Alberta Tampona Aquilani (170 Viewers)

How many matches will we get out of Aquilani this season?

• Less than 5

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 13 - 16

• 17 - 20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Aquilani in the center, I know that nobody likes using Claudio on the left but I'd rather it be him then Pepe or Lanzafame.
Marchisio is not yet even a reliable central midfielder, let alone showing ANY signs of enough versatility to be asked to play in a position where in the past, he has been awful.

i have high hopes for CLaudio, but its surely obvious to anyone who understands the game and has seen him play, both centrally, and awkwardly on the left of midfield, that he can only be used in the middle, if that is, we want to get anywhere the best out of him. He has a worrying habit of drifting in and out of games, and when compared to Pepe and Krasic, our current starting wingers...and yes, we are now playing a formation which depends very heavily on wing play, it is ridiculous to suggest playing him on the wing.

Whilst Pepe is no world class winger, he is dependable, rarely invisible, runs, covers, rarely seems tired, and has been playing in this role for several years. He also has a much more vibrant spirit and more natural determination, than marchisio.

Considering our very obvious problems at left back, the very last thing we should do, is put a still learning his trade CENTRAL MIDFIELDER in front of our left back position.

its very different asking a right back, or even centreback, to play as a left back, than it is to ask a central midfielder to play as a winger. The jobs of LB and CB/RB are much more similar than CM and LW.

I understand, i think, where you are coming from, as when he is good, he is wicked, and sometimes, his technique seems superb (this happens ALWAYS when he is playing centrally)...but surely you have seen, how wretched he is when asked to play as a winger? Its been tried, and he has failed and failed and failed.

Melo seems capable of playing a holding role, although his tracking back when his opposing midfielders attack, isn't great. However, he is much more useful, presently, than Momo, so...he gets the holding role. Alongside him...yes, CLaudio is a better tackler than Aquilani, but he has nowhere near the talent, yet, and likely never will have. You electrics go out in your house, so you call a plumber????

You can say that Marchisio is safer, as he is definitely more capable defensively than Aquilani, and he also has not only the drive to arrive late in the box to support the strikers, he can also finish, often beautifully. However...Aquilani's control and distribution of the ball, makes up for his lack of defensive nous...for give him the ball, and he is going to keep it, take people on, on pick out a quality pass...much more often than Claudio will.

We are not barcelona...who CAN deploy more offensive midfielders than dogs of war, because their midfielders are so fucking good on the ball, that they make up for lacking savagery and manliness in the tackle, through making it hard as fuck to get the ball off them. Pepe and Melo, can be enough. Lets give aquilani more of a chance...

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
Aquilani adds a lot to the team with his pin point passes, only problem is he's pretty injury prone though if he can keep up his performances then we should definitely buy him..maybe even go for 4-3-3 eventually with Melo and Marchisio also in midfield

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He did well yesterday, don't recall any needless giveaways in possession by him. That is what we need. Intelligent passing is something we haven't seen in this club in a few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 170)