Adrien Rabiot (56 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Well, he only ever had one thing going for him really; availability. Now that that's off, he can kindly fuck off with his mom.
He has been the best Juve mid, though not saying that's great ;) and yes please go! If we need to pay players like this 7m, then really good ones 10-12m? Entire salary structure will continue to be out of wack. Weren't we trying to cut costs .... easily decision here.

Hopefully management doesn't think him being best mid need to keep at any cost, not even one year. No, good scouting needed by Giuntoli and Co to find and spend that 7M on 2-3 cheaper young mids.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He has been the best Juve mid, though not saying that's great ;) and yes please go! If we need to pay players like this 7m, then really good ones 10-12m? Entire salary structure will continue to be out of wack. Weren't we trying to cut costs .... easily decision here.

Hopefully management doesn't think him being best mid need to keep at any cost, not even one year. No, good scouting needed by Giuntoli and Co to find and spend that 7M on 2-3 cheaper young mids.
I agree but that's not saying much idd. He won't take a penny less and he's not a difference maker at all.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I won't be sad to see him go, at all. I am very concerned at the quality of the player who will replace him.
Pretty much this…

We need a complete revamp of our midfield already and focusing towards replacing the few ones that actually perform occasionally will eventually result in double the trouble in our current state of affairs.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I won't be sad to see him go, at all. I am very concerned at the quality of the player who will replace him.
it will be a downgrade

i don't even remember the last upgrade we made since ronaldo joined. maybe bremer >> de ligt? ah there's one, kostic >>> frabotta lol. not sure about the other changes

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
If it's a downgrade with an upside, it would be well worth it.

Our midfield needs re-structuring. We don't necessarily need like for like replacements.

If you're paid like a world class player, you need to perform like one or you need to go. Same applies for coaches.

Marotta 'replaced' Hakimi with Darmian/Dumfries, Skriniar with Pavard, Onana with Sommer and Inter haven't lost a beat because he has managed to compensate for the 'downgrade' by adding quality in other areas of the field and retaining their core group of players like Bastoni, Barella and Martinez. It also helps they are a well coached team.

We have guys like Chiesa, Vlahovic and Bremer that we can build on. I don't consider Fagiot to be part of this core. Whoever comes in will initially be a downgrade but if there's room to grow, it would be well worth it.

But before we make any further moves, replacing the manager is of utmost importance.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Marotta 'replaced' Hakimi with Darmian/Dumfries, Skriniar with Pavard, Onana with Sommer and Inter haven't lost a beat because he has managed to compensate for the 'downgrade' by adding quality in other areas of the field and retaining their core group of players like Bastoni, Barella and Martinez. It also helps they are a well coached team...
notice the pattern, they didn't downgrade the midfield

that's the core of most teams, those are the most important positions. now neither of our mids are up to the so called juventus standard, but rabiot is the closest. downgrade on him and you get a worse team even with some better - let's say - fullbacks

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
notice the pattern, they didn't downgrade the midfield

that's the core of most teams, those are the most important positions. now neither of our mids are up to the so called juventus standard, but rabiot is the closest. downgrade on him and you get a worse team even with some better - let's say - fullbacks
Rabiot is not a bad player. He's the best of a bad bunch at JJ. It's just that he's not worth it at 7M net(potentially more if he extends)

Inter's first choice midfield comprise of two free agents, one is in his mid 30s and joined them last season and Calhanoglu who joined two seasons ago. These players would soon need to be replaced.

It's only Barella that is their one true mainstay in their midfield.

We would love to have a player like Barella of course but we need better utilization of our resources. Fagiot is good but not 7M good.

Either way before we can debate about whether we will have a 'worse' team next season, we would need to resolve our managerial crisis first and we will have to wait and see what Giuntoli can do with his first full summer in charge.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it's not even his current salary. rabiot costs 10m per year. last season's rabiot was a bargain. if the tax relief was still available and he could guarantee 15 goals per season i'd say renew

now, without the growth decree and his regular scoring it's an other story

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ask yourselves this. Is this Benign Baguette better than Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba, and Pirlo? Is he even better than Khedira and Pjanic? Heck, is he even better than Matuidi?

Our midfield is a steaming pile or garbage, and he's the leader of that pile.

Renew? Fuck to the Naw, unless he accepts 5 million MAX. He won't because he's a greedy little fuck who overestimates his true worth - thank you Paratootsie you fucking cunt.

Now, if we're really serious about upgrading that midfield, everyone needs to go, and that includes the overrated Suckatelli, McFlurry, and Regretti.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Rabiot’ future with Juve will not come down to financial figures but rather the future of Allegri and the club making it back to the Champions League.In case of Allegri departure there is high chance that Rabiot will leave for free.

[@Gazzetta_it)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
If it's a downgrade with an upside, it would be well worth it.

Our midfield needs re-structuring. We don't necessarily need like for like replacements.

If you're paid like a world class player, you need to perform like one or you need to go. Same applies for coaches.

Marotta 'replaced' Hakimi with Darmian/Dumfries, Skriniar with Pavard, Onana with Sommer and Inter haven't lost a beat because he has managed to compensate for the 'downgrade' by adding quality in other areas of the field and retaining their core group of players like Bastoni, Barella and Martinez. It also helps they are a well coached team.

We have guys like Chiesa, Vlahovic and Bremer that we can build on. I don't consider Fagiot to be part of this core. Whoever comes in will initially be a downgrade but if there's room to grow, it would be well worth it.

But before we make any further moves, replacing the manager is of utmost importance.
Xperd, some here might not value this coming from me ..... but I consider above as Post of the Month quality! :baus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)