19 Wesley Sonck 09.08.1978 BEL
    20 Daniël de Ridder 06.03.1984 HOL
    27 Tom de Mul 04.03.1986 BEL
    28 Nourdin Boukhari 30.06.1980 HOL
    29 Nicolae Mitea 24.03.1985 ROM
    37 Kiran Bechan 12.09.1982 HOL
    38 Ryan Babel 19.12.1986 HOL
    39 Gaston Sangoy 05.10.1984 ARG

This will probably be the line-up (and the back-ups) against Juve.

------------------------------Stekelenburg----------------------------
    --------------------------------(Lobont)------------------------------

Trabelsi--------Heitinga--------------------de Jong------------Maxwell
    (Grygera)-------(Maduro)--------------------(Escude)--------(Kasmirski)
    --------------------------------------------(Vermaelen)------(O'Brien)

---------------------------------Galásek------------------------------
    --------------------------------(Obodai)------------------------------
    --------------------------------(Aborah)------------------------------

-------Pienaar------------------------------------van der Vaart-----
    -----(de Ridder)------------------------------------(Sneijder)------
    -----(Lindgren)------------------------------------(Rusculleda)-----

--Rosales----------------------Sonck-------------------------Mitea--
    --(de Mul)-----------------(Anastasiou)------------------(Boukhari)--
    --(Bechan)-------------------(Sangoy)--------------------(Soetaers)--
    ------------------------------(Babel)--------------------------------

Be Afraid for the fluid play of this great young very talented team!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    hey w.sneijder,good to see an ajax fan amongst us:)

looking at your team i'd say you guys are capable of going one better this year,there's plenty of youth and talent in that XI(something that's always been associated with ajax over the decades.)

all the best and bring it on:devil:

OP
    Jun 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #30
    Filipe: 'Everything was perfect today'

Amsterdam, 6 september 2004

Ajax presenteerde maandagmiddag Filipe Kasmirski en Filipe presenteerde zichzelf aan de Nederlandse pers. De Braziliaanse linksback ziet met de transfer naar Ajax een droom uitkomen. ,,Vandaag was alles perfect", vond de kersverse Ajacied. ,,Ik hoop dat elke dag zo is."

Ajax presented Filipe Kasmirski this morning and Filipe presented himself to the Dutch press. The Brazilian leftback is seeing a dream coming true. ''Today everything was just perfect''',
    said the brandnew Ajax-player. ''I hope everyday could be like this'''.

Alleerst is er aandacht voor zijn achternaam. Kasmirski klinkt namelijk niet zo Zuid-Amerikaans als je van een Braziliaan mag verwachten. ,,Mijn voorouders zijn Pools", verklaarde Filipe op de presentatie. ,,Ik heb een Braziliaans paspoort en ben nog nooit in Polen geweest."

First some attention to his surname. Kasmirski doesn't sound at all like an South-American name which you may expect from a Brazilian. ''My ancestors were Polish''', explained Filipe on the presentation. ''I have an Brazilian passport and i've never been in Poland''

Keurig in pak gezeten achter de tafel met technisch directeur Louis van Gaal en trainer Ronald Koeman viel op hoe weloverwogen en doordacht de 19-jarige verdediger is. ,,Hoe hij zichzelf presenteert vandaag, doet vermoeden dat ook buiten zijn voetbalkwaliteiten het wel goed zit met Filipe", vond Ronald Koeman. ,,Ik vind het belangrijk dat een speler zich normaal gedraagt, zich aanpast en gedisciplineerd is. Zijn kunsten moet hij in 90 minuten op het veld laten zien."

Nice dressed in smoking and seated behind the table with financial director Louis van Gaal and coach Koeman it caught our attention that besides his football qualities his behaviour is great, declared Ronald Koeman. ''I think it's very important that a player has a normal behaviour, can adjust itself and show his discipline'''
    His tricks should be shown in the 90 minutes in the field.

Dat deed hij als speler van Figueirense zo goed, dat hij Ajax opviel. ,,We waren op speurtocht naar een rechterspits", verklaarde Louis van Gaal de interesse voor Filipe. ,,De Braziliaanse jongen die we op het oog hadden, had Filipe als tegenstander. Hij deed het verdedigend zo goed, dat we banden van hem hebben opgevraagd. Je moet altijd een open oog houden voor talent. We hebben hem op huurbasis aangetrokken, maar wel afspraken gemaakt voor als hij slaagt. Dat heeft niet alleen met voetbalkwaliteiten te maken. Hij moet zich aanpassen aan de Nederlandse cultuur en aan de Ajax-cultuur."

He did it very well as player from Figueirense, so good that it caught Ajax's attention. ''We were searching for a right-winger'', said Louis van Gaal. ''The Brazilian player we were scouted was defended by this fellow. He defended so well, that we requesting some tapes of him at his club. You have to keep an eye on the talents. We have only hired him and it's up to him to prove he's good enough to stay. He also has to adjust to the Dutch culture and to the Ajax culture''

Filipe talking on the press conference

Filipe is in een Nederlands gastgezin geplaatst waar alleen Nederlands wordt gesproken. Zo leert hij de taal snel en kan hij niet terugvallen op Portugees, zijn moedertaal. ,,Ik ben blij dat ik in een Nederlands gezin zit", aldus de enthousiaste Filipe. ,,Des te sneller kan ik acclimatiseren. Ik zal natuurlijk mijn familie wel missen en in het begin het Braziliaanse eten ook. Maar ik denk dat ik snel gewend ben. Het zal voor mij geen probleem zijn me aan te passen."

Filipe is placed in a guest family where only Dutch wil be spoken. So he can learn this language faster. He can't fall back to his mother language Portugese. ''I'm happy to be in a Dutch family'' said the enthousiastic Filipe. ''I can acclimisate faster. I shall miss my family ofcourse and the Brazilian food. But i will be used to it a matter of time. It won't be a problem!''

Champagne for Filipe

Filipe weet dat de helft van de groep nog voor interlands onderweg is. ,,Ik vind het leuk dat er bij Ajax spelers uit zoveel verschillende landen zijn. Ik kan bijna niet wachten tot ze terugkomen en ik kennis met ze kan maken."
    Aan het einde van de presentatie liep Filipe met een aantal fotografen het veld op en keek om zich heen de Amsterdam ArenA in. ,,Ik denk dat het moeilijk is om ergens een stadion te vinden dat gelijkwaardig is aan dit. Fantastisch!", complimenteerde hij zijn nieuwe thuishaven.

Filipe knows that half of the players group is on International Duty for the National Teams. ''I like that most of the players are from different countries. I can't wait for them to come back and meet them''.
    At the end of the presentation Filipe walked to the pitch with some photographers and looked around him in the Amsterdam ArenA. ''I think it will be very hard to find a stadion who can match this, it's fantastic'' Filipe complented his new home.

Zijn eerste Ajax-dag zat er bijna op en hij kon terug naar zijn gastgezin om alle indrukken te verwerken. ,,Het was perfect vandaag. Ik hoop dat vanaf nu elke dag zoals deze zal zijn."

His first Ajax-day is almost over and he can go back to his guest family to assimilate all his impressions of this magnificant sunny day. ''It truly was perfect today. I really hope every day will be as good as today''

To answer the rest of the questions:

@ERKKA: Trabelsi can't come to a agreement with Arsenal and is stuck with Ajax another year because he still has a contract for another year. For his football career it's crucial for him to play this season. So he will play!

@Don Bes: Ronald Koeman says van der Vaart and Sneijder can't play both in the line-up. It just doesn't fit according to him. And because Pienaar is a regular, Sneijder is on the bench

@China man: I'm not jealous anymore

@Desmond: Yeah, great to see another Ajax-fan around here!
    Join the club!

@K10: He's a talented striker from Ajax. Hasn't played for the first team of Ajax before. He can function both as striker as right-winger. Although he's 21 already...i'm confident he will make it. Still waiting for his chance and with Zlatan leaving and the transfer of Koné that didn't go through, there is a chance for him to prove himself, it's up to him to take it

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I've always liked Ajax, probably thanks to Litmanen, who moved there about the same time when I started to follow football... :touched:

Sneijder, did you know that Ajax offered Litmanen a job as coach or somekind of director as soon as he desides to retire?! After that, he'll probably be our NT's coach... :cool:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    Sneijder will start. Trabelsi will probably never play for Ajax again, who knows. I would like to see sneijder play instead of Mitea. he's only 7 mil in CL Fantasy Futbal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)