Adrien Rabiot (22 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Rabiot is a good player - He bullies his opponents (thats how he defends but he isnt doing it in a foul sense of way)
He also organizes the play well but he has no end product - He needs to dare more and try more key passes (maybe Pirlo should tell him that).
Should he be decisive in the offensive end he could get us a jump in quality.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
@Alen rebounds goals now are considered assists?
Recording assists is not part of the official "Laws of the Game", so we cannot know what is and what is not an assist. There is not a rule which explains it, as there is for a foul or for a penalty.

Up until last season on UEFA's official site, they were giving an assist only for a pass which uninterruptedly reached the goal scorer. If there was even the slightest touch by an opponent between the pass and the shot, it was not an assist. But I noticed that this year they are giving assists for a rebound goal. If a player shoots, the keeper saves and someone else scores from the rebound, the shooter is given an assist. It was the case with Kulusevski's shot against Kyiv, which was first saved and Morata scored from the rebound. Kulu was given an assist on UEFA's site. Until last year that was not an assist.

Football sites which record stats, like whoscored, still do not count assists for rebounds. As I said, there is no rule so everyone's recording the assists differently.

OP
Snobist

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
  • Thread Starter #1,447
    Recording assists is not part of the official "Laws of the Game", so we cannot know what is and what is not an assist. There is not a rule which explains it, as there is for a foul or for a penalty.

Up until last season on UEFA's official site, they were giving an assist only for a pass which uninterruptedly reached the goal scorer. If there was even the slightest touch by an opponent between the pass and the shot, it was not an assist. But I noticed that this year they are giving assists for a rebound goal. If a player shoots, the keeper saves and someone else scores from the rebound, the shooter is given an assist. It was the case with Kulusevski's shot against Kyiv, which was first saved and Morata scored from the rebound. Kulu was given an assist on UEFA's site. Until last year that was not an assist.

Football sites which record stats, like whoscored, still do not count assists for rebounds. As I said, there is no rule so everyone's recording the assists differently.
    Yep, I read the same, it doesn't make sense to give an assists after the rebound, because intention was not to assist but to score.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
    Dec 27, 2005

If you play Premier League Fantasy you can see they are giving assists for anything. For the second (I think) Bruno Fernandes goal against Everton, they gave an assist to Rashford who jumped in front of the goalkeeper while the Bruno was shooting and the ball was going into the net, Rashford didn't touch the ball at all...

OP
    Snobist

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
  • Thread Starter #1,449
    If you play Premier League Fantasy you can see they are giving assists for anything. For the second (I think) Bruno Fernandes goal against Everton, they gave an assist to Rashford who jumped in front of the goalkeeper while the Bruno was shooting and the ball was going into the net, Rashford didn't touch the ball at all...
    So they give assists for dummy as well?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    I agree, his off the ball movements creates so much space and rhythm for the rest. Right now, with current status form, I prefer a partnership of Rabiot and Arthur.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    NOT Juventus material.

It's signing players like these that we would need to avoid.

Has the talent and some nice skills but doesn't have the character or mentality to take that next step and become top class.

Hope PL clubs are still interested. Would be a good fit for a club like Arsenal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)