Adrien Rabiot (101 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Remember that theory floating around some years ago that Allegri likes tall midfielders?

At this point, you'll have to believe that Allegri plays him because he's tall and thinks that he's going to add 'physicality' to the midfield.

Biggest pussy I've ever seen especially for someone of his frame.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
Its interesting that more bad things he and sandro does, the more play time they gets, do we live in a some kind of paraller universe where someone sees good in bad?
Why rabiot play better in france national team?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Remember that theory floating around some years ago that Allegri likes tall midfielders?

At this point, you'll have to believe that Allegri plays him because he's tall and thinks that he's going to add 'physicality' to the midfield.

Biggest pussy I've ever seen especially for someone of his frame.
ALLEGRI

Sep 13, 2015
Allegri keeps pushing him as a mezzala on the left. The guy can't score, has no vision to make a key pass and his first touch is terrible in the final third.

I think he's only useful in a two man midfield, with a role as a pivot next to a playmaker to recycle possesion. Receive the ball in the middle, guard it with his height and lay a clean simple pass to the playmaker or forwards.

His brain starts to malfunction when u tell him to attack the final third, overlap the left wing and attempt key passes.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Allegri keeps pushing him as a mezzala on the left. The guy can't score, has no vision to make a key pass and his first touch is terrible in the final third.

I think he's only useful in a two man midfield, with a role as a pivot next to a playmaker to recycle possesion. Receive the ball in the middle, guard it with his height and lay a clean simple pass to the playmaker or forwards.

His brain starts to malfunction when u tell him to attack the final third, overlap the left wing and attempt key passes.
That's the mistake you make

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I was checking some stats about the results of our team while certain players were on the field. The calculation was made like this: for example, we played 1:1 with Torino. While Dybala was on, the result was 1:0 which means that Dybala gets a win for this match. He was replaced by McKennie, and while the American was on, we lost 0:1, so McKennie gets a defeat for this match. Those who played the entire match get a draw of course.

Now, do you know which idiot is by far our worst player in this regard?
Rabiot of course. When he is on the pitch we have 5 wins, 10 draws, and 6 defeats. Juve has 50% wins this season in serie A (13 out of 26), while with Rabiot on we have only 23% wins.

Here is for the other midfielders (green is above average, blue is average or very close, red is below average, or vice-versa for defeats, where below average is in green)
JUVENTUS 13 wins, 8 draws, 5 defeats (50% wins, 31% draws, 19% defeats) 60% won points (47 of 78)
Arthur Melo 7-3-2 (58% wins, 25% draws, 17% defeats) 66% won points (24 out of 36)
Locatelli 12-10-3 (48% wins, 40% draws, 12% defeats) 61% won points (46 of 75)
Bentancur 8-8-3 (42% wins, 42% draws, 16% defeats) 56% won points (32 of 57)
McKennie 9-4-7 (45% wins, 20% draws, 35% defeats) 51% won points (31 of 60)
Rabiot 5-10-6 (23% wins, 47% draws, 30% defeats) 39% won points (25 of 63)

So far only Arthur is clearly above average. Locatelli is close and little above the average, as is Bentancur who is a little below average. McKennie is 10% below average but Rabiot is way way below. We clearly struggle and suck with him on the pitch.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I was checking some stats about the results of our team while certain players were on the field. The calculation was made like this: for example, we played 1:1 with Torino. While Dybala was on, the result was 1:0 which means that Dybala gets a win for this match. He was replaced by McKennie, and while the American was on, we lost 0:1, so McKennie gets a defeat for this match. Those who played the entire match get a draw of course.

Now, do you know which idiot is by far our worst player in this regard?
Rabiot of course. When he is on the pitch we have 5 wins, 10 draws, and 6 defeats. Juve has 50% wins this season in serie A (13 out of 26), while with Rabiot on we have only 23% wins.

Here is for the other midfielders (green is above average, blue is average or very close, red is below average, or vice-versa for defeats, where below average is in green)
JUVENTUS 13 wins, 8 draws, 5 defeats (50% wins, 31% draws, 19% defeats) 60% won points (47 of 78)
Arthur Melo 7-3-2 (58% wins, 25% draws, 17% defeats) 66% won points (24 out of 36)
Locatelli 12-10-3 (48% wins, 40% draws, 12% defeats) 61% won points (46 of 75)
Bentancur 8-8-3 (42% wins, 42% draws, 16% defeats) 56% won points (32 of 57)
McKennie 9-4-7 (45% wins, 20% draws, 35% defeats) 51% won points (31 of 60)
Rabiot 5-10-6 (23% wins, 47% draws, 30% defeats) 39% won points (25 of 63)

So far only Arthur is clearly above average. Locatelli is close and little above the average, as is Bentancur who is a little below average. McKennie is 10% below average but Rabiot is way way below. We clearly struggle and suck with him on the pitch.
Fbref will actually tell you +/- for each player and +/- per 90 mins.

Our best player for +/- is Morata at +21. Then Cuadrado at +20.

Our best +/- per 90 is Pellegrini, then Berna, then Arthur.

Pellegrini is +1.32 goals in favour per 90 mins. And Alex Sandro is only +0.42, if you were to compare position for position.

Rabiot is +0.23 which is almost dead last on the team. Arthur is +1.02, Locatelli is +0.77. Zakaria is +0.78.

Our best XI using +/- per 90 mins would be:

Morata-Vlahovic-Bernardeschi
Locatelli-Arthur-Zakaria
Pellegrini-MDL-Rugani-Cuadrado

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Fbref will actually tell you +/- for each player and +/- per 90 mins.

Our best player for +/- is Morata at +21. Then Cuadrado at +20.

Our best +/- per 90 is Pellegrini, then Berna, then Arthur.

Pellegrini is +1.32 goals in favour per 90 mins. And Alex Sandro is only +0.42, if you were to compare position for position.

Rabiot is +0.23 which is almost dead last on the team. Arthur is +1.02, Locatelli is +0.77. Zakaria is +0.78.

Our best XI using +/- per 90 mins would be:

Morata-Vlahovic-Bernardeschi
Locatelli-Arthur-Zakaria
Pellegrini-MDL-Rugani-Cuadrado
Zakaria played only two matches though, so I wouldn't count him yet, or Vlahovic
But Pellegrini's numbers are indeed interesting. While he was on the pitch, we were winning 7 times and drawing 3 times. Not a single defeat.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Play anyone but him

- - - Updated - - -

Play anyone but him
Zakaria played only two matches though, so I wouldn't count him yet, or Vlahovic
But Pellegrini's numbers are indeed interesting. While he was on the pitch, we were winning 7 times and drawing 3 times. Not a single defeat.
What do Dybala's numbers look like?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
was this guy good at PSG?
From what I saw, which wasnt a lot, he looked good when played in that regista role...once played in other midfield roles he never looked as good. But he was young, full of potential...any poor performances related to him being young..or that was the excuse anyway.

I still don't understand why he gets as many opportunities not only for us but for his country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 85)