Against Milan, We were Good! (3 Viewers)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Okay, most of you guys might disagree with me. But I watched the video of the full match on BT and I have to say that Juventus look a better team than Milan right now. Here are my grounds:

1.) Juventus were out of form, but came out with a draw against an on-form Milan.

2.) The chances created by Milan were not as clear-cut if you consider that they were playing a lacklustre opponent.

3.) We just came from a match in which we struggled to get a 1-0 win against Bologna, while Milan have taken a morale boosting 6-0 against Florence.

4.) Sheva just won the Balon d'Or and we were able to contain him despite his very high morale. We all know Sheva's quality.

5.) If we were able to step-up a gear, I think the result would have been more favorable to us.

Our passing was clearly in shambles. But that was because it was so evident that our players were so tired. We could really use the winter break to recharge our batteries. Then we could be ready to roll-over Europe again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
Okay, most of you guys might disagree with me. But I watched the video of the full match on BT and I have to say that Juventus look a better team than Milan right now. Here are my grounds:

1.) Juventus were out of form, but came out with a draw against an on-form Milan.

2.) The chances created by Milan were not as clear-cut if you consider that they were playing a lacklustre opponent.

3.) We just came from a match in which we struggled to get a 1-0 win against Bologna, while Milan have taken a morale boosting 6-0 against Florence.

4.) Sheva just won the Balon d'Or and we were able to contain him despite his very high morale. We all know Sheva's quality.

5.) If we were able to step-up a gear, I think the result would have been more favorable to us.

Our passing was clearly in shambles. But that was because it was so evident that our players were so tired. We could really use the winter break to recharge our batteries. Then we could be ready to roll-over Europe again.
Yes, we barely held Milan. There's no doubt that "we're good." Were we good enough to be on Milan's level? Probably not.

* Point (2) isn't exactly an argument. Calling Juve lackluster to support that we were better than them makes little sense IMO. No offense.
* Point (5) could apply to most teams in serie A. The fact is we did NOT step it up a gear. This is simmilar to your 2nd point. Milan were better because they did step it up at our home. We couldn't step it up, meaning they were better.
* Points (1), (3), and (4) can all be combined into one point. The way I see it though is that Milan could had many more chances to score and on any other day, they would have.

Anyhow, I see the positives, but Juve weren't as good as Milan.
That said, I don't think that this performance means that we'll lose the scudetto to them. While their highest form is on a level above juve's best, I think our consistansy and fighting spirit will see us race with Milan till the end (If our key players stay injury-free)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
the fact of the matter is we underperformed. while that should improve i believe we shouldnt despair just yet, and primo's post is an example of the right mentality.

worrying will just add pressure to the team and the coach.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002

This is called LUCK it did not mean that we play good:(

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think the point primo is trying to make is: that a Milan on top form couldnt beat us. Which is a valid point, but has little bearing in the context of the scudetto.

That said, i think the winter break has come at a better time for Juve than Milan.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I think the point primo is trying to make is: that a Milan on top form couldnt beat us. Which is a valid point, but has little bearing in the context of the scudetto.

That said, i think the winter break has come at a better time for Juve than Milan.
I agree , we need to be better after the break , i hope trez can be a big help when he return

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
I guess that with this team maybe we can't beat the likes of milan or barcelona, but there is still hope.this doesn't mean that we have to bash the players and the team. we can't always/or be the best team in the world.it's still ok with me.
and i think that capello's magic didn't show up yet.just be patient.I trust the man more than anybody else.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
you know what.you and the other stupid milan fans that joined here recently are just bringing crap to the forums.we have always good relation with milan.I respect the club and the players,didn't you see how Juve and Milan players congratulated each others? Grow up kid and get the **** out of here if u have nothing to add to the forums.this is a well and respected forum..

Aug 27, 2003

this is what i was exactly discussing the other day with one of my friends..
despite how " amazing" (not imo though) sheva is he still can never break juves defence in this match or well its been a while since sheva scored on our net if im not mistaken
while juve may have struggled with milan that match we just needed to work a lil extra harder or maybe just substituted our players we could have done better

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Milan could have scored at least 3 goals if luck were not with juve , take forexample pirlo shot at the end ,pure luck saved juve only so NO WE ARE NOT GOOD AGAINST MILAN:(

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

so then might as well face it. milan is still better than us and we wont win anything this year either.

Geof

May 14, 2004
we were better than Milan in the beginning, now they are better than us.
Both teams will fave in-form and out of form moments during the season.

Didi you expect Juve to play super-class 45 matches a year??

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
no, but ppl were expecting the players to show a good performance against our biggest rival....if not better. and not just let Milan walk all over us.

the whole world was watching and for the first time, i, as a fan, was ashamed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)