Adsl!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I just found out the university here in Trondheim set up a deal with an ADSL provider to offer 2mbps/640kbps to all students and staff of the university. Incidentally, my mother works there so I'll be hooked up with lightning speed inet soon!!!! :extatic::extatic::extatic: All I gotta do is convince my parents to get it and that should be possible.. :D

The deal with my current provider expires soon anyway and they are turning up the prices. Meanwhile this new offer is cheaper than what I have currently and like 8 times faster!!!!!

For those of you based in Norway, NextGenTel, as opposed to the bloodsucking Telenor, has deals with both NTNU and UiO, though I don't know about the terms of the latter. But it's worth checking out, you get a great speed for less!

Moreover, NextGenTel ALLOWS you to set up servers on your line!!! This is just too cool!!!! :extatic:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #3
    I got 384/128 kbps currently. With 640 out that ftp server should be a lot more useful! :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    i didn't realize telenor was the devils internet provider until AFTER i signed with them, so i'm stuck with them.

i wish i had chosen nextgentel.....:sob:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Yeah, and some of us have to use 56 kbps cable connection :( :down:

But they don't give up and even download movies :D

Btw: Alex, what a happy guy you are now :D. What faster internet connection can do with people :D ;)

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    i didn't realize telenor was the devils internet provider until AFTER i signed with them, so i'm stuck with them.

i wish i had chosen nextgentel.....:sob:
    They are introducing this new junk system that you pay per unit of download, in October. But as long as you're in the period of the "bindingstid" (translation?), they can't do that to you.

vitoria, for techie geeks like me it can!! :D

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Ok, I'm going to confess :)

I've been thinking and thinking and... what the hell this smile LOL means . And I even had to check it :D. Hehe I was surprised, that it was old good L.O.L.

Alex, you can do LOL again now :D
    And I have to improve my knowlegde about smiles :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    They are introducing this new junk system that you pay per unit of download, in October. But as long as you're in the period of the "bindingstid" (translation?), they can't do that to you.
    i'm under the ''bindingstid''(i have no clue), but after that i'm leaving. as a user of their product, i feel that telenor are trying to screw me in the ass every chance they get. they stole the world cup, now this. i wount take it, i'm leaving after the ''bindingstid'' is up. telenor sucks royale:greedy::greedy:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #17
    Let's put it this way. They have about 40,000 adsl customers. 16,000 of them have signed the petition against tellerskritt...

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
    high transmission speed :
    ADSL(asychronous Digital Subscriber Line)
    provides high-speed broadband connection to homes and offices.
    speed application
    up to 8mbps video download
    up to 640 kbps image file sending
    up to 1.5 mbps music download
    up to 512 kbps email forwarding

so what else do u want?!
    even cable speed internet is cool but you've just learnt to
    complain .
    am sure you wont be content even with internet2 (gigabit transmission ).

i'm still happy with my 56 kbps dial up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)