• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Jun 27, 2011
He has had 2 or he couldn't play in Serie A

maybe he has a offer incoming, we've left it up to him to find a club
He's not leaving. Despite the opinions of the minions on this forum. Unless we're getting someone with similar characteristics. Someone with physicality and the ability to cover ground.

As it is. In big games. Rabiot is the 2nd name on that team sheet in our mid, after Pogba.

Giving Rovella or Fagioli chances is fine. But if you think Fagioli is starting on a wednesday evening against Atletico, you're delusional.

As it stands. We need Rabiot. And Allegri knows that. Unless this management has something up their sleeve. That is a possibility due to his contract running out.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He's not leaving. Despite the opinions of the minions on this forum. Unless we're getting someone with similar characteristics. Someone with physicality and the ability to cover ground.

As it is. In big games. Rabiot is the 2nd name on that team sheet in our mid, after Pogba.

Giving Rovella or Fagioli chances is fine. But if you think Fagioli is starting on a wednesday evening against Atletico, you're delusional.

As it stands. We need Rabiot. And Allegri knows that. Unless this management has something up their sleeve.
How is he the 2nd name after Pogba if Pogba plays his preferred position?

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Ohh you probably have rainbow hair , and believe there are like 20 genders

What I said is a fact , vaccines aren’t working, first they claimed as soon as you get the shot you won’t catch the virus , they even suspended guys like Dr Malone and Peter McCullough.

You can take as many shots as you want , but you get the virus again, how the fuck is it working??

I never took a shot , also I never use the mask , got virus twice like every other family member whi got the shot, I didn’t do absolutely nothing (because I’m young,I workout)

I’m moron because I chose te believe a guy (Dr Malone) who’s expert on this kind of vaccination, but some random dude thinks im moron .. okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only question you have to ask now is how many people you infected because you are young and you are working out.
You're answer is probably "Why should I care about others? They should all be working out more and be young like me, especially the old people."

Please don't flaunt your no vaccination case.
There is nothing to be proud about.
Some low iq people might like it though.

Jun 27, 2011
In a 3 man midfield, Pogba always plays LCM, same as Rabiot.

In a 2 man midfield Pogba can play either spot but you're telling me then that Allegri would do Rabiot-Pogba and not Locatelli-Pogba?
I think he'll most often utilize all three of them. Especially in big games. I expect Pogba to be deployed further forward. Locatelli (right) Rabiot (left), behind him.

Rabiot allowed to move into half spaces. Locatelli sits.

Midfield fluidly changes from flat 3, to 2-1, to 1-2. Depends on our opponents approach and scenarios.

And if we're up against someone who needs to be closed down or man-marked, it's Rabiot who does the work. He's the absolute best in our team to do that. And that's why I laugh a little everytime I see somebody ask for him to be sold. Some people here really enjoy acting like couch coaches without giving the impression that they've ever played this game, let alone understand it.

... Then again. There's also the possibility of a two man midfield like you said. But I haven't really figured out how he'd balance that. Pogba can't play in midfield of two. Probably with Rabiot as a LM if in a 4 man defence. If in a 3-4-3, idk, probably the same, it turns into 3-4-1-2 with Loca - Rabiot and Pogba further forward.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
he does play there a lot for France.
Yeah, but not really. He is almost always being covered.

If Pogba plays in a midfield of two. It's usually Matuidi or Rabiot who has played LM.

But you're right. You could deploy Pogba in a two man midfield. But something has to give. Like I said, I haven't really figured out how Allegri would find balance that way. Unless utilizing Rabiot as LM maybe. Idk. But then it becomes a 3 piece.

The first scenario is the most probable and expected one. It's a midfield of extreme physicality. Putting up formation in numbers is useless. There'll be all kinds of hybrid situations going on. Danilo will probably continue to shift between CB and RB. Cuadrado further forward on right linking with Pogba. I mean... numbers say nothing. Fact is, Pogba needs cover. We're not paying him 8m a year for sitting in front of the defence.

Last edited:

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I think he'll most often utilize all three of them. Especially in big games. I expect Pogba to be deployed further forward. Locatelli (right) Rabiot (left), behind him.

Rabiot allowed to move into half spaces. Locatelli sits.
Rabiot never moves into half spaces. His brain shuts off in the attacking 3rd.

You can watch the training videos posted already on youtube and see Pogba in the LCM half space hitting a ball to McKennie entering from RCM. The link is timestamped.

It doesn't seem like Allegri will use Pogba as a 10 based on the videos of training. It seems more likely Pogba will just have freedom to play LCM and line up passes. So I don't see where Rabiot fits compared to McKennie.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
The only question you have to ask now is how many people you infected because you are young and you are working out.
You're answer is probably "Why should I care about others? They should all be working out more and be young like me, especially the old people."

Please don't flaunt your no vaccination case.
There is nothing to be proud about.
Some low iq people might like it though.
So if I infected vaccinated people, does that mean their vaccine isn’t working? That’s exactly what I’m saying.

I never said to anyone don’t take the jab , all I’m saying it isn’t working.

Anyway let’s stop this offtopic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 27, 2011
Rabiot never moves into half spaces. His brain shuts off in the attacking 3rd.

You can watch the training videos posted already on youtube and see Pogba in the LCM half space hitting a ball to McKennie entering from RCM. The link is timestamped.

It doesn't seem like Allegri will use Pogba as a 10 based on the videos of training. It seems more likely Pogba will just have freedom to play LCM and line up passes. So I don't see where Rabiot fits compared to McKennie.
Pogba doesn't play #10. I said #8/10. That video shows pretty much that. Pogba will be heavily involved in the final third. If he drifts left Rabiot sits. If he drifts right, Loca sits.

That is similar to how he played during euros. And there he had Rabiot sometimes covering his left.

This is of course all speculation. And it will change from game to game. But i'd be really surprised if he fields McKennie in an important CL game against a difficult team. Let alone Fagioli or Rovella. For the reasons stated above.

Last edited:

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Pogba doesn't play #10. I said #8/10. That video shows pretty much that. Pogba will be heavily involved in the final third. If he drifts left Rabiot sits. If he drifts right, Loca sits.

That is similar to how he played during euros. And there he had Rabiot sometimes covering his left.

This is of course all suspect of speculation. And it will change from game to game. But i'd be really surprised if he fields McKennie in an important CL game against a difficult team. Let alone Fagioli or Rovella.
I can see Pogba-Locatelli-Rabiot so that Pogba can do whatever he wants. But he will have nothing to aim at because Rabiot absolutely cannot and never has filled the area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)