al saadi (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by JuventiniSweden ] ++
So Do I..What irritate me more is that Juventus actually let him buy 5% of the club..
He helped out Fiat as well a few years back and invested a fortune, since they didn't (still don't) do too well.

IMO, the move of Al Saadi to Perugia was merely a commercial one. As long as Cosmi is in charge we won't see players that don't truly deserve to be on the pitch playing IMVHO, so I can only hope for Al Saadi's sake that he is good.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Perugia played a friendly with some "club" and Al Saadi scored two goals :eek: :D He played in the 2nd half as a seconda punta, something like DP.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Soccerage:

07/07/2003. Saadi Gheddafi, son of the Libyan leader Muammar, hit a pair of goals in his first friendly match with the Grifoni's jersey.

The brace arrived during the course of the second half of play, where Cosmi played Gheddafi as forward.

The match, which ended 12-0 for the Serie A side, pitched Perugia against amateur side Virtus Bassano, whose players admitted they were asked to 'treat Saadi with special regard .'

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
i saw him in lybian league ,, it was funny , all passes goes directly to him and some guy tried to tackle him and he was banned for a season :LOL:

Jul 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
i saw him in lybian league ,, it was funny , all passes goes directly to him and some guy tried to tackle him and he was banned for a season :LOL:
Well Hey! If that's it then let him play, no Nesta or Maldini would stop him! :D

OP

Resgol

Dec 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    I really like him facing one on one with del piero so he could teach this guy some lesson...

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    guys don't take it soo hard!!!!!! i read alot about the guy and he is not that bad!!! acctually from what i heard from Lybian people is that they do like the guy alot!!! that story said earlier in this thread about his body guard killing 8 people because they were teasing him is rubish and not true!!!! i remember he used to be in the lybian national team and sometimes the coach wouldn't pick him up and that was normal!!!!! he purchased 5% of juventus but that is good for us which means more money for juventus and at the same time more assets to invest!!!!
    him playing for perugia well he is just an honorary member!!!! this way cosmi would get some money to reenforce his team and at the same time a person like Saadi who is wellover 30 by now (i think he is around 33 or 34 not sure though) would get a chance we all dream about of playing in the italian league!!!
    i still don't see anything wrong about it as it is a win win situtation for both!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    yeah, all he has to do is appear a few times as a sub, and everyone's happy.

I Think Perugia also did it for marketing reasons. didn't they buy Nakata to capture the attention of asian fans. Perugia are doing it now to attract all the libyan football fans.

I dont see this any different than when Madrid bought Becks.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Yes Perugia did this 4 commercial reasons, it's clear! But maybe the guy is also able to play... who knows?
    Anycase be ready 4 a new surprise! Gaucci said he want also a girl to play 4 Perugia and looks like rules may allow him to do it cause it is not allowed 4 a man to play in a girls team but there is not a specific rule who disallow a girl to play in a serie A men team. If it will happen, itwill be funny :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I think some of you are being too racist with Gheddafi ;)

Surely he's no saint, but he's devolving all of his wages towards charity which I think is quite nice and shows he's only in Perugia for the love of the game. I would pay to play a Serie A game :D

Technically he's not that great according to Scoglio who used to coach Libya but quit cos of differences with Al Saadi himself.

Regarding the shares he has at Juve, he did buy 5% but I think they were (or will be) increased to 20%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)