Alberta Tampona Aquilani (6 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
AQUILANI - INTER WANTED ME

Alberto Aquilani has revealed Inter Milan were interested in signing him from Liverpool over the summer.

The Italian midfielder returned to his homeland in August after a difficult first year at Anfield, joining Juventus on a season-long loan.

He has since declared that he hopes to earn a permanent deal with the Bianconeri, having been a peripheral figure with Liverpool.

Rafa Benitez brought him to Merseyside but fitness problems hampered the 26-year-old's progress.

Aquilani has now claimed Benitez was keen to take him to Inter after leaving Liverpool for the Giuseppe Meazza, although there was never an official offer.

He told Mediaset Premium: "Inter wanted me this summer, they tried to get me. There was something, but nothing more."

Aquilani maintains he looks back with fondness at his time with Liverpool, and has backed Benitez to be successful in his new role.

"Last season with Liverpool was positive for me, despite the injury, although it is not easy to adapt to a different style of football," he explained.

"I had a good relationship with the fans and I would have remained with pleasure, but some things convinced me to change and I'm very happy to have arrived at Juventus.

"I have good memories of Benitez. He allowed me to go to an important club like Liverpool.

"He's a very important coach who will do very well at Inter. To replace Mourinho would be difficult for anyone but Benitez is tough and the right man for Inter."

http://www.football365.co.uk/story/0,17033,8652_6407868,00.html

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Yep, women and North Shore and Eastern Suburbs twats. I fucking despise aerial ping pong.

WHere abouts in Sydney you from mate?
NRL is boring. All you do is run into a wall of men a few times until you have to kick it to the opposition. There is virtually no tactics involved and shit all skill. That's why its a dying sport in Australia and AFL is so quickly expanding.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He should start every game if he will always show that level of commitment and work rate.

His footballing ability is not in doubt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)