Adrien Rabiot (11 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2020
Arthur is best suited as a deep lying playmaker
Chiesa is a winger/wingback

:kulu: can definitely be that guy
Kulu has those qualities, I don’t doubt it. Nedved was way more explosive than he was, but Nedved arrived in his late 20’s while Kulu just became 20. There’s still a lot of room to grow. But having Kulu and knowing that he has a lot of work rate, improving those aspects would be a massive win for us. Hopefully we won’t destroy him as RWB, we need him as a AM in this formation.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I watched way more Parma games than I wanted to last season, as well as Sweden this season, and really Kulusevski is at his best closer to goal rather than on the wing. Against Sampdoria he was technically a forward but watching the game and seeing his heat map, he really was more of an AM alongside Ramsey. He’s got great instincts, he’s tailor made for that role. If he sticks there, he might lead serie A in assists.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
very little happens with them because there is no movement from the team. they dont have a guy to pass to. Its always a pass to wing back who then tries to hustle or pass it back to CB.
Regarding Rabiot he was still bad for me, not in the good shape still, I think he is our best mid but he needs to step up. Good thing is that he wins every header but Arthur or Ramsey should collect those won balls, instead we lost many of them.

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
Rabiot has become irreplaceable on this squad. A mixture of very good performances and a lack of physicality in the park’s middle. Would like a bit more offensive contributions, but quite a good player rn.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Can't contribute anything in attack, which puts a lot of reliance on Bentancur who is not particularly creative either.

None of our CMs seem to have the ability to create so maybe we should play to their strengths. The team looks more pretty suited to a 4-2-3-1 than our current formation.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Totally agree, but what about the second one? Actually the one that cost him the red, did it was justified too? The answer si not

Agree about Rabiot and Berna as MF. They do that all the time, they go up at the same time always, leaving a huge hole in our midfield, that's why we have to go back to 4-3 something asap

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah, Rabiot switches off way too often but that also happens to Bentancur more than ever before. Last season Bentancur had shown he can read the game and anticipate things pretty well. That's one of the reasons why he got to play as a DM - he'd give extra cover for the defense and he'd release the ball quicker than Pjanic. Otherwise the latter is always a superior player.

My guess here is: the players don't really understand what they are supposed to do and when. When to run, how to position yourself and which patches of the pitch to cover - that's on coach, that's called organization. You learn the system by learning the patterns.

This problem in general shows very well with the rest of the squad as the team quite often tries high pressing but they're applying it very badly. That shit is on Pirlo too.

But yeah, the players aren't helping Pirlo too much at times. Then again, some coaches improve players, pay attention to every single one of them and work on these things. Pirlo is still learning the craft so we have to be ready for any shit coming our way this season. I really wish he started his career somewhere else first.

As for Rabiot - he never really was worth those 7m net he takes home. I'd happily take Locatelli instead of him, that guy would love to play Rabiot's position for 2m net and most probably he would guarantee no drop in quality. Perhaps even an increase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)