know the particular words.
But in business when you make a rational decision, you dont have to look backwards and see how much you paid for an assigment. You have to look at the present and the future. The fact that we overpaid Melo and Sissoko shouldnt matter when we decide which is going to be our midfield. If we can generate for example 20 M for the sale of both players and then Aquilani and Inler would cost both something around 30M, then the cost of changing our midfield with those players is 10M, and not 50M as you said.
Yes, and there's also the problem of devaluation. As with everything, football players are assets, and they can either improve their worth or devalue themselves according to several factors such as age, performances, current club etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)